Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

.:: Hi Ho Friends.........................

How's everyones day going so far?

I'm still hangin' in Florida... enjoying the lovely day just lounging around... cleaning up the house here and there gettin' things done before we head out tomorrow for home.

I havent started on any of the items on my Christmas list yet... mostly because all my yarn is at home. :)

I did finish a scarf I worked on in the car on the way here.

its for charity.

[ATTACH]61506[/ATTACH]

And I made a dishcloth set to leave here.

[ATTACH]61505[/ATTACH]

I'm working on a baby boy blanket for my cousin right now.

catch up more later

have a great day

:heart

:mug

Great scarf. I love the colors on the dishcloth set. Very pretty.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May I join the party? I have ideas bouncing around in my head and if I am going to get them done I need to start now instead of in November! I really need the support of this group to make it happen.

I know I want to make a throw for my niece in charcoal and plum. Still looking for the right pattern.

Felted slippers, felted bucket hat, would love to do a top of some kind. YEEKS!!

May I join the party? I have ideas bouncing around in my head and if I am going to get them done I need to start now instead of in November! I really need the support of this group to make it happen.

I know I want to make a throw for my niece in charcoal and plum. Still looking for the right pattern.

Felted slippers, felted bucket hat, would love to do a top of some kind. YEEKS!!

Welcome! Have you looked on Red Heart to find their patterns there are so many throws there....

We'll be here to cheer you on!

.:: Hi Ho Friends.........................

How's everyones day going so far?

I'm still hangin' in Florida... enjoying the lovely day just lounging around... cleaning up the house here and there gettin' things done before we head out tomorrow for home.

I havent started on any of the items on my Christmas list yet... mostly because all my yarn is at home. :)

I did finish a scarf I worked on in the car on the way here.

its for charity.

[ATTACH]61506[/ATTACH]

And I made a dishcloth set to leave here.

[ATTACH]61505[/ATTACH]

I'm working on a baby boy blanket for my cousin right now.

catch up more later

have a great day

Both are lovely.

This will be for a friend. Every year her grands have a gingerbread house contest. This will be my entry. :lol

[ATTACH]61537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]61538[/ATTACH]

That is wonderful!!! You must have lots of patience to make something that involved!!

Love what all the pics! All the ideas... the items getting done already.... Awesome!

Okay... so I made a pair of mittens today.

Not sure these are going to be for anyone on my list... they were really my practice pair. I've had this pattern in my head for months and finally got it out onto a hook and yarn. :whew

But ... they do look like something my mom might like... so I'll think about it!

Anyway... now that I have the mittens made... I can make more that are actually on my list of gifts! :hook

[ATTACH]61483[/ATTACH]

I love the mittens.

This will be for a friend. Every year her grands have a gingerbread house contest. This will be my entry. :lol

[ATTACH]61537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]61538[/ATTACH]

This is so adorable. I just would not have the patience.

Well, baby shower is done so I thought I'd get a few things done I've wanted to work on but my mom starts talking about the hats I had made

and next thing I know I have a hat and scarf set to make. The lady said "can you do mittens with it", nope, I don't do mittens. I love Tam's, are there easy patterns for mittens?

I got the snowman up and posted on my blog, here. I have the last of my 2013 ami's I've finished posted this week. I'm into doll mode now. I finished a couple of 18" projects for my doll donation and am working on some 12" baby doll projects to add to the donation. I wanted to try something new this year and it is turning out to be quite fun.

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Morning...................

sorry for falling behind on posts.............. we were traveling the last few days to get home from our lovely Christmas vacation in Florida.

It was awesome... the boys had a great time!

My 16yr old got two vacations in one :) Our trip to Florida as a family and a flight to Standford University in CA to pitch with/for Stephen Strasburg! YEP... a good Christmas!

I did get some knitting and crocheting done on the car ride home. I'll post pics in a bit! Oddly enough... I dont believe any are Christmas gifts.... :sigh LOL

Oh well... now that I'm home with my stash... I can get busy! :hook

Yay! I really loved this thread last year. It was a good place to talk about presents.

Handmade presents were a HUGE hit this year!! So much so that I've got my work cut out for me this year. I haven't picked up a hook since I put it down the Saturday before Christmas!

I'm in scouting mode right now for patterns. I'll probably do an afghan for my MIL and some more AMIs for the neices/nephews...Snowflakes for everyone which was my rather ambitious goal for 2012. (too ambitious! it never happened!)

