15 projects in 15 days CAL

minwifeof4boys

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to join in here. I need to finish up some WIP plus I want to get started on some CHRISTmas presents for 2013. Sometimes if I try to set long term goals I lose interst and get bored and don't follow thru with them. But doing it 15 days at a time should be pretty easy for me to follow. I know I will have plenty of time to stay on track the first 6 days becauce I don't back to work until the 7th. after that I will probably need lots of encouragement to keep on track.

Here is my list for the first 15 days

1-:clapfinish up Kym's scarf

2-make polar bear slippers (I promised to make for a friend) plus crochet around so polar bear fleece.

3-:cheer make Kym a hat to match her scarf (pattern yet to be decided on)

4- finish up a shawl for my sister and mail it.

5- finish up the AG doll outfit(wip)

6-finish up pink round ripple afghan (wip I found in the closet)

7- make dishclothes (2013 CHRISTmas presents for co-worker)

8-start a round ripple for CHRISTmas 2013

9-make Miss Anyia a hat (already have the pattern and yarn)

10-work on the rr for CHRISTmas

11-make mittens to match Miss Anyia

12-make doll's clothes (need to decide on what kind )

13- work on the rr for CHRISTmas

14-make Ashtyn hat (need to get yarn for it)

15- make Ashtyn mittens to match hat

Happy New Years everybody and Happy Hoooking

Pauly

I think that I will just be cheering you all on on this CAL. I can easily come up with 15 projects, but the rotating to a different project each day would get me in trouble. When I get into a project I just keep going on it until I run out of energy or interest in it; or finish it. Then I move on to the next. So I'll keep checking to cheer you all on. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer Your lists look marvelous! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm going to join in here. I need to finish up some WIP plus I want to get started on some CHRISTmas presents for 2013. Sometimes if I try to set long term goals I lose interst and get bored and don't follow thru with them. But doing it 15 days at a time should be pretty easy for me to follow. I know I will have plenty of time to stay on track the first 6 days becauce I don't back to work until the 7th. after that I will probably need lots of encouragement to keep on track.

Here is my list for the first 15 days

1-finish up Kym's scarf

2-make polar bear slippers (I promised to make for a friend) plus crochet around so polar bear fleece.

3- make Kym a hat to match her scarf (pattern yet to be decided on)

4- finish up a shawl for my sister and mail it.

5- finish up the AG doll outfit(wip)

6-finish up pink round ripple afghan (wip I found in the closet)

7- make dishclothes (2013 CHRISTmas presents for co-worker)

8-start a round ripple for CHRISTmas 2013

9-make Miss Anyia a hat (already have the pattern and yarn)

10-work on the rr for CHRISTmas

11-make mittens to match Miss Anyia

12-make doll's clothes (need to decide on what kind )

13- work on the rr for CHRISTmas

14-make Ashtyn hat (need to get yarn for it)

15- make Ashtyn mittens to match hat

Happy New Years everybody and Happy Hoooking

Pauly

Your list looks great!!!! :clap

I think that I will just be cheering you all on on this CAL. I can easily come up with 15 projects, but the rotating to a different project each day would get me in trouble. When I get into a project I just keep going on it until I run out of energy or interest in it; or finish it. Then I move on to the next. So I'll keep checking to cheer you all on. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer Your lists look marvelous! :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Every great team needs cheerleaders.... Go team 15:cheer

That's one thing that concerns me too, Linda! Usually (note the word USUALLY), when I start a project, I keep on going until it's done. It may be hard for me to switch to a different project each day. :eek We'll see how it goes.

Yesterday I started a cowl for me and I want to finish it today!

I think that I will just be cheering you all on on this CAL. I can easily come up with 15 projects, but the rotating to a different project each day would get me in trouble. When I get into a project I just keep going on it until I run out of energy or interest in it; or finish it. Then I move on to the next. So I'll keep checking to cheer you all on. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer Your lists look marvelous! :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

This is concerning me too.

