Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

Yup,....I'm baaaaaack!:lol

2012 is days away from being over and 2013 looms ahead.

There are birthdays, mother's and father's day coming up, etc...not to mention another December in our future!:eek

So, this is where anyone who would like some encouragement or ideas, or just wants to show us their pretty pictures, can come and hang around.

No pressure. Just a quiet corner to come and visit.

Now, my projects for December 2013 will be bookmarks. I belong to a neighborhood book club and I thought it would be fun if I managed to make at least one bookmark a month to give to my friends and neighbors - especially since they wouldn't be expecting anything!!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of snowflakes and elves. Christmas stuff..I also need to make an afghan for my daughter and her husband for their 1st Anniversary in August. Still seems soo weird to say.

I've almost finished my first outfit for my Christmas 2013 doll donation. I have to get started on my St. Patrick's Day and Easter boxes for my niece and nephews. There's no way I'll finish crocheting anything in time for Valentine's Day box this year. I don't have anything that inspires me to try right now. I have some really cute St. Patrick's and Easter stuff I want to focus on.

Wow....sounds like we have to get busy!! Welcome, ladies!

I want to buy some colored threadbefore starting my bookmarks. I have ecru, but I need some colors to get me excited!! I have a couple of simple bookmark patterns (not sure where I stashed the rest of them) so colors will be nicer for those, IMO.

Well, I'll probably jump in....but right now my mind's kind of jumbled and I have no clue what I have to make :think

My neighbor is having a baby, so will make something for her. She's due in May and I think will find out the sex of the baby at her next appt :think My sister wants to try to make her a blanket, so I'll choose something else. I have a couple things to make for myself, so won't count them as gifts :think

And I have a couple WIP's in the making, but no specific destination as of yet :think

Wow....sounds like we have to get busy!! Welcome, ladies!

I want to buy some colored threadbefore starting my bookmarks. I have ecru, but I need some colors to get me excited!! I have a couple of simple bookmark patterns (not sure where I stashed the rest of them) so colors will be nicer for those, IMO.

I have some free pattern links on my blog if you are looking for some new ideas.

Bookmarks

.::..... hmm........ I've become addicted to making slippers ... fingerless mitts... and headband/ear warmers.

So I think I'm gonna join in here and see what I can get done for Christmas 2013 gifts.

I have a drawer I've been putting some of these things I've been making to have on hand for quick last minute/emergancy gifts... Looks like I will need to start a Christmas 2013 gift drawer now. :hook

:heart

:mug

Well I said I wouldn't make anything, and now I found a site that shows 10 games to crochet, and there's 3 or 4 things I want to make!! Crocheting habits are hard to break!! There's a cute penguin bowling set that I know my Grandson would enjoy, and there's always those cute bassinet purses for the Grand daughters, there's always something.............

Oh and mittens!! I usually make a pair for each Grandchild (9 so far) but this year I'll make enough mittens for them and just the mothers pick a pair IF they want them; because I'm not so sure my dil wanted them. This way no one gets left out. Plus I always make some to give away...

Well, I've been crocheting non-stop for the past couple of weeks. I am going to be a great aunt and she's due Feb 5th so I've been crocheting like crazy. I got the blanket, wash cloths, and hats, but dang if I can make booties. I just don't know what it is. I've tried several and non come out right at all. You wouldn't think they'd be so difficult.:( My niece has decided to use the cradle so I now have to do a smaller blanket for that, so encouragement is needed.

Since to hear from you Judianne;)

Well, I'll probably jump in....but right now my mind's kind of jumbled and I have no clue what I have to make :think

My neighbor is having a baby, so will make something for her. She's due in May and I think will find out the sex of the baby at her next appt :think My sister wants to try to make her a blanket, so I'll choose something else. I have a couple things to make for myself, so won't count them as gifts :think

And I have a couple WIP's in the making, but no specific destination as of yet :think

Baby presents are such fun to make!! What about a stuffed toy?? I need to start a stash of baby gifts again - this is a fertile neighborhood! Other things, too....

Hmm... maybe can cozies for everyone....Sock monkey ones
oh, that sounds cute!

I have some free pattern links on my blog if you are looking for some new ideas.

Bookmarks

TY! I'll check it out....is it OK if I post this link in my very first post? I think it's a good idea to keep the links in one place.

.::..... hmm........ I've become addicted to making slippers ... fingerless mitts... and headband/ear warmers.

So I think I'm gonna join in here and see what I can get done for Christmas 2013 gifts.

I have a drawer I've been putting some of these things I've been making to have on hand for quick last minute/emergancy gifts... Looks like I will need to start a Christmas 2013 gift drawer now. :hook

Good to see you, Tam! A miscellaneous gift drawer is a wonderful idea!!

Well I said I wouldn't make anything, and now I found a site that shows 10 games to crochet, and there's 3 or 4 things I want to make!! Crocheting habits are hard to break!! There's a cute penguin bowling set that I know my Grandson would enjoy, and there's always those cute bassinet purses for the Grand daughters, there's always something.............

I've seen crocheted checkerboard sets...lots of things!

Oh and mittens!! I usually make a pair for each Grandchild (9 so far) but this year I'll make enough mittens for them and just the mothers pick a pair IF they want them; because I'm not so sure my dil wanted them. This way no one gets left out. Plus I always make some to give away...

Uh-oh....you're going to be busy!:eek

The two pairs of slippers I made in 2012 were well liked and my son wondered why he didn't get a pair. I told him there is always next year!

So first on my list will be trying to knit him some slippers.

