Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

I started on a 70's American Girl doll pattern for donation, but my great niece decided that she is still into AG dolls and wants it for the Julie doll she got for Christmas.  That makes her May birthday a little easier. :lol  :lol

The kids from that family have also petitioned for more fake food so I started on a baked potato last night for an Easter Basket filler toy.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The baked potato is finished and posted on my blog here.  I finished another Easter project for DH and am finishing up the last details for a really cute carrot car.  I am working on another carrot Easter project from THe Amigurumi Toy Box.  I still am getting a few rows a time in on my thread donation dress.

That's a hoot! I chuckled at the pat of butter on top!

....I haven't done a thing, yet. I do have 2 baby ghans to make - for June and August, so that's ok. I want to get at least ONE bookmark done, though - to give myself a kick start. If we get snowed in this weekend it might be a perfect time. We've had a very chaotic week, so not much in the way of fun things got done.

Hi, ladies!

I haven't started yet, but in the future i will.

You sound like me! I need to get a move on!! Do you know what you want to make?

I have been crocheting scarves for friends! And I crochet 16 purple granny squares for Yarn Bombing Los Angeles!

I love hand made scarves - they're a hit with everyone! Yarn bombing! that's funny...  I have a crochet friend on here who is working on an upcoming yarn bombing in Pittsburgh.

The baked potato is finished and posted on my blog here.  I finished another Easter project for DH and am finishing up the last details for a really cute carrot car.  I am working on another carrot Easter project from THe Amigurumi Toy Box.  I still am getting a few rows a time in on my thread donation dress.

That is really cute.

well, I tried the thread bookmark today - and it's just not happening.

Maybe I need to find a more simple pattern. I'll go looking when I get a chance.

My DH is getting an early Easter Basket gift for his office.  I tried out Bunny Avenger Fury first.  For now I am back to working on the Easter stuff I have to ship, but I hope to complete the rest of the Bunny Avenger set for him, eventually.  He is posted on my blog for anyone who would like to visit here.

I've been holding off on joining you all for this CAL but I found some SUPER CUTE patterns for some of the peeps I love! I'll see if I can post links later but for now it looks like stuffed animals for my kids and my niece and nephew, and 2 striped felted purses one for my mom, one for my SIL. 

So I think I'll hang out with you all and when I'm not rushing out the door to pick up kids I'll read up on all the posts to get ideas for the men in my life...lol.

Be seeing ya!

My DH is getting an early Easter Basket gift for his office.  I tried out Bunny Avenger Fury first.  For now I am back to working on the Easter stuff I have to ship, but I hope to complete the rest of the Bunny Avenger set for him, eventually.  He is posted on my blog for anyone who would like to visit here.

That's wild! Great idea!!!!

I've been holding off on joining you all for this CAL but I found some SUPER CUTE patterns for some of the peeps I love! I'll see if I can post links later but for now it looks like stuffed animals for my kids and my niece and nephew, and 2 striped felted purses one for my mom, one for my SIL. 

So I think I'll hang out with you all and when I'm not rushing out the door to pick up kids I'll read up on all the posts to get ideas for the men in my life...lol.

Be seeing ya!

Welcome, Traci!  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! With the menfolk....what about beanies? There are so many free patterns out there...

That's wild! Great idea!!!!

Welcome, Traci!  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! With the menfolk....what about beanies? There are so many free patterns out there...

That might be an option for one of my brothers... I'll have to check out some patterns.  :lol

I am currently doing some preemie hats for the local hospital & would like to also use up some fun fur stash and make some colorful small infinity scarves for random giving - double strand my regular thin yarn with some fun fur and they work up quick weather knit of crochet!

And our weather here in Western PA is still cold - so something is needed at the neckline of a coat - and these are a little less bulky than a traditional scarf ;) 

I think this is going to be my favorite Easter project yet, the Bunny and Carrot Car.  I got this pattern as part of a Crochetville Wishlist last year.  He is posted on my blog here if anyone would like to visit.

Love it!

Today's Easter project is a Carrot House with a bunny.  I made a slightly different one last year.   He's posted here.  I'm working on a fox with a race car.  Have the car finally finished and the fox almost done.  Then it's a Hello Kitty with plane.  I'm not sure how close that gets me to the mailing deadline, but we'll see what else I can get in there.  I have a Barbie thread costume I'd love to try out now that I can do thread, but we'll have to see what happens.

Well, I bought the patterns for the stuffed animals for my kids! YAY! 

Raccoon  , Otter , Reindeer , and Cow. They are all by Teri Crews. She's very talented! I need to pick out two more for my niece and nephew. I have the yarn already in my stash for the felted purses, but I also have a ton of wool sweaters and I may end up doing sweater purses for my mom and SIL, I haven't quite decided.

Anyway, that's where I'm at so far!

Wow, Traci!!! What a list! And the patterns are so cute - I would have a super hard time deciding what to make!

Well, none of this is due until Christmas, so hopefully I can get it done before then!  :tup

Well, I bought the patterns for the stuffed animals for my kids! YAY! 

Raccoon  , Otter , Reindeer , and Cow. They are all by Teri Crews. She's very talented! I need to pick out two more for my niece and nephew. I have the yarn already in my stash for the felted purses, but I also have a ton of wool sweaters and I may end up doing sweater purses for my mom and SIL, I haven't quite decided.

Anyway, that's where I'm at so far!

Those are so adorable.  They are sure to be hits with requests for more.

I have been doing alot of testing crocheting for a designer & one of their main tests have been happy, so I am pretty sure that I have all the kiddos & my niece, nephew & son more then likely covered. I also might have my DH 90 yr old grandmother covered already as well. In fact, I do believe that I might even have my sister in laws covered as well, I am fixing to start making some blankets & as those are done I will decide who they go too.

Archived