I mean I do have several things started at once... but I do finish stuff alot too when I start it.

:thinkhmmm.... maybe my list will simply be the WIP's that I havent finished. I could give an hour a day to the item of the day and work on my other things the rest of the day. That way at least my WIP's will be getting some attention.

:heart

:mug

I think that I will just be cheering you all on on this CAL. I can easily come up with 15 projects, but the rotating to a different project each day would get me in trouble. When I get into a project I just keep going on it until I run out of energy or interest in it; or finish it. Then I move on to the next. So I'll keep checking to cheer you all on. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer Your lists look marvelous! :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

Linda, I've come to that realization, too....but I'll still be working off my list....it's a wonderful starting point for me!

I have no problems with switching off projects unless it is one that I am being paid to do. My plan is to work on paid items most of the day and give some time over to my 15 as well. If I don't have anything on order I can just work on my 15. School and work both start back up on the 7th so after that time will be more limited, but I think I will enjoy the variety even if it takes 6 months to finish a project!!!

I mean I do have several things started at once... but I do finish stuff alot too when I start it.

:thinkhmmm.... maybe my list will simply be the WIP's that I havent finished. I could give an hour a day to the item of the day and work on my other things the rest of the day. That way at least my WIP's will be getting some attention.

I'll probably do this as well Tam. I've gotten better at completing things. However, I do have a stash of wips that I grew when I was working 15-16 hours a day for months. I'll start with them and take it from there.

It's official! Today is the start day! Go! :cheer :cheer

I do have a list of projects for 2013 and thought I would share it with you even though I won't be working on them on a daily rotating basis. :D

1 ~ Finish "Lake" quilt
2 ~ Finish "Kyoto" variation quilt
3 ~ Work on & hopefully finish a double Irish chain quilt for me in greens, purples, and gold
4 ~ Oriental cape for me
5 ~ Finish blue crochet prayer shawl (every row gets larger by 8 stitches so it takes longer and longer and longer to do a row)
6 ~ Repair heirloom crochet tablecloth for a friend (joinings have come loose and in places the thread of the panels has broken and come undone)
7 ~ Repair crocheted afghan for another friend which has multiple burn holes in it
8 ~ Repair crocheted afghan that my DS took scissors to "to see what would happen" (he was 9 at the time) Unfortunately it was one of the last ones that my grandmother ever made. It's taken this long to figure out how to repair it. When finished it will go back to DS. He will undoubtedly appreciate it more now than he did at 9. :blush
9 ~ Finish "deer" quilt for a couple I worked for for 8 years.
10 ~ Finish Project Linus quilt (rainbow colored)
11 ~ Celtic Knot filet crochet prayer shawl in yellow & orange thread, and fuzzy beige yarn
12 ~ Make quilt for family that are taking care of my puppy while I'm on vacation
13 ~ Make quilt in blues and greens for friend now in the hospital.  (Added 1/27)

14 ~ Make scarf for DD ~ belated Christmas gift (frogged and have to restart  ~Added 1/27)

15 ~

I know there are more but I'm at my DD's house so can't go look. :devil Anyway this will do as a start.

Ok today is day 1 as I watching Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl GO BIG RED. I will be finish up Kym's scarf that I started 3 months ago. As the other here as stated I know I will probably wander from my list but I need a started point and have a lot of WIP that would only take a couple of hours to finish up.

Hope everybody has a GREAT first day of 2013.

Pauly

Many of the projects in my list can be finished in a day (e.g. snowflakes, wash cloths, hat). There are a few that are larger and will not be finished in a day. My afghan for Vivian, my DMIL, has a deadline of March 18th (her birthday) so it will get worked on every day until it's finished, but I know that I have some days that are purely devoted to that project. I see it as giving myself permission to work on other things for short periods of time in order to give myself a break from the same project all the time. I tend to get bored and then set things aside. I'm excited about this CAL for that very reason. Maybe I won't get bored of the large projects since I've got small ones sprinkled in.

