2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished up a skein of RH team spirit making a harry potter scarf (+2),

But my best friend Rachel surprised me with 3 skeins of Gala yarn :) (-6) shes such a doll :)

So my totals for this week are

WTD -4

YTD -14

Sorrt about the lack of color or size change for the totals. I cannot get on the ville from my computer :( it wont let me log in :(

I haven't done much hooking this week.  I did make a baby hat that looks like a turban, it's super cute!  I will post a photo of it at some point... ;)  Unfortunately, the hat used very little yarn... so I have nothing to actually "count" this week.  :lol  I didn't buy any this week, either, though...  :D

For week ending 2/16/2013,

WTD 0 / YTD +17

Shoot! Forgot to report last night. I'm sure it's before midnight somewhere . . .

Finished three skeins, and balled-up one that had become a huge mess. Which means:

WTD: +7                YTD: -2

Well finished off two balls this week. Three of the afghans I'm working on were supposed to be a gift for a friend's grandchildren. That friend died this week so I've decided I don't care what it takes, I'm going to have them done for Christmas.

WTD: +2 YTD: -35

Well finished off two balls this week. Three of the afghans I'm working on were supposed to be a gift for a friend's grandchildren. That friend died this week so I've decided I don't care what it takes, I'm going to have them done for Christmas.

:hug That'll be wonderful. That makes me think of a good friend of my aunt's who was wonderful for all our family when my aunt passed away a few years ago. She babysits for the kids who would have been Aunt's grandchildren and greets my husband and son and me with delight when we visit up there, and always likes all my little guy's photos and stories that I share on facebook. I'm sure this will mean a lot to your friend's grandchildren!

I am posting the scores for week ending 2/16/2013:

Gold: Tie- Lhasaapsolady +8 and Skoggy +8 :clap :cheer  :clap  

Silver: MuumMom +7 :yay

Bronze: Tie- tlisley +6 and mva5493 +6 and Ellie 13 +6 :applause :applause  :applause  

Using Up Yarn:

Grehoundgrandma +5      

BigPinkPolkaDot +4

AngelFairy +4

FrLopLady +3

Jessicali +3

Bailey4 +3

Saffronangel +2

Pineknott +1

VikingRunnerGirl +1

Holding Steady:

Crabby rat

Just In

Addicted2Patterns

Tnkychrochetnut

Cshort

Building Stash

Crsheridan -2

ImaFreak -4

Dragonpuck -9

Prettywoman030981 -37

Braxxi -108

Shoot the Moon: Shining Star -548

FrLopLady and I have traded weeks to post scores so FrLopLady will post the scores for me next week.

Sorry I was late, crocheted for 13 hours yester eve/night/morn and lost track of time. productive week...at least for me, tysons afghan so close to done, got several rows on batman afghan,made 4 more dishrags. Do I get any credit for yarn I bought to give as a gift? I counted it last week as what I had bought, but this week gifted the 4 i bought  so do I get any credit at all for that?  I used 4 skeins on afghans, 3 on dishrags. and bought 0.  balled up 0 also..not good, ..have plenty that needed it. LOL

WTD +14  YTD + 18

Pictures should be coming soon of Tys Amish bar Afghan...with my twist

Jeannie

-4 today for two Aunt Lydia's thread containers.  I am proud of myself.  There was a really amazing yarn sale at AC Moore and there was some Bernat Super Saver crying to come home with me, but I did resist.  I really do want to work on reducing my stash.  I have specific doll projects that require this color to complete so I picked them up while I was out.

Almost an entire skein used! I started my galaxy afghan. Realized that if I made it to pattern, it would be 7 ft. long!!!! So I did some adjusting and took out one of the circles so it will only be 6ft. long. Lol. Will save some yarn that way and HOPEFULLY keep me from having to buy more!! I'm working on my 6th circle now, then will start on the partial circles soon!

Love to look over and see this much use!!!!!

post-55092-0-09960200-1361228467_thumb.jpg

Rolled a skein into a ball finishing a scarf...+1

I have an order coming from joann the week, so I know I'll finish up in the negatives.

I rolled another skein into a ball on a scarf and used up a skein on a shawl. Then I went to joann's today and got 7 skeins.  Now I'm at -10.

I went to pick my youngest up at my mom's & drop my oldest off so he could go to the ball game with them & came home with 2 skeins of yarn from her for an afghan.. 

-4 so far for the week..

Archived