Thaqt's funny, Cindy! I guess you'll have to make 3 slippers again:lol:lol:lol:lol

Well, I've been crocheting non-stop for the past couple of weeks. I am going to be a great aunt and she's due Feb 5th so I've been crocheting like crazy. I got the blanket, wash cloths, and hats, but dang if I can make booties. I just don't know what it is. I've tried several and non come out right at all. You wouldn't think they'd be so difficult.:( My niece has decided to use the cradle so I now have to do a smaller blanket for that, so encouragement is needed.

Since to hear from you Judianne;)

Good to hear from you again, Pat!

A great aunt - that's fun! And like Cindy's initial forray into making slippers I always end up making 3 booties in order to get two of the same size.

Small blankets are so fast!!! If you're not sure of the measurements for a small cradle maybe one of us can find it for you. They're probably pretty standard.

Last year, I did sooooo well giving everyone something handmade. This year, well I guess I thought Christmas would wait for me to be ready, and it most certainly did NOT! So, the goal this year is once again to make a gift for everyone. Many will be crocheted, some sewn, some jewelry & some will be homemade spa products. Guess this is me diving in head first!

Ben's family (my inlaws):

Gale: jewelry set, spa basket, crocheted slippers or sewn purse/wallet

Dewayne: sewn firewood carrier, hat & scarf

Dale: crocheted slippers, hat & scarf

Angie: jewelry set, spa basket, crocheted slippers or sewn purse/wallet

Blake: hat & scarf, iPad sleeve

Tasha: jewelry set, spa basket, iPad sleeve

Nathan: crocheted slippers, hat & scarf

Alyssa: jewelry set, spa basket, crocheted slippers

Ashley: jewelry set & spa basket

My family:

Mom: pot holders, sewn apron, spa basket

Gary: crocheted slippers, hat & scarf

I don't talk to most of the rest of my immediate family, so that list was short! LOL

Ok now the BIG list of nieces & nephews & our kids

Jayden: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts, crocheted slippers

Bentley: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts, crocheted slippers

Hayden: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts, crocheted slippers

Nieces & Nephews:

Bri: Nook sleeve, crocheted slippers, jewelry set

Brooklyn: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts

Braydon: crocheted stuffed animal (to be determined)

Tristan: crocheted stuffed animal (to be determined)

Kymberly: crocheted slippers, hat, scarf & fingerless mitts

Levi: hat, scarf & fingerless mitts

Ok I think that is all, at least that I can think of right now. LOL OMGosh I have got to get busy!

Hi all!

I thought I'd join this group this year. I didn't really make anything for people this Christmas (apart from a scarf for my Stepmom which I'm still working on as the first attempt met a cup of Tea with a grizzley ending :().

Here is what I am going to try and get done for next year:

Hat, scarf and mittens sets for my 2 girls, my 2 nephews and my cousin's son.

An afghan for my Mom and, hopefully, one for my Sister.

Approx. 10 ami's for various stockings of step-siblings, cousins etc.

A doily for my Nan.

Something yet undecided for my DH. This years Xmas present is still sat in a WIP bag. Its: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tree-of-life-afghan-crochet and the cables where driving me crazy so I took a break. I intend on picking up again as soon as I finish Stepmoms scarf.

As well as Xmas, one of sisters is expecting twins in April, my cousin's son has his first birthday and my littliest girlie has her first birthday as well.

Busy year for presents for me. :)

Welcome, Tiffany and Emma!!

Tiffany - that was a short list?:eek:eek

Emma, I think you need to make a spread sheet with all you have coming up! Maybe Tiffany should do one, too:lol:lol:lol:lol

Good idea Judy! :idea I'll do one on google docs then can share it so people can keep an eye on my progress. :lol

That is a really great idea! I think I will do that too. Thanks Judy & Emma!

Yeah, that is my short list for 2013. I think it's me trying to make up for this year being not so great in the gift department. A lot of family was looking forward to receiving something handmade and I had to go buy something at the last minute. Silly school gets in the way of my "extra" crochet time.

Good luck with the booties Pat!!!

Emma and Tiffany- You both are going to be very busy!!

Tiff- My daughters (all adult) look forward to something handmade from me every year and I think they would be disappointed as well if I didn't have something made!

This is great motivation for me....I have not been very productive with my crochet and I just told my husband that I was not going to buy any more yarn until I used up the 5 bins of yarn I have so it looks like my list will consist of dish cloths, scarf and hats , Christmas ornaments, afghans..etc....

This is great motivation for me....I have not been very productive with my crochet and I just told my husband that I was not going to buy any more yarn until I used up the 5 bins of yarn I have so it looks like my list will consist of dish cloths, scarf and hats , Christmas ornaments, afghans..etc....
Sounds like my stash:lol

I went to Michaels yesterday for some thread to make bookmarks...and picked up 2 sk of yarn that was on sale....and put it back. i wasn't sure if I needed thos colors, etc....so decided to work through what I have right now, as best as I can, before buying more.

2012 the only thing I made for a Christmas gift was a dish soap dress and it was liked very much.

I would like to do more for 2013 but not sure what yet, I did finish a sushi scarf a few days ago, not sure if it's going to be a Birthday present or put up for Christmas

¯`·´¯)...............。☆。*。☆。

`·.,(¯`·´¯)..........★。\|/。★

(¯`·´¯).·´(¯`·´¯)... Happy New Year

..` ·.·´(¯`·´¯).....★。/|\。★

......`·.,(¯`·´¯)........。☆。

Okay kids... here we go...................2013 Christmas gifts are going to get started on today!

I am meeting up with a couple ladies from the 'ville here... to do some shopping and have lunch... then I'm going to start a pair of mittens from a pattern I created in my head. So... I'll get it out of my head onto a hook and hopefully have a mitten pattern to use for gifts along with scarves...ear warmers... beanies... and slippers this year for Christmas.

Archived