2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

I'm thinking about joining you, becaus eit sounds like so much fun! I have two questions, though. Forgive me if they have been answered before, but I couldn't find the answers.

1. I both crochet and knit and I'm bound to use some of my skeins for knitted garments. Would that be ok, or is it strictly a CAL?

2. If I join now and I have a few projects started from the last year, would finishing them now count as well, or should they be only the skeins started and used up from now on?

Thank you in advance and best wishes for all stashbusters!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've been crocheting some, but not enough to earn points.  :no  However, I ROAK'd 3 skeins, and I believe that counts, so I'm +6!  :yes  I'm going to keep my hook moving so maybe I'll have more points by Saturday. I've been working on this granny square afghan, and I'm just waiting until I finish up the skeins before I add the points. Maybe I'll get it done today or tomorrow.

I'm thinking about joining you, becaus eit sounds like so much fun! I have two questions, though. Forgive me if they have been answered before, but I couldn't find the answers.

1. I both crochet and knit and I'm bound to use some of my skeins for knitted garments. Would that be ok, or is it strictly a CAL?

2. If I join now and I have a few projects started from the last year, would finishing them now count as well, or should they be only the skeins started and used up from now on?

Thank you in advance and best wishes for all stashbusters!

It doesn't matter how the yarn is used up--crocheted, knitted, crafted, given away, thrown into the trash, etc.--it counts the same.  It also doesn't matter when you started using a skein, whenever you finish it or roll it into a ball, then you count the points.

It's a lot of fun and good motivation to get the hooks or needles going.

Embarrasing post time...... I got my Valentine's present last night because my hubby couldn't hide it from me..... 3 huge boxes of Bernat Satin (6 of each color), Bernat Cotton (6 of each color), and Red Heart Varigated (3 of each). 277 Skeins.... yes you read that right. This came from the fact that the last time he got me Bernat Satin, he only got 2 skeins of each color. I started a blanket with 3 of the colors and did not have enough of each to finish and we had to order more because none of the stores around here carry that yarn. I layed all of it out on our living room floor and just wanted to jump in it! I also picked colors and started a baby blankie last night!

FrLopLady, I know you are Shoot the Moon winner for this week and are supposed to post the scores, but can I trade you as I know I am going to Shoot the Moon this week and will be out of town when it is my turn to post the scores.

-554 plus 6 from usage earlier this week, score for now

:rofl  And you didn't take a picture of when it was all laid out!??  I think..yes I know I'm jealous!!  

Switching is fine and actually will work better for me to as Sunday I have church in the am and then a baby shower for my grandson 3 hours away on the coast.  But, can you please remind me next week... brain like a sieve :D

I did take a picture of it! LOL. I will post it tonight when I get home from work! Thank you so much Mary!!!

Embarrasing post time...... I got my Valentine's present last night because my hubby couldn't hide it from me..... 3 huge boxes of Bernat Satin (6 of each color), Bernat Cotton (6 of each color), and Red Heart Varigated (3 of each). 277 Skeins.... yes you read that right. This came from the fact that the last time he got me Bernat Satin, he only got 2 skeins of each color. I started a blanket with 3 of the colors and did not have enough of each to finish and we had to order more because none of the stores around here carry that yarn. I layed all of it out on our living room floor and just wanted to jump in it! I also picked colors and started a baby blankie last night!

FrLopLady, I know you are Shoot the Moon winner for this week and are supposed to post the scores, but can I trade you as I know I am going to Shoot the Moon this week and will be out of town when it is my turn to post the scores.

This really made me laugh!! I think you have that in the bag lol!! I can NOT wait to see that picture!

:heart  :heart This is the most FANTASTIC Valentine present! :heart  :heart  Your hubby is a keeper!

Oh, my!!!! What a WONDERFUL gift!!!

It doesn't matter how the yarn is used up--crocheted, knitted, crafted, given away, thrown into the trash, etc.--it counts the same.  It also doesn't matter when you started using a skein, whenever you finish it or roll it into a ball, then you count the points.

It's a lot of fun and good motivation to get the hooks or needles going.

Thank you so much! I start couning my points, then!

Embarrasing post time...... I got my Valentine's present last night because my hubby couldn't hide it from me..... 3 huge boxes of Bernat Satin (6 of each color), Bernat Cotton (6 of each color), and Red Heart Varigated (3 of each). 277 Skeins.... yes you read that right. This came from the fact that the last time he got me Bernat Satin, he only got 2 skeins of each color. I started a blanket with 3 of the colors and did not have enough of each to finish and we had to order more because none of the stores around here carry that yarn. I layed all of it out on our living room floor and just wanted to jump in it! I also picked colors and started a baby blankie last night!

Amazing! And what lovely yarn you got! I love Bernat Satin!

Not embarrasing at all.  What a great supportive Hubby.  I got doll patterns along with my Valentine flowers and bear today.  However, I then had to hop online and order the yarn and thread I didn't have to make the stuff.  When it arrives I'll have blown all the progress I made.  However, since it's all going to charity, I don't mind so much.  It makes me feel good to think of those little girls having doll to play with on Christmas morning.  In the mean time I get all the fun of crocheting them. :lol  :lol   Charity my excuse for making doll clothes. :D

Since Andrea will be shoot the moon this week and my hubby got me a hobby lobby gift card today, I went ahead and got the 5 skeins I need for the sweater I'll be making for the fair!!! I just love the color. It's caught my eye every time I've gone to buy yarn there, so I decided I'll make the sweater that color!!!!!

So I get to add -10 to my -27 for a whopping -37!!!! Not big by some standards, but HUGE for me!! I usually stick to only buying a few skeins at a time!!

The color is Peacock. And the sweater is called Filigree cardigan (I think I got it from red heart website).

post-55092-0-86698400-1360883340_thumb.jpg

Welcome Just-in.  I have added your name to our list which is the first post of this thread.  I know you will have a lot of fun with the Stashbusting CAL>

Thank you so much! I'm sure it'll get me motivated to finish some bigger projects this year. I'm mostly into amigurumi, but they don't use much yarn ;)

I have started working on a top for my sister, hopefully 2 skeins will be gone, yay!

Since Andrea will be shoot the moon this week and my hubby got me a hobby lobby gift card today, I went ahead and got the 5 skeins I need for the sweater I'll be making for the fair!!! I just love the color. It's caught my eye every time I've gone to buy yarn there, so I decided I'll make the sweater that color!!!!!

So I get to add -10 to my -27 for a whopping -37!!!! Not big by some standards, but HUGE for me!! I usually stick to only buying a few skeins at a time!!

The color is Peacock. And the sweater is called Filigree cardigan (I think I got it from red heart website).

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Oh, this is going to be so lovely!

Well, I got rid of 4 skiens this week, either crocheted with or given away. So thats going to be +8. I know I won't be using up anymore this week so: WTD: +8. :)

Archived