tnkycrochetnut

2013 Stashbusting CAL

I don't want to forget to post so what ever I get done tonight I'll use towards next week's totals.  I have another thread order coming in so I could use some offsets.

WTD -13 YTD -23

In the past our YTD scores are posted at the end of the month just like our WTD scores.  This was not done at the end of January (last month) mainly because of the transition to the new server and not sure if Crochetville would be back online for the end of the month.  Today is the last Saturday of February but we have 5 (6 counting tomorrow Sunday) more days of February in this coming week.  If it is alright with everyone I think the YTD scores should be posted next Saturday even if next Saturday is the second day of a new month.  A lot of things could happen in the next 6 days to change our YTD scores, such as a major yarn shopping buy or a marathon crocheting session.  I am expecting an order from Joann.com this coming week. There was an offer the other day for 1 cent shipping and no minimum purchase.  I have been wanting to buy some large size safety pins but hubby has been sick and we were not able to run any errands.  He drives and I don't.  So for 1 cent shipping I thought I would just order the safety pins and yarn was calling my name.  Most of Joann.com yarn was 30% off.  I was looking real hard at the Bernat Satin but decided I would rather go to my local Joann and check it out first.  Instead I ordered 3 skeins of RHSS in Blue Suede.  Blue Suede is a new color and I love blue, any shade of blue.

My score for the week ending 2/23/13 is:

WTD: 0

Finished a top for my sister and one skein is down and one rolled into a ball, so with the previous score from this week it's:

WTD: +4  YTD: +4

Week Ending 2/23/13 - 

WTD; -4      YTD; -16

I didn't get much crocheting done this week.

wtd 0

WTD +7 YTD +25

@ tnkycrochetnut  I used some of the new Blue Suede an an afghan I just finished , it is yummy blue  :)

I have been hooking this week, I swear!  Unfortunately, it hasn't used up a skein or even a ball... :irk

So.... for week ending

February 23, 2013

WTD +0

Long week without much crocheting, but lots of crocket-hook losing . . .

WTD:  +1           YTD: -1

I really think that for the idea of KISS we need to post month end scores at the same time as our last saturday of the month scores and the next week going into the new month will count for the next month.    

In the past our YTD scores are posted at the end of the month just like our WTD scores.  This was not done at the end of January (last month) mainly because of the transition to the new server and not sure if Crochetville would be back online for the end of the month.  Today is the last Saturday of February but we have 5 (6 counting tomorrow Sunday) more days of February in this coming week.  If it is alright with everyone I think the YTD scores should be posted next Saturday even if next Saturday is the second day of a new month.  A lot of things could happen in the next 6 days to change our YTD scores, such as a major yarn shopping buy or a marathon crocheting session.  

Edited by FrLopLady

4 skeins going out for a swap, but there is a tote in my van and yarn jumped into it a walmart..really it did!!  but I have to go count.  It is for an afghan for a "daughter" who is marrying my "son" neither of which are blood kin, but they should have been :D

ok +8 for those skeins above, -24 for the walmart debacle  :lol  +4 for the 2 cotton skeins used up.  -20 for the hobby lobby run... :cheer  :cheer

WTD: -32 YTD -70 as 0f 2/23

ok +8 for those skeins above, -24 for the walmart debacle  :lol  +4 for the 2 cotton skeins used up.  -20 for the hobby lobby run... :cheer  :cheer

WTD: -32 YTD -70 as 0f 2/23

Are we going to the moon together!!??

I really think that for the idea of KISS we need to post month end scores at the same time as our last saturday of the month scores and the next week going into the new month will count for the next month.    

I personally agree so it won't be confusing about when the month ends this time.

I did get some crocheting in last night--making good progress on a shawl. Still waiting to talk to someone at Mary Maxim about the pattern on the other shawl, but I'm pretty sure about what they'll say to do on it. Next time I know to email instead of calling!

Thank you for answering my question  tnkycrochetnut,
I've been crocheting on projects but not enough to finish skeins,
but have turn six skeins into balls and have use eight balls of yarn on my scrapghan. So my score for this week will be
WTD+14

Is it too late to post :think ? I didn't get here all week because of work and the weather. People tend to go :P when they hear :2snow  . I worked a lot of extra hours (more $$ = more :yarn ). I used 2 balls and rolled a skein (+3). I made 30 shamrock pins and almost finished an afghan.

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 12

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Working on the scores.  Will post them soon.

Scores for the week ending 2/23/2013

Gold: Braxxi WTD +90

Silver: mva5493 WTD +17

Bronze:  Angel Fairy +14

Using Up Yarn

crsheridan  WTD +10

Shining Star WTD +7

dragon puck WTD +7

prettywoman030981 WTD +5

just-in WTD +4

Ellie 13 WTD +3

pineknott WTD +3

BigPinkPolkaDot WTD +2

MuumMom  WTD +1

Holding Own

crabby rat WTD 0

cshort WTD 0

krazycrocheter WTD 0

saffronangel WTD 0

tnkycrochetnut WTD 0

Playing with new yarn

Bailey4 WTD -13

Addicted2patterns WTD -14

jessicali WTD -4

Shoot the Moon - we have a tie!!!

FrLopLady WTD -32

greyhoundgrandma WTD -32

Let me know if I have overlooked anyone.  I will gladly add your score to the list.

Edited by tnkycrochetnut

After reading the thoughts about waiting until next week to post the YTD scores for the month of February since there are still 5 or 6 more days left in the month.  I agree with the ones who said it would be easier to post them the last Saturday of the month.  I don't know were my mind was when I suggested waiting.  So from now on they will be posted the last Saturday.  Now that I have said that I just realize we wait until Sunday to compile the list and post the WTD scores.  We will do the same for the YTD scores.  The cutoff day will be the last Saturday but the list will be compiled and posted on Sunday.  But just for this one time I will post the YTD scores tomorrow.  I have a list made but I am missing some of the YTD scores so to give everyone a chance I will wait until tomorrow.

Good Night and Sleep Tight everyone.

tnkycrochetnut/Kathy

I don't think I posted my ytd so here it is

ytd -24

Over the weekend I crocheted 3 but bought 5 so I'm -4 for the week. 

I used up another skein in a shawl. I'm working on the border of it now.  +2

Rolled one ball used one so I'm now at +2 for the start of the week.  I know I have a thread order coming in so I really need to use up some yarn. :lol