I'll let you all know when I have some more concrete lists in hand!

I LOVE what you all have posted so far!! Such pretty projects! Well done to all!!!:clap

I got the snowman up and posted on my blog, here. I have the last of my 2013 ami's I've finished posted this week. I'm into doll mode now. I finished a couple of 18" projects for my doll donation and am working on some 12" baby doll projects to add to the donation. I wanted to try something new this year and it is turning out to be quite fun.
Very cute!!! Enjoy the doll projects!

,___,

[O.o]

/)__)

-"--"- Good Morning...................

sorry for falling behind on posts.............. we were traveling the last few days to get home from our lovely Christmas vacation in Florida.

It was awesome... the boys had a great time!

My 16yr old got two vacations in one :) Our trip to Florida as a family and a flight to Standford University in CA to pitch with/for Stephen Strasburg! YEP... a good Christmas!

I did get some knitting and crocheting done on the car ride home. I'll post pics in a bit! Oddly enough... I dont believe any are Christmas gifts.... :sigh LOL

Oh well... now that I'm home with my stash... I can get busy! :hook

It doesn't have to only be for Christmas gifts - can be gifts for anyone at any time this year!!

Today's Christmas ami is a ballerina ornament posted on my blog here. This was made from an ami pattern, but she looked like she'd make a great ornament for my Christmas box.

I discovered I can actually work with thread if I use the Bates bamboo hooks!!! I did a SMALL experiment yesterday with some size 10 crochet thread and a size 7 steel hook to make a soap bar for the baby doll I'm working on. I was so excited that I could actually get the hooks to work. In the past the smaller the hooks got the less I could do with them. However, with the bigger handles it appears I can do something with them. I started with some swatches with the 0 and 7 hooks and then tried the mini soap bar pattern. I am hoping to work my way up to some dress patterns for the 18" doll that I love but have avoided because of the thread!!! I may even add some Barbie's to my donation project if this works out. I feel like a little kid. It's amazing what the right tool can do.

Today's Christmas ami is a ballerina ornament posted on my blog here. This was made from an ami pattern, but she looked like she'd make a great ornament for my Christmas box.

I discovered I can actually work with thread if I use the Bates bamboo hooks!!! I did a SMALL experiment yesterday with some size 10 crochet thread and a size 7 steel hook to make a soap bar for the baby doll I'm working on. I was so excited that I could actually get the hooks to work. In the past the smaller the hooks got the less I could do with them. However, with the bigger handles it appears I can do something with them. I started with some swatches with the 0 and 7 hooks and then tried the mini soap bar pattern. I am hoping to work my way up to some dress patterns for the 18" doll that I love but have avoided because of the thread!!! I may even add some Barbie's to my donation project if this works out. I feel like a little kid. It's amazing what the right tool can do.

Wonderful work!!

And I know what you mean about having the right tools! When I haven't worked in thread for a long time I keep dropping the steel hooks. I have a bamboo handled one I was gifted a while back and will be using it when I get to working on my bookmarks. I'm looking forward to it!

Today's post is the second set of Mr. & Mrs. Claus I have put away for Christmas 2013. They are posted on my blog here.

I'm almost done with my first round of baby doll projects. For some reason I have no luck with patterns that have you make two sets and sew the back and front together. I'm fine when you crochet them in the round and have pieces that need to be sewn together or need buttons. However, when it requires two or more pieces that then some how are sewn together to make an outfit, mine never match up. I'm reworking a set of pajama bottoms for the baby doll after another failed attempt when piece A did not come close to working with piece B. However in the round, baby has a fine pair of pj bottoms.:lol:lol

Today's post is the second set of Mr. & Mrs. Claus I have put away for Christmas 2013. They are posted on my blog here.

I do love them!!

I'm almost done with my first round of baby doll projects. For some reason I have no luck with patterns that have you make two sets and sew the back and front together. I'm fine when you crochet them in the round and have pieces that need to be sewn together or need buttons. However, when it requires two or more pieces that then some how are sewn together to make an outfit, mine never match up. I'm reworking a set of pajama bottoms for the baby doll after another failed attempt when piece A did not come close to working with piece B. However in the round, baby has a fine pair of pj bottoms.:lol:lol

Have you tried fudging a bit so they'll work?

Archived