Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)... Happy New Year

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。

Okay kids... here we go...................2013 Christmas gifts are going to get started on today!

I am meeting up with a couple ladies from the 'ville here... to do some shopping and have lunch... then I'm going to start a pair of mittens from a pattern I created in my head. So... I'll get it out of my head onto a hook and hopefully have a mitten pattern to use for gifts along with scarves...ear warmers... beanies... and slippers this year for Christmas.

:heart

:mug

OOOOH can't wait to see! I start on gifts today as well. First up, a beanie for one of the guys!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a link to a blog I created to track my work.....

http://watsoncreations2013.blogspot.com/

I am very excited about using up all my yarn stash..

I've been wanting to make one of those ghans....good idea to start a blog!!

Val, Happy New Year to you, too! And maybe you'll get some ideas from some of the ladies here.

Okay..... this is what I have so far................ I will be busy!!!

Christmas gifts for 2013

1. Mom ~ scarf – mittens – slippers

2. Dale ~ scarf – slippers

3. Len ~ football beanie – slippers

4. Julee ~ scarf – mittens – slippers

5. Spencer ~ football beanie - slippers

6. Samantha ~ owl ear warmer/headband - slippers

7. Melvin ~ Military Ripple’ghan - slippers

8. Jessica ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

9. Jayden ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

10. Christopher ~ Ripple’ghan - slippers

11. Paige ~ beanie –mittens - slippers

12. Landen ~ beanie – mittens – slippers

13. Mathew ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

14. Jamie ~ Ripple’ghan - slippers

15. Evan ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

16. Ryan ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

17. Hope ~ beanie – mittens - slippers

18. Patrick ~ slippers

19. Michael ~ slippers

20. David ~ slippers

21. Ken ~ beanie

_____/)___/)______./¯"""/')

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯\)¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)

¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´…..Good Morning…..

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Hope all is well with everyone! I'm good.... still on vacation here in Florida. Met up with a couple 'ville ladies for shopping and lunch yesterday. That was fun!!!

I got one mitten made last night... I'll finish the second one to complete the pair today so I can tuck it away for a gift.

Haven't quite decided who I want to give what but I've had some patterns I've been wanting to do so guess I'll decide as I can get to them!:blush Oh... you'll be fine! I bet once you see some of the project that are being made here ... you'll get that list rollin'.

Wow Tam!!! Thats one long list! :eek Good luck getting all of it done. You most certainly will be busy. :Dyep.. long list... busy hook and needles! LOL :)

Great list, Tam! Looks like LOTS more slipper making in 2013 for you!! You are really on a roll with those slippers!!!! goodness yes.... I plan on making alot of slippers this year!!! they are so easy and useful.

I need to make a baby blanket ASAP. Does anyone have a favorite pattern?

I have done a giant granny square, a blanket made up of granny squares. bearghans (I may do this one) and simple Double crochet with a shell edging.

Anyone have a favorite pattern that they go to for baby blankets. This is for a girl.

I need to make a baby blanket ASAP. Does anyone have a favorite pattern?

I have done a giant granny square, a blanket made up of granny squares. bearghans (I may do this one) and simple Double crochet with a shell edging.

Anyone have a favorite pattern that they go to for baby blankets. This is for a girl.

I do! It is the Dainty Textured Blanket on Ravelry. Although, I did have to place 3 sc in the corners for the border not to curl. Here's a pic of what it looked like all done:

post-18684-135897794501_thumb.jpg

These are my fish bag holders, one for my sister, one for my niece.

[ATTACH]61428[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]61429[/ATTACH]

Those are adorable!

Hi there and happy new year to all my crochet friends here:

I am gonna join this as i already have begun to make gifts for 2013 christmas giving...

I only crochet for my Niece as family member since no one else appreciate anything hand made in my family...

I taught my sister to crochet so I dont make anything for her either she makes crocheted gifts too...

Now since i dont have more family members to gift to I make gifts for Bank tellers at our local branch..

I make gifts for the local animal hospital where I adopted my Foxie and Munchkin...

I make gifts for girls at Registration dept in hospital and also for the lady at billing there at the hospital ,, then i crochet for postal master and the mail man too...

And then of course for some swaps and friends as well...

So here is what I have made already and putting them in rubbermaid totes so i know what i've done so far and what else i got to make..

So here are photos of what i'm making,,, I have decided i want to make Cowls and also infinity scarfs..... then kitchen stuff too....

enjoy and I hope it serves as inspirations to all....

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897794517_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794522_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794525_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794528_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794533_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794539_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794542_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794545_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897794548_thumb.jpg

I am gonna join this as i already have begun to make gifts for 2013 christmas giving...

I only crochet for my Niece as family member since no one else appreciate anything hand made in my family...

I taught my sister to crochet so I dont make anything for her either she makes crocheted gifts too...

Now since i dont have more family members to gift to I make gifts for Bank tellers at our local branch..

I make gifts for the local animal hospital where I adopted my Foxie and Munchkin...

I make gifts for girls at Registration dept in hospital and also for the lady at billing there at the hospital ,, then i crochet for postal master and the mail man too...

So here is what I have made already and putting them in rubbermaid totes so i know what i've done so far and what else i got to make..

So here are photos of what i'm making,,, I have decided i want to make Cowls and also infinity scarfs..... then kitchen stuff too....

hugs

Lillibet

It's funny you said you don't crochet for your sister because she crochets. I always end up getting my Mom to knit for me because I never have time to crochet stuff for myself. I'm too busy making stuff for other people.

It is too bad your family doesn't like your crocheted stuff, but there are so many people in the world just waiting. Most of the kids in my family have outgrown dolls, but I LOVE making doll clothes, so now I make a yearly doll donation. It was a wonderful feeling thinking about a couple of girls getting new dolls with good sized wardrobes. There is always someone who needs something.

I really want to do this!! Ok, lets see..... Two girls at work are having babies, and I have until March for one of them...First anniversary gift for my son and his wife, I would love to make a crocheted bedspread. Finish the scarf for my daughter's boyfriend.... doll clothes are a biggie in my house this year! So many projects, so little time!! I'm in Ladies!!

I make gifts for the local animal hospital where I adopted my Fand Munchkin...

hugs

Lillibet

You have been one busy lady. Love them all and I really enjoyed seeing some of your cow collection and that cow hanger is the best!

I am happy to get a fresh start on 2013 as I started so late last year. I hope to get a better head start making xmas gifts as well as birthday gifts. Currently I am still working on finishing some xmas gifts...got the important ones done...almost done hoping to get them in the mail by the weekend. Then I am going to get busy on making a Valentine afghan and a wedding blanket for me and my newlywed wife :0) Time to get busy busy busy!!

Archived