2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

How exciting!!  Will baby girl be making her appearance soon??

Well, I had hoped so - but it doesn't look like it'll be tonight.. I was told if I had more than 6 contractions in an hour to head to L&D to get checked out - I get to 4 and they stop completely. She was totally pulling my leg.  :lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I had hoped so - but it doesn't look like it'll be tonight.. I was told if I had more than 6 contractions in an hour to head to L&D to get checked out - I get to 4 and they stop completely. She was totally pulling my leg.  :lol

:lol you were having contractions in your LEG? 

...sorry, I couldn't resist...

:hug

finished a cotton skein tonight +2.  Working on a double strand round ripple.  Hope to get at least one skein done on that this week.  Using 4 skeins so it doesn't get used up quite as fast

I know the feeling, I've been digging into the stash working on ami's and "using" older yarn, but not "finishing" up much of it because the projects are smaller.  However, I'm going to be able to finish the ami swap projects from my stash so that feels good.  I dug into my stash to find some lighter weight yarns for the clothes, so I am exploring the piles.  That's been one of the huge beni's of joining this CAL is that it is focusing me on what's in there that I can use up before looking for other options.

I've got a question - I was organizing my stash on Sunday and I thought I finally have to do something with all those tiny balls of yarn that I have. They're like really tiny, some of them are only few grams, so I was wondering how to count points for them. Any suggestions?

Used a ball of black. I'm on my 4th skein of black and realizing I will probably have to buy more. Not going to buy until I run out. I had 6 total. I'm now down to 22 half circles and 4 quarter circles left in my galaxy afghan. Then I will start weaving all the ends in, then assemble the circles together and finally do the stripe panels.

+2 Got rid of a cotton skein in my favorite way yet.  I gifted it to a friend I'm teaching to crochet.

The weather is bad, so I don't think I'll be out shopping so I don't believe I'll have to worry about shooting the moon again.  Maybe I can finally start working down my score. :lol  :lol

:2eek Just realised something - I'm about to run out of the last of this blue yarn on a friendship-ghan square, and all I was thinking was "Aw man, I don't want to run out, then I'll have to use a bit of the other skein and I want to save that for my car blanket!" I completely forgot that that means...

I get to add +1 for the week!!!   :woo

I've been working on the 2-strand ripple afghan I'm making for my niece's high school graduation gift.  All I have left is the edging along the sides!  WOOT!  I'm loving the way this blanket is turning out.  She's graduating from the same high school I graduated from - so I have a special attachment to the colors she chose for the ghan.  Marroon, gray, white, and black really go well together.  When I have the blanket finished, I'll post pictures.

Anyway, I've used up a ball of white and a skein of gray so far on this project.  That puts me at +3 for the week.  I'll be finishing it hopefully this week. I wonder how much more yarn I can use up.  :)

Edit:  I forgot the 2 hanks of yarn I got from krazykitty today in my favorite color swap package.  So that's -4 which puts me at -1 so far for the week.

finished a cotton skein tonight +2.  Working on a double strand round ripple.  Hope to get at least one skein done on that this week.  Using 4 skeins so it doesn't get used up quite as fast

Finally one down!  So +4

Had a request for some hot pink/peach (that combination really isn't as bad as it sounds) cowboy boots so I had to get a skein of the pink. I sent the one I did have to my swap partner for the favorite color swap. -15 for the week...

My Mother in law just came over (They live on the same property as us & their house is right behind ours - She isn't in good health so we have to be close in case FIL has to go somewhere) and needed 5 skeins of yarn.. I also rolled the last bit of baby blue I have into a ball.. 

+10 for 5 skeins of yarn

+1 for rolled ball of baby blue.

+11

-----------

-2 for the week now! 

I working on a birthday gift for my daughter, she turns 12 next month.  I'm making her some fancy little Barbie dresses, she thinks I'm making fancy toilet paper covers.  :lol   I finished up one skein on an afghan, so at the moment I'm at +7.  I know that another dress will be completed tonight so that will add more points.

Archived