1. Cats Cradle Lace Topper http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cats-cradle-lace-topper Yarn Bee Princess yarn in Brocade

2. Country Ripple afghan, WIP but not very far lol. Using this dishcloth pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/country-ripple-dishcloth and Sensations Rainbow twist

3. I have some blue heron rayon metallic..and I cannot decide what pattern to use! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flying-fans-shawl is a contender or http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/djc-triangular-shawl-and-variations..or the hazel shawl or..or..http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pineapple-shawl or... :lol:lol

4. I also have fountain hills dashing lights yarn in black..I could see that in one of the above shawls too :think:think

5. Homespun..will find in stash.. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/perfect-pocketed-shawl

6. HAT DAY!! any hat, all hats... hats, hats, hats!

7. Scarf day! any scarf, all scarfs (sic lol)...scarfs scarfs scarfs..(ok scarves) here is one I want to try http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-easy-peace-sign-skinny-scarf

8. Fingerless gloves day, or mittens or or or

9. Log cabin afghan..get'r finished!

10. Other misc afghans that are hanging around. I know of one granny square one. Good day to add to my scrap ghans with all the little balls rolling around (good for the stash busting cal too)

11. Designer showcase sampler on Melinda Millers Ravelry group

12. Catch up day on what I might have missed.

Wow..didn't think it might be so hard to come up with 15 projects lol. Have to go stash diving

added 6-10

It's official! Today is the start day! Go! :cheer:cheer

I do have a list of projects for 2013 and thought I would share it with you even though I won't be working on them on a daily rotating basis. :D

1 ~ Finish "Lake" quilt

2 ~ Finish "Kyoto" variation quilt

3 ~ Work on & hopefully finish a double Irish chain quilt for me in greens, purples, and gold

4 ~ Oriental cape for me

5 ~ Finish blue crochet prayer shawl (every row gets larger by 8 stitches so it takes longer and longer and longer to do a row)

6 ~ Repair heirloom crochet tablecloth for a friend (joinings have come loose and in places the thread of the panels has broken and come undone)

7 ~ Repair crocheted afghan for another friend which has multiple burn holes in it

8 ~ Repair crocheted afghan that my DS took scissors to "to see what would happen" (he was 9 at the time) Unfortunately it was one of the last ones that my grandmother ever made. It's taken this long to figure out how to repair it. When finished it will go back to DS. He will undoubtedly appreciate it more now than he did at 9. :blush

9 ~ Finish "deer" quilt for a couple I worked for for 8 years.

10 ~ Finish Project Linus quilt (rainbow colored)

11 ~ Celtic Knot filet crochet prayer shawl in yellow & orange thread, and fuzzy beige yarn

I know there are more but I'm at my DD's house so can't go look. :devil Anyway this will do as a start.

That is a wonderful list! I really hope you will keep sharing with us here at Team 15

Splendid! I hope you will share pics of the other stuff too!!:hug

Ok today is day 1 as I watching Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl GO BIG RED. I will be finish up Kym's scarf that I started 3 months ago. As the other here as stated I know I will probably wander from my list but I need a started point and have a lot of WIP that would only take a couple of hours to finish up.

Hope everybody has a GREAT first day of 2013.

Pauly

Can't wait for an update...

Day 1: Today ( I am so out of order on my starts) I am working on a pair of purple fingerless gloves.. for... ahem... ME!!

I probably will finish these up today... but what I THINK I might try for this month is if I finish one of my original at the start of the month, I will just rotate say 14 or 13 or however many are left in the original 15 for the second half of the month... I'll see how it goes...

I know the snowflakes I hope to do will be one dayer but the flannel ghan will be... who knows:eek

If I finish the gloves today I will take a picture ...

Happy New year...and Happy Hooking!:hook:manyheart

Happy New Year- I was working on my cowl- didn't start the list yet- then had to attend a surprise party which was lots of fun. Now I'm settled in back at home and hoping to finish working on my cowl!

Tomorrow night after work I'll start on one of my WIP's from the list!

Archived