tnkycrochetnut

2013 Stashbusting CAL

I finally finished a skein of yarn that I was beginning to believe was never ending.  It feels so good to be able to say I finished a skein on this bunny slipper project.  +2 for the week!  :)

Finished a sweater and rolled a skein into something much smaler:) So +1 so far! Yay:) My first point - this is so exciting!

• Like 2

We are going out of town tomorrow and will not be near any internet service for the weekend. I am going to go ahead and post my score for the week ending 02/23/13 now.

WTD: +7

I had +3 from earlier this week and used up 2 more skeins last night on the baby ghan I am working on.

FrLopLady, are you sure you can post the scores for me on Sunday?

I rolled another skein into a ball on a scarf and used up a skein on a shawl. Then I went to joann's today and got 7 skeins.  Now I'm at -10.

My Joann's order came today--12 skeins. I've had to put the shawl aside waiting to hear from Mary Maxim about an issue with the pattern.  -34

2 skeins this week on an afghan/lapghan for a charity type project. I thought I would be done with it by now, but no. I'll just keep working!

Edited by tlisley

4 skeins going out for a swap, but there is a tote in my van and yarn jumped into it a walmart..really it did!!  but I have to go count.  It is for an afghan for a "daughter" who is marrying my "son" neither of which are blood kin, but they should have been :D

My Joann's order came today--12 skeins. I've had to put the shawl aside waiting to hear from Mary Maxim about an issue with the pattern.  -34

I used up a skein of Bernat Mosaic on a shawl.....-32

4 skeins of yarn were given away today.  Add that to the skein I used up earlier this week and I'm at +10 for the week.  WOOT!  :D  I'm hoping I can use up at least one or two more skeins this week.  I've already broken my weekly record for stashbusting.  I like the way that sounds!

Rolled 2 balls on my galaxy afghan. Waiting for my contacts to come in so I can see better to weave in the ends. The black is killing my eyes!!! So, I'm at a +5 this week and I still have more hook time tomorrow!

I finally finished a skein of yarn that I was beginning to believe was never ending.  It feels so good to be able to say I finished a skein on this bunny slipper project.  +2 for the week!  :)

Wow - wouldn't that be something?  Skeins of yarn that just went on forever... it sure would save us from buying more!!  (Well, unless the only skein that was truly never-ending was some shade we just couldn't stomach... that would not be fun... LOL)

It would be fun!  Too bad that can't happen.  On the flip side, though...  buying yarn is SOO much fun, too!

Down another 4 for this week.. I'm doing pretty bad lol.. A girl listed 2 skeins of Peaches & Cream on one of those facebook yardsale sites for just 50 cents each.. Of course I jumped on them! 

I have managed to stay out of michaels this week, although it's be a struggle.  They were supposed to have got a shipment of rh sashay (ruffle scarf yarn) . I don't need it now, but it's getting hard to find again so I thought I should by more to have one hand if it continues to be in short supply.  I haven't gone back for those pounders either.  I think it's about that accountability at the end of the week.  I am just about to finish the baby afghan I have been working on...pics coming soon....I have also added two more skeins to dh's afghan.  so far very productive this week :)   Haven't started the pattern for the CAL yet, trying to finish at least the baby afghan first.  

So far I am at +12 this week.  I wonder how much more I can get done before the deadline.  It does feel good to be on the positive side......although it does feel good to get a bargain, too........

I wanted a crochet dragon for myself a few years ago and got one of those big one-pounders from JoAnn's in a variegated green. It was *wonderful* to use such a big skein for designing with! I could do whatever I wanted and not have to worry about running out of yarn or attaching a new skein anywhere; made it SO much easier to just concentrate on what stitches were coming next!

I'm +1 for the week so far (converted another t-shirt to a yarn ball!) but I'm hoping to get some work done tonight and tomorrow and maybe change the score a little...? :D

Yahoo!! Used up a skein on an ongoing afghan I have (+2) & rolled a skein into a ball (+1). 

Haven't been able to used up any yarn again. So I decided I wanted a number regardless if it was negative. So I went to Joann's and bought 7 skeins of yarn. :D

WTD: -14

Sorry I forgot to post last week, WTD last week was -10

This week I bought 2 balls of orange to try and finish off my scrap rainbow rectangle granny, used up one ball I bought and another 8 partial balls.

WTD = +2           YTD = -21

I may change this later, depends how much more I can get done on this granny rectangle.

It really is amazing how fast you can use up super bulky yarn with a Q or S hook!

WTD +90

YTD +0

• Like 2

Way to go Braxxi:cheer  :cheer 

mine is no where near that, I only wish

wtd +3 ytd -4

I had to order some lighter weight yarn from Annie's for my doll projects.  Still hoping I can bring my totals down as I work on some projects this afternoon.

Wow Brzxxi, your hook was smokin'! 

I finished the shawl I had started and worked a skein down into a ball and rolled a ball with the remainder of another skein.  I started another shawl, but ran out of the yarn from my stash and had to frog that one, so no points there.  Now I started another one, but that's with a pounder so I doubt I'll get points with that one.  So anyway...

For week ending Feb. 23, 2013:

WTD:  +2  / YTD:  +10

Wow Braxxi, that's impressive!  I finished the baby afghan I was working on and added another section to dh afghan so have used up a bit of yarn this week.  I ran out of white on the baby ghan so instead of buying more I used up a partial ball I found in my stash, it's not exactly the same yarn but I think it works.  I used up 6 skeins plus 1 ball on the baby afghan  so that's +13 and 2 partial balls and one skein on dh's afghan +4 for a total this week.

WTD: +17 YTD:-10