2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going out of town tomorrow and will not be near any internet service for the weekend. I am going to go ahead and post my score for the week ending 02/23/13 now.

WTD: +7

I had +3 from earlier this week and used up 2 more skeins last night on the baby ghan I am working on.

FrLopLady, are you sure you can post the scores for me on Sunday?

I rolled another skein into a ball on a scarf and used up a skein on a shawl. Then I went to joann's today and got 7 skeins.  Now I'm at -10.

My Joann's order came today--12 skeins. I've had to put the shawl aside waiting to hear from Mary Maxim about an issue with the pattern.  -34

4 skeins going out for a swap, but there is a tote in my van and yarn jumped into it a walmart..really it did!!  but I have to go count.  It is for an afghan for a "daughter" who is marrying my "son" neither of which are blood kin, but they should have been :D

4 skeins of yarn were given away today.  Add that to the skein I used up earlier this week and I'm at +10 for the week.  WOOT!  :D  I'm hoping I can use up at least one or two more skeins this week.  I've already broken my weekly record for stashbusting.  I like the way that sounds!

I finally finished a skein of yarn that I was beginning to believe was never ending.  It feels so good to be able to say I finished a skein on this bunny slipper project.  +2 for the week!  :)

Wow - wouldn't that be something?  Skeins of yarn that just went on forever... it sure would save us from buying more!!  (Well, unless the only skein that was truly never-ending was some shade we just couldn't stomach... that would not be fun... LOL)

Down another 4 for this week.. I'm doing pretty bad lol.. A girl listed 2 skeins of Peaches & Cream on one of those facebook yardsale sites for just 50 cents each.. Of course I jumped on them! 

I have managed to stay out of michaels this week, although it's be a struggle.  They were supposed to have got a shipment of rh sashay (ruffle scarf yarn) . I don't need it now, but it's getting hard to find again so I thought I should by more to have one hand if it continues to be in short supply.  I haven't gone back for those pounders either.  I think it's about that accountability at the end of the week.  I am just about to finish the baby afghan I have been working on...pics coming soon....I have also added two more skeins to dh's afghan.  so far very productive this week :)   Haven't started the pattern for the CAL yet, trying to finish at least the baby afghan first.  

So far I am at +12 this week.  I wonder how much more I can get done before the deadline.  It does feel good to be on the positive side......although it does feel good to get a bargain, too........

I wanted a crochet dragon for myself a few years ago and got one of those big one-pounders from JoAnn's in a variegated green. It was *wonderful* to use such a big skein for designing with! I could do whatever I wanted and not have to worry about running out of yarn or attaching a new skein anywhere; made it SO much easier to just concentrate on what stitches were coming next!

I'm +1 for the week so far (converted another t-shirt to a yarn ball!) but I'm hoping to get some work done tonight and tomorrow and maybe change the score a little...? :D

Sorry I forgot to post last week, WTD last week was -10

This week I bought 2 balls of orange to try and finish off my scrap rainbow rectangle granny, used up one ball I bought and another 8 partial balls.

WTD = +2           YTD = -21

I may change this later, depends how much more I can get done on this granny rectangle.

It really is amazing how fast you can use up super bulky yarn with a Q or S hook!

WTD +90

YTD +0

Wow Brzxxi, your hook was smokin'! 

I finished the shawl I had started and worked a skein down into a ball and rolled a ball with the remainder of another skein.  I started another shawl, but ran out of the yarn from my stash and had to frog that one, so no points there.  Now I started another one, but that's with a pounder so I doubt I'll get points with that one.  So anyway...

For week ending Feb. 23, 2013:

WTD:  +2  / YTD:  +10

Wow Braxxi, that's impressive!  I finished the baby afghan I was working on and added another section to dh afghan so have used up a bit of yarn this week.  I ran out of white on the baby ghan so instead of buying more I used up a partial ball I found in my stash, it's not exactly the same yarn but I think it works.  I used up 6 skeins plus 1 ball on the baby afghan  so that's +13 and 2 partial balls and one skein on dh's afghan +4 for a total this week.

WTD: +17 YTD:-10

Archived