15 projects in 15 days CAL

minwifeof4boys

Day 12, notice I didn't post a Day 11... cause I didn't do squat... some Fridays when I work I am exhausted... anyhow, everyone seems to have liked their gifts.... I so agree with us being our own worse critiques..

good idea about starting over with the list if you can't fine any new things to start...

Have a great day folks!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good idea about starting over with the list if you can't fine any new things to start...

Have a great day folks!

Well....unfortunately finding new things to start has never been a problem for me. It's finishing that I'm bad at. I have a WIM list about a mile long, and I have spent the past hour looking for new patterns to try.

I'm joining in. I can't wait to get started.

Here is my list so far: (I may on days that I don't have nothing posted, pick up one of the afghans.)

1. Afghan for Friend (I need this in the next couple of weeks, I was planning it for a Christmas gift. Now it will be her birthday gift.)

2. Afghan for daughter (her birthday gift)

3. Mile-A-Minute Scarf

4. Snowflakes

5. Dishclothes

6. Slippers (jump starting my holiday gift giving for 2013)

7. Headbands (for friends of my daughter)

8. Kitty Purse (birthday gift for a little neighbor girl)

9. Blush Rose Afghan

10. Snowflake Afghan

11. Symbols of Life (This is going to be another 2013 Christmas gift)

12. Hair clips

13. Repeat #1 here

14. Knooking a Dishcloth (My first Knook project I'm about 1/4 of the way completed)

15. Repeat #2 here

There is my list for now. I really need to get the first 2 afghans done. That is why they are repeated.

Have a great evening!!

I got two squares finished for the January square queen. Between the basketball games, grocery shopping, and cooking that's all I was able to get finished today. I'll get them in the mail tomorrow. :) These squares helped with three 'Ville CAL's. LOL! Stashbusting, Team15, and the Friendship 'Ghan. It's fun when that happens.

Edit: Maybe I'll get them in the mail on Monday since the mail doesn't run on Sunday. I must have been sleeping when I wrote this.

:sun............ good morning kids............

I'm so sorry I have been so MIA on this thread!!!

I absolutely LOVE what everyone has been getting done! My goodness... beautiful stuff!!!!!

I completely fell off my list of late.

Had to stop so I could get some gifts done for a belated Family Christmas at my moms yesterday.

:whew... its over... and I'm gonna get back on track here! :hook

Here's what had me busy..........

Sashay Ruffle scarves.....................

post-18634-135897796605_thumb.jpg

I absolutely LOVE what everyone has been getting done! My goodness... beautiful stuff!!!!!

Had to stop so I could get some gifts done for a belated Family Christmas at my moms yesterday.

[ATTACH]61784[/ATTACH]

Beautiful scarves, Tammy! :clap:clap:clap

[ATTACH]61784[/ATTACH]

I just love those scarfs!!! Beautiful work.

I'm joining in. I can't wait to get started.

Here is my list so far: (I may on days that I don't have nothing posted, pick up one of the afghans.)

1. Afghan for Friend (I need this in the next couple of weeks, I was planning it for a Christmas gift. Now it will be her birthday gift.)

2. Afghan for daughter (her birthday gift)

3. Mile-A-Minute Scarf

4. Snowflakes

5. Dishclothes

7. Headbands (for friends of my daughter)

9. Blush Rose Afghan

10. Snowflake Afghan

12. Hair clips

13. Repeat #1 here

14. Knooking a Dishcloth (My first Knook project I'm about 1/4 of the way completed)

15. Repeat #2 here

There is my list for now. I really need to get the first 2 afghans done. That is why they are repeated.

Have a great evening!!

Now that is a fabulous list!! I can't wait to see pictures and updates... good job:cheer:cheer

1. WIP - hdc lapghan

2. WIP - Christmas tree skirt :blush

3. brown bag

4. shamrock afghan http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-shamrock-afghan

5. heart granny lapghan (6 heart, 6 solid)

6. one skein bunny http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/one-skein-bunny

7. elderly wrap http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wheelchair-wrap

8. dc baby hat

9. bunny egg http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easter-decorations---chick-egg-bunny

10. bunny basket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-bunny-basket

11. chick egg http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easter-decorations---chick-egg-bunny

12. January Square Queen

13. WIP - pig

14. heart pins http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/suzettas-heart-pin-2

15. egg http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easter-decorations---chick-egg-bunny

:eek I don't have enough WIP bags for all these projects!!

