2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shining-Star, love your son's blanket!  He looks so cute with it wrapped all around him!

Gotta post early because the schedule is filling up!

I rolled two balls and finished two balls, finally finishing the last two prayer shawls and starting another one.

For week ending Feb. 16, 2013:

WTD:  +4   /YTD:  +8

Shining-Star, love your son's blanket!  He looks so cute with it wrapped all around him!

Gotta post early because the schedule is filling up!

I rolled two balls and finished two balls, finally finishing the last two prayer shawls and starting another one.

For week ending Feb. 16, 2013:

WTD:  +4   /YTD:  +8

Thanks, but it is not my blanket, our wonderful and talented Addicted2Patterns made that for her son. I was merely admiring her wonderful work.

well, I guess my  little -11 is going to be lost in the pile :devil

that's OK though  I think everone should get to splurge  every once in a while

I will post a final tally later as I hope to get  some small balls used up before tomorrow night.

my hubby wouldn't know one end of the skein from the other, but  bless him he says nothing when I come home with  a bag full of yarn!

and he actually noticed  that  there were gaps in my wall of yarn- so my stash busting must be working better than I thought!

I was doing so good this week had no intention of going into a yarn store.  I was feeling really good, I have been working steadlily on this baby afghan.  WIth the exception of 1 skein of yarn I bought specifically for this afghan (already counted :)), I was using only yarn from my stash.  So far I had 2 skeins of yarn I bought from big lots that I forgot were in my stash....I needed another color and this varigated was just the right colors!  Small skein that are around 2 ounces each, that are fingering weight so I doubled them.  The rest of the yarn is red heart soft baby steps, red heart soft, and simply soft.  I  only had one skein of the rh soft baby steps and was worried that it wasn't going to be enough....so off to Michael's I go hoping to find something to match it.  They had Vanna's Choice on sale for 1.89, but no colors I wanted or needed so I just walked away.  looked at ss thinking I might need another skein of blue mint, but wasn't paying 4.29 for it.  I settled on a skein of snuggly wuggly that is almost the exact shade as the aqua rh soft baby steps I am running out of.  It was reg price, the cashier scanned a 50% off coupon for me.  I walked to the next isle and found lion brand pound of love on sale for $4.99.  I bought two and really  thought hard about three,  but eventhough I caved a little I only bought 2.  Went to pick up some groceries next door at meijer and the had caron pounders at 4.89 and pound of love at 5.59,  but I didn't buy any.

So I think even though I gave in a little,  having to report those purchases tomorrow did keep me from buying more.  I am planning on doing an afghan for a cal that started today so I will at least use the two POL I did get.  enough rambling back to stitching I want to be on the positive side this week :)

I came on here tonight concerned with the 60 skeins of yarn I need to claim this week - ordered 4 afghan kits and hit Michael's today. BUT as I looked back through the posts this week I see I have nothing to worry about! LOL! Awesome hubby and pile of yarn you got there!

Valerie if I had seen Caron pounders at $4.89 I would have bought a BUNCH!  can I send you some money? :rofl

Ummmm............I must be confused i thought we were stash busting, i see i was mistaken we are stash building, rofl

Ummmm............I must be confused i thought we were stash busting, i see i was mistaken we are stash building, rofl

ummmm welll..I ..um.. I'm doing better than last year which was better than the year before,..that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Caron pounders is up at the top of my list of yarns to use.  So I would have been toast.

Actually I just finished up one skein of the variegated ""pounder" so it give me +3 for the week.  Hoping to add to that by the end of the day

I am busy for today... Scentsy party at 2 then valentines dinner with hubby & my sons at a new resturant in town after.. I'm going to go ahead & post my score... 

Week ending 2/16/13;      

WTD; +3  YTD;  -12

I finished an Aunt Lydia's size 10 thread holder/container still don't know what we call those so +2 for that.  I started a new one to finish the dress and the ami I'm working on doesn't look like it will be finishing up anything tonight.

So that leaves me with

+3 WTD -10 YTD

Of course when the yarn I ordered comes in all my progress will be gone. :lol Since most of it is thread it will take me a while to work it all off.

Boy, if we had known how many skeins of yarn Andrea's hubby was getting her for Valentine's Day we all could have done some serious shopping.  I am sending a :hug to Andrea to pass on to her hubby for his support of her hobby.  Also if I had seen Caron One Pounder's at $4.89 I would have bought a bunch and worried later about how long it takes to get through one of those skeins.

As far as my crocheting this week I haven't crocheted a lot.  I want to have a scarf to match a cap I made a couple of weeks ago but for some reason can't get to enthuse about crocheting on it.  I stopped for awhile to make my sweet hubby a new cap.  Maybe I'll put the scarf up for awhile and work on caps instead.  Anything to get back my enthusiasm.  So my score for the week ending 2/16/2013 is:

WTD: +0  YTD: +1 

I finished up one of my balls of t-shirt yarn this week! Took a lot longer than I expected because I was trying to make a flat circle and I had to keep frogging and changing the number of stitches. Never did get it to lay flat. :P Instead, I soaked the wobbly circle and squashed it flat under some boxes. Yay, cheating!

And I didn't make any new t-shirt yarn even though I was planning to, so my score for this week is plus one! Plus one!

WTD: +1, YTD: -13

BRWUI "Yay!" X "Yaaay! Aw da wettoes! [All the letters!]" I "Yay!" "I want F!" FFFFFF31119

The above message brought to you by my little boy, who refuses to leave me alone as I'm trying to update my score!

I have a feeling I will be back in the store picking up those pounders....so my totals for next week will be terrible, lol.   I am resisting the desire to go back for now.  I am really trying to get the stash under control this year.  we will see how it goes.  time to report for this week.......  I am working on two afghans (one baby one for dh)  I added another strip on dh's afghan  using up 1 skein that I had rolled into to balls so I could use it double stranded+2.  I rolled the remainder of two other skeins on the same afghan as it was becoming an unraveling mess.+2  On the baby afghan I used on entire skein of rh soft baby steps, and two 50 gm skeins of a varigated (sock weigh) that works nicely with.+6  It is quite a bit thinner than the rest of the yarn used so I doubled it as well.  so total skeins used is 4, (+8),  rolled into balls 4 (+4).......I also had to purchase another skein of yarn for the baby afghan and those 2 pounders mysteriously found their way into my shopping cart so that is -6  so grand total if my math is correct is

WTD: +6  YTD:-21

Depending on how my will power holds out and if there are any left, my totals may be a bit more on the negative side next week. :devil

Archived