15 projects in 15 days CAL

minwifeof4boys

Days 7, 8, and 9 kind of got off track for me. I've been a little under the weather this week and have been spending a lot of time in bed with my heating pad. I'm just having trouble finding the motivation to do anything other than lay here and read and watch TV. Hopefully things will be better by the end of the week. I've never said this before, but I am ready to go to the dr. next Friday.

I hope everyone else that is under the weather feels better very soon. It's not fun at all when you don't feel like yourself. :hug

Hope you and the rest who are under the weather get to feeling better very soon. :hug:hug:hug

Day 9: Whew, FrLopLady is right, there are so many not feeling well, prayers and hugs to you!:hug

Tam, glad you are home safe and sound... will love to see pictures when you are finished with the scarves...

.. Now, MaryJo inspired me to try something new... and I did... and I love it...and I am glad I ordered three more cause I can't bear to give it away...

Ready?:

I still need to do the booties and embellish the top and stick a snap on the back... I'll do 2 more outfits and the cradle and this little dolly will go to my grand daughter for her bday in Feb...

Go team 15:cheer:cheer:cheer

Those are soooo sweet! :clap:clap:clap

I think that I am now done adding reeds to my "Lake" quilt. Will decide for sure tomorrow and take an interim picture to show you.

Have a good night and a great day tomorrow. :manyheart

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted a picture... I SWEAR I posted a picture..but I have no clue where it is now and I don't find it in my posts... HELP!! :rofl

Ok here is the picture (i swear it is again..really I do) of some of the items I've finished so far this year. Lots of hats and some fingerless gloves. Not real thrilled with them, but they will work. If I did them again I might take out one repeat and see if that helps, or use a lighter weight yarn. I did a row of crab stitch at the top to make it snug up a little to my fingers.

post-35596-135897796074_thumb.jpg

I posted a picture... I SWEAR I posted a picture..but I have no clue where it is now and I don't find it in my posts... HELP!! :rofl

Ok here is the picture (i swear it is again..really I do) of some of the items I've finished so far this year. Lots of hats and some fingerless gloves. Not real thrilled with them, but they will work. If I did them again I might take out one repeat and see if that helps, or use a lighter weight yarn. I did a row of crab stitch at the top to make it snug up a little to my fingers.

I think they are pretty!!! :)

better picture of the fingerless gloves

They're all beautiful, Mary. :clap:clap:clap

This was my day 10.. a quickie gift for a friends birthday...

That's lovely, Lea. I especially like the bright, cheery colors. :clap:clap:clap

And here is a progress picture of the "Lake" quilt that I've been working on lately by adding more and more reeds to the foreground. It's ready to be put together with it's batting and backing and then I'll start the quilting.

post-9295-13589779647_thumb.jpg

This was my day 10.. a quickie gift for a friends birthday...

So cute!!! I really love how happy that is! :D

That's lovely, Lea. I especially like the bright, cheery colors. :clap:clap:clap

And here is a progress picture of the "Lake" quilt that I've been working on lately by adding more and more reeds to the foreground. It's ready to be put together with it's batting and backing and then I'll start the quilting.

Wow! Gorgeous! I MUST learn to quilt!!! :manyheart

That's lovely, Lea. I especially like the bright, cheery colors. :clap :clap :clap

AH-MAZING! Your quilt will be such a beautiful piece of art!

whoa, that is absolutely beautiful.... you are very very talented...

LOVE the quilt!!!

Mary- Great heats and fingerless gloves

I took a detour from crocheting and started knitting last night- (newbie knitter) I worked one round on my cowl before calling it a night

Tonight is work on the baby blanket night!

I was worried about this being a "set in stone" kinda thing, but I don't know of many that could do that :juggle. I'm just doing this as I can. I don't always get hooking time every day. Not nearly as much as I would like to have :lol and some days I can be a rebel :nahnah and still do whatever I feel like and not the project for that day

I could have written this post. I have not had time to craft every day, and if I don't feel like working on the project of the day, I work on something else.

Day 9: Whew, FrLopLady is right, there are so many not feeling well, prayers and hugs to you!:hug

Tam, glad you are home safe and sound... will love to see pictures when you are finished with the scarves...

.. Now, MaryJo inspired me to try something new... and I did... and I love it...and I am glad I ordered three more cause I can't bear to give it away...

Ready?:

I still need to do the booties and embellish the top and stick a snap on the back... I'll do 2 more outfits and the cradle and this little dolly will go to my grand daughter for her bday in Feb...

Go team 15:cheer:cheer:cheer

Adorable. Only grandsons here, but maybe someday.......

Mary, these look great. Some of the projects i have been disappointed in have been very admired. I think we can be our own worst critics at times. Some will remember my huge disappointment with my Bernat mystery afghan 2 years ago. I do use that afghan, and I still don't like it at all, but nearly everyone who visits us comments on how much they love that thing. I have other afghans out, so I have to assume that they mean it.

Oh WOW, that's all I can say.. This is just beautiful. The embroidery adds so much to this quilt.

We took a little mini vacation with our daughter, son in law and our four grandsons this week. Despite all the distractions, I did manage to finish a pair of baby booties for the pregnancy resource center, and two headbands, one for Dd and one for my sister in law.

I'm not sure if I made it up to a day 12 project on my list, but I found another WIP this week, a scarf, so I will be adding that.

I also did three squares for my various afghans this week, so I am making some progress.

Progress so far. Still need to add some projects to the list to make it to 15, but rather than start projects at random, I might just repeat some of the things already on the list. I can also cross off one of the projects, but I think I will replace that one with dishcloths, since I gave away all of the ones I made last year.

Still working on my list. Here is whats on it so far.

1: (WIP) this is at least 5 years old) 63 squares afghan (using squares from several different Leisure Arts 63 squares books by Darla Simms) have 31 squares finished

2: (WIP) HDC double strand afghan for oldest grandson needs about 10 more rows to be finished, however, all that HDC is boring!!)

3: (WIP) sideways baby sweater (Knit) just part of the last front to finish and then buttons, and sewing together

4: (WIP) Log Cabin afghan 2 squares finished, 6 more nearly finished

5: (WIP) friendship afghan, I have all the squares bordered and need to sew them together and then border the entire afghan.

6: headband for DD, I made myself one last week, and she liked it so much that she asked for one too. done, will probably put dishcloths in this spot for a while, since I could use some of those

7: (WIP) learn to Knit Afghan from the book of the same name by Barbara Walker

8: Cross stitch projects (have a fall sampler and a front porch scene nearly finished)

9: Quilt day (plan to make something out of all the finished quilt squares that I have in my sewing room

10: Projects for pregnancy resource center pair of booties finished

11: knit slippers for Christmas gifts for 2013

12: Woven stitch scarf (WIP)

Mary, these look great. Some of the projects i have been disappointed in have been very admired. I think we can be our own worst critics at times. Some will remember my huge disappointment with my Bernat mystery afghan 2 years ago. I do use that afghan, and I still don't like it at all, but nearly everyone who visits us comments on how much they love that thing. I have other afghans out, so I have to assume that they mean it.

That has happened to me. I have gifted mine to one of those who admired it and it was a great gift even though I hated it. :lol I am definitely my own worst critic.

Archived