WOW!!! What a few weeks.....busy with work so I didn't complete most of the things on my list but did manage to get a few started and a few rows on additional few. The bunny is just not working out for me....dec sc evenly for the rows 25-39 ending in 42sc....lordy way too much math to be relaxing for me. ;) I have not started the bunny basket, which is one thing I really want to get done....busy, busy, busy!!!!

Well, here is what I actually started and or finished for the first 15 days of Jan...

1. fingerless gloves

2. tried slippers ( will try again with different yarn)

3. Headband

4. BICO ( this was a huge hit!)

5. Hedgehog applique

6. owl ( not finished)

7.flannelghan ( WIP)

8. Heart ( will make more)

9. Baby doll outfit ( more ont eh way)

10. cupcake

11. Americana blanket ( WIP)

12 wounded warrior ghan ( ongoing)

13. Doily ( WIP)

So, these are the projects I will work on the rest of the month ( the unfinished ones) and then roll over with add ons for 15 more starting Feb 1st....

Yesterday my MIL gave me my Christmas present ( she had the flu over Christmas) 100.00 to Michaels, which I went directly there since we were int he big city :D and did a yarn haul... housework just might not get done today..... :hook

How did everyone else do ?

Go Team 15 :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

My list update and how I did..not so well :lol

1. Cats Cradle Lace Topper http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cats-cradle-lace-topper Yarn Bee Princess yarn in Brocade didn't get started

2. Country Ripple afghan, WIP but not very far lol. Using this dishcloth pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/country-ripple-dishcloth and Sensations Rainbow twist progress made!

3. I also have fountain hills dashing lights yarn in black and going to make the elise shawl with it I did get this started!

4. I have some blue heron rayon metallic..and I cannot decide what pattern to use! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flying-fans-shawl Have a winner...now to see how it works up! Nope didn't get to this one either. The yarn is in cakes..does that count? lol

5. Homespun..will find in stash.. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/perfect-pocketed-shawl

Didn't get to this one either

6. HAT DAY!! any hat, all hats... hats, hats, hats! I'll have to find pictures!

7. Scarf day! any scarf, all scarfs (sic lol)...scarfs scarfs scarfs..(ok scarves) started one..don't like it and will probably frog it

8. Fingerless gloves day, or mittens or or or Got a pair done! picture in threads somewhere

9. Log cabin afghan..get'r finished! What log cabin afghan :think Yeah have to find where it got put. I had a house cleaning party when I wasn't home :lol Still haven't found everything, but my friends and hubby are the greatest!

10. Other misc afghans that are hanging around. I know of one granny square one. Good day to add to my scrap ghans with all the little balls rolling around (good for the stash busting cal too) Haven't found it yet either

11. Designer showcase sampler on Melinda Millers Ravelry group yeah not this either

12. Catch up day on what I might have missed.

Wow..didn't think it might be so hard to come up with 15 projects lol. Have to go stash diving

Here's my progress. I haven't made it to 15 projects yet, as I decided to keep a few open spots for other WIPs and WIMs as I find UFOs or get the urge to begin something new.

1: (WIP) this is at least 5 years old) 63 squares afghan (using squares from several different Leisure Arts 63 squares books by Darla Simms) one more sqaure added to the pile

2: (WIP) HDC double strand afghan for oldest grandson almost done, about a foot to go still

3: (WIP) sideways baby sweater (Knit) just part of one front panel and finishing touches to do

4: (WIP) Log Cabin afghan three squares completed and several partly finished

5: (WIP) friendship afghan, I have all the squares bordered and need to sew them together and then border the entire afghan. no progress

6: headband for DD, I made myself one last week, and she liked it so much that she asked for one too. two finished, one for DD and one for SIL

7: (WIP) learn to Knit Afghan from the book of the same name by Barbara Walker no progress

8: Cross stitch projects (have a fall sampler and a front porch scene nearly finished) no progress

9: Quilt day (plan to make something out of all the finished quilt squares that I have in my sewing room no progress

10: Projects for pregnancy resource center pair of baby booties finished, have a blanket started

11: knit slippers for Christmas gifts for 2013 no progress

12: Woven stitch scarf (WIP) about 1/3 finished

Here's my progress. I haven't made it to 15 projects yet, as I decided to keep a few open spots for other WIPs and WIMs as I find UFOs or get the urge to begin something new.

