Snowflakes for Sandy Hook - Deadline Past, Thanks!

Black on White

:pinterest:facebook Hello everybody! I came across this website and found they were making snowflakes for the children at Sandy Hook School. They want to make a "winter wonderland" for the children to return to in order to help them cope with the trauma.

:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake:flake

This link takes you to the website that gives the address and snowflake ideas:

http://www.momendeavors.com/2012/12/snowflakes-for-sandy-hook.html

This link takes you directly to the PTA of CT website where the idea comes from:

http://www.ctpta.org/About-CT-PTA/SANDY-HOOK-FUND.html

The website says to "get creative" with snowflakes, so I think it means they can be any craft material, i.e. crocheted, paper, foam, etc.

I made some and you can mail about three (paper when folded or crocheted) in a regular envelope. Every little bit helps! Plus if you have younger kids or grandchildren, it is a fun little craft to do even if they don't realize what happened at Sandy Hook.

They are collecting them until January 12, 2013. That's when the children are going back to school. :wangel

(I am not in charge of this in case I didn't make that clear. The snowflakes are being sent to the PTA of CT [address in either link] thanks!)

Hi... Just went to one of the links to get the mailing address & it states they are no longer accepting them. I think they had such a wonderful turnout that they cannot use anymore. :cheer

Oh I wish I got to see it. I hope that in some way those snowflakes comfort them & let them know that people from all over the world are wishing them well. God bless them all...

On the news last night, they showed the school the kids went to, and you could see a bunch of snowflakes in the windows.:hook

On last nights news they had a segment showing boxes upon boxes of snowflakes that still have to be opened! They are literally stored everywhere! I was in tears watching them. It is such a heart warming feeling to know how much love is coming in to these children and families from around the world. Some children have even sent money from their piggy banks. They have hand written notes as well as their snowflakes. They didn't show any hanging in the school. The piece was mostly on the huge amount of them being delivered daily.

On the news last night, they showed the school the kids went to, and you could see a bunch of snowflakes in the windows.:hook

On last nights news they had a segment showing boxes upon boxes of snowflakes that still have to be opened! They are literally stored everywhere! I was in tears watching them. It is such a heart warming feeling to know how much love is coming in to these children and families from around the world. Some children have even sent money from their piggy banks. They have hand written notes as well as their snowflakes. They didn't show any hanging in the school. The piece was mostly on the huge amount of them being delivered daily.

That is wonderful! Just one of the reason why I love people, they can be so generous!

I saw a piece on this on CBS Sunday Morning last week.

The response was overwhelming. Just beautiful.

Some children sent in things like Football Cards and money from their piggy banks in addition to snowflakes and cards and drawings.

When we see this kind of Evil in the world the response of others always shows us that there is just so much more good in the world.

Archived