15 projects in 15 days CAL

minwifeof4boys

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the idea of a CAL as an incentive to FINISHING some projects! I think I'm just going to list a few things here, rather than 15, though I may edit it later.

I started a New Year's project on December 31st and that is an afghan for my 11 year old daughter, Jessica. I actually am "killing two birds with one stone" as this afghan will serve two purposes. The first obviously being that my 2nd child will have her own "momma made this" afghan like her older sister does. But the second purpose is to fulfill my desire to try a ripple afghan. I've NEVER done one though I've been thinking of them over the past few months.

A second project I started last month was an afghan for my bed...I crocheted a 12" square in a beautiful pattern called "Crown Jewels" which I found over on Ravelry. It turned out beautifully. I don't have enough of the gray yarn to make the entire afghan in it, but I'll make some white squares, too.

I'll post pictures on my blog tonight of the two new projects. I think my other 13 projects will be those projects on my right sidebar on my blog. :)

For day one, I made a square for my 63 squares afghan. It would have been two squares, but the first pattern I tried was just too involved to work at my grandsons birthday party. I chose a simpler one and finished it easily. This is the first time I have worked on this afghan in about a year.

Okay... here is my list...

I wont be working in order until next week... as we are still out of town on Christmas vacation so I don't have all the items with me.

I am working on item #1 - the mittens today though. :hook

15 WIP’s

1. mittens

2. knit scarf

3. boy baby blanket for friend

4. boy baby blanket for cousin

5. slippers

6. crochet dishcloth set

7. knitted dishcloth set

8. crochet scarf

9. ripple’ghan

10. beanie

11. fingerless mitts

12. headband/ear warmer

13. ?

14. ?

15. ?

:heart

:mug

I love the idea of a CAL as an incentive to FINISHING some projects! I think I'm just going to list a few things here, rather than 15, though I may edit it later.

I started a New Year's project on December 31st and that is an afghan for my 11 year old daughter, Jessica. I actually am "killing two birds with one stone" as this afghan will serve two purposes. The first obviously being that my 2nd child will have her own "momma made this" afghan like her older sister does. But the second purpose is to fulfill my desire to try a ripple afghan. I've NEVER done one though I've been thinking of them over the past few months.

A second project I started last month was an afghan for my bed...I crocheted a 12" square in a beautiful pattern called "Crown Jewels" which I found over on Ravelry. It turned out beautifully. I don't have enough of the gray yarn to make the entire afghan in it, but I'll make some white squares, too.

I'll post pictures on my blog tonight of the two new projects. I think my other 13 projects will be those projects on my right sidebar on my blog. :)

I think you will love the ripple, and please keep us updated!!!:hug

For day one, I made a square for my 63 squares afghan. It would have been two squares, but the first pattern I tried was just too involved to work at my grandsons birthday party. I chose a simpler one and finished it easily. This is the first time I have worked on this afghan in about a year.

I started mine ahem... maybe 7 years ago...:think I should probably work on the 63 squares again during these 15 days!

Okay... here is my list...

I wont be working in order until next week... as we are still out of town on Christmas vacation so I don't have all the items with me.

I am working on item #1 - the mittens today though. :hook

15 WIP’s

1. mittens

2. knit scarf

3. boy baby blanket for friend

4. boy baby blanket for cousin

5. slippers

6. crochet dishcloth set

7. knitted dishcloth set

8. crochet scarf

9. ripple’ghan

10. beanie

11. fingerless mitts

12. headband/ear warmer

13. ?

14. ?

15. ?

Fabulous list.. and of course we want pics :D Please and thank you!

OH YA I got my first day project done even got all the tails tucked in and cut. So happy with the scarf. On a sad note Nebraska loss there football game.Oh well there is always next year.

Hope everyone has a Good night.

Pauly

Yes, there is always next year.. my teams didn't do so well in their bowls either :(

Congrats on day 1:clap

So I was catching up on the Downton Abbey episodes and made these pretty purple fingerless mitts...

I love them! On to Day 2... Go Team 15!!!:cheer

:woo

GREAT JOB!!!!

Still workin' on my mittens. Almost done with the first one. trying to jot down the pattern as I go too.

I got a little out of order on my project for today. We had company today for lunch so half my day got spent cleaning/cooking - the second half napping. LOL! I finally got to crochet this evening for a couple hours and got about 3/4 of the way through a 12" square. It's going to be hard to not pick it up tomorrow and finish it - but maybe not since tomorrow is the day for me to work on my project with a deadline.

I love the fingerless mitts! Very pretty. Thanks for sharing the pic with us!

Sorry to hear about the teams that lost. South Carolina had a good day - Clemson and USC both won their bowl games. YAY!! It's been a good football day for us.

May Day 2 be FANTASTIC!!

Finished my day 1 project about an hour ago. It was a WIP - a large potholder in fall colors. I was going to sew a leaf onto it, but decided to make a leaf dishcloth to go with it instead. I am about half done with the dishcloth. I will post pictures in the morning. Right now I am exhausted. Good night everyone. Looking forward to Day 2!!! :cheer

_____/)___/)______./¯"""/')

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\)¯¯\)¯¯¯'\_„„„„\)

¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´…..Good Morning…..

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

I finished one mitten last night. I'll be working on the other today along with putting some time in on the scarf I have as #2 on my list.

How is everyone else doing? Getting in time on your projects?

So sorry you're bummed. :hug:hug I didn't do the project that I have listed for Day 1 - Snowflakes. Another project came up - which may replace the snowflake. LOL Maybe you'll be able to get in some more crochet time on Day 2. That always makes me feel better - and more relaxed. Out of curiosity, what is your project for day 2?

i did not get any time in on my day 1 project..now I'm bummed

Oh no.............dont be bummed!!!! :hug

This is all fun! Start today.

Shoot... I'm not even following my list right now! :hook

OH YA I got my first day project done even got all the tails tucked in and cut. So happy with the scarf. On a sad note Nebraska loss there football game.Oh well there is always next year.

Hope everyone has a Good night.

Pauly

Congratulations on the scarf, Pauly! :clap:clap:clap

So I was catching up on the Downton Abbey episodes and made these pretty purple fingerless mitts...

I love them! On to Day 2... Go Team 15!!!:cheer

Beautiful! :clap:clap:clap Hey

Hey, life happens. :hug Don't give up, it's just one of those things. :hug Too bad it had to happen on Day 1.

Looks like Team 15 is off to a great start! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Here is my completed day 1 project (large fall colored potholder) and the leaf dishcloth I started to go with it!

[ATTACH]61436[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61438[/ATTACH]

On to day 2!!!

Beautiful!! What yarn is that??:cheer

Day 2... Now don't be the littlest bit discouraged if you didn't do day 1... or if you didn't do what you listed.... or goodness if you only got a row or two in.... this is just a fun way to start up, finish up, and share .....I'm going to start on slippers today... Here it is 2:30 almost and I haven't hooked a bit... let me go remedy that :D

Go Team 15 :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Here is my completed day 1 project (large fall colored potholder) and the leaf dishcloth I started to go with it!

[ATTACH]61436[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61438[/ATTACH]

On to day 2!!!

Beautiful! :clap:clap:clap

Archived