1: (WIP) this is at least 5 years old) 63 squares afghan (using squares from several different Leisure Arts 63 squares books by Darla Simms) one more sqaure added to the pile

2: (WIP) HDC double strand afghan for oldest grandson almost done, about a foot to go still

3: (WIP) sideways baby sweater (Knit) just part of one front panel and finishing touches to do

4: (WIP) Log Cabin afghan three squares completed and several partly finished

5: (WIP) friendship afghan, I have all the squares bordered and need to sew them together and then border the entire afghan. no progress

6: headband for DD, I made myself one last week, and she liked it so much that she asked for one too. two finished, one for DD and one for SIL

7: (WIP) learn to Knit Afghan from the book of the same name by Barbara Walker no progress

8: Cross stitch projects (have a fall sampler and a front porch scene nearly finished) no progress

9: Quilt day (plan to make something out of all the finished quilt squares that I have in my sewing room no progress

10: Projects for pregnancy resource center pair of baby booties finished, have a blanket started

11: knit slippers for Christmas gifts for 2013 no progress

12: Woven stitch scarf (WIP) about 1/3 finished

You really did accomplish alot!! Good job!:cheer

Here is an update. Since I only started a few days ago. If you notice I have hopped around on my list. Don't know why I did that, apparently dealing with a sinus headache and life. I just had to have something quick. :lol

1. Afghan for Friend (I need this in the next couple of weeks, I was planning it for a Christmas gift. Now it will be her birthday gift.) I only needed to make one block that is complete & started sewing blocks together. Five blocks sewn so far.

2. Afghan for daughter (her birthday gift) I liked 3 blocks, they are now completed. Ready to start sewing together.

3. Mile-A-Minute Scarf

4. Snowflakes

5. Dishclothes I have 3 made so far.

7. Headbands (for friends of my daughter)I just had to try the pattern and LOVE it.

9. Blush Rose Afghan

10. Snowflake Afghan

12. Hair clips

13. Repeat #1 here

15. Repeat #2 here

So far so good.

Here is an update. Since I only started a few days ago. If you notice I have hopped around on my list. Don't know why I did that, apparently dealing with a sinus headache and life. I just had to have something quick. :lol

1. Afghan for Friend (I need this in the next couple of weeks, I was planning it for a Christmas gift. Now it will be her birthday gift.) I only needed to make one block that is complete & started sewing blocks together. Five blocks sewn so far.

2. Afghan for daughter (her birthday gift) I liked 3 blocks, they are now completed. Ready to start sewing together.

3. Mile-A-Minute Scarf

4. Snowflakes

5. Dishclothes I have 3 made so far.

7. Headbands (for friends of my daughter)I just had to try the pattern and LOVE it.

9. Blush Rose Afghan

10. Snowflake Afghan

12. Hair clips

13. Repeat #1 here

15. Repeat #2 here

So far so good.

I have been dealing with this sinus thing for 2 months now... grrr.. it makes my head so foggy its hard to concentrate on a difficult pattern.... I love your list!:hug

.:: Morning All.........................

just poppin' in to say HI

Its been a rough week... so I havent been on here

Hubby is still getting over shingles... and the flu

David and Michael are dealing with sinus colds

Patrick is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury

My beautiful Aunt who taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7 .... passed away Tuesday night

and some dear friends of ours ... two of their older boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive but beat up pretty bad.

So my head hasnt been real clear lately.

But.... we'll all get through it!!

When I get back from my Aunts funeral this weekend... I think I'm going to rework my list! :hook

have a great day everyone!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody planning to pick their list up again in February?  I'm going to have to do my list during the last half of Feb. as I have 2 separate projects that are due by about the 20th.  They will keep me quite busy.

I also need to revamp my list a little bit before I dive back into it.

Christel, I'm planning to keep going with my list, a lot of the things on it are WIPs that I'd like to finish this year. If I could just keep myself from starting new things........

Starting new things is the challenge, isn't it?  Sometimes I just can't help it though.  LOL

Archived