December Charity Bash 12/13 - 12/18

busy-bee-lmt

Hi everyone. The monthly charity bash will be starting next week. Everyone is welcome to in and chat and make things for those in need be they people or animals. Knitters :knit, crocheters :hook, those who sew :sew, and those who weave, all are welcome to participate. :welcome I know it's a busy time of year, but whether you can do a few hours or the whole time, every little bit helps. And if you want to start a bit early or go a little later, that's okay too. :D

It sometimes seems that with the need so great, the few things I can do don't mean much. By getting together it's possible to see that what we do does indeed make a difference. When my little bits are put together with the little bits of others they quickly mount up to a lot.

At the end of the crochet~along post your totals for the six days in big bold letters and on the weekend I'll combine them all and post the totals. It's always impressive.

Cheer leaders are welcome too. :cheer:cheer:cheer

I'll be working on a prayer shawl and a Project Linus quilt. Looking forward to seeing you next week. :manyheart

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dropped off my doll and play food donations this week and the reaction was amazing. I am done with charity work for the year, but plan on starting to build my stash again in Jan. I just want to say thank you for all the encouragement. Reading the posts here each month is really inspiring. I'm already plotting out my doll outfits for next year and have some new play food patterns to add to next year's donation.

Best wishes to all of you as you work on this month's goals.

I'm in. As I said last month, the 16th is the last day I will have computer access until after the first of the year (I'll be in withdrawal!), so I'll start from the 11th and post my totals before I sign out.

I have three lapghans I'm working on. A purple granny square (that's boring me senseless, but I want to get it done), a multi-color granny square, and a round ripple. I hope I can get at least two of those finished.

Welcome Donna. Those sound like great projects. Feel free to be a cheer leader this month Bailey. We'll look forward to you joining us again in the new year. :manyheart

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´) ¸.·'´)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*I'm in!*·¸¸ ..´¨`»

(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸)

I dont have a particular charity at the moment... but am thinking of making up things for grannyannie here one the 'ville.... scarves or fingerless mitts... or maybe both! :hook

I used to weave tails in more as I worked than I do now. I have finally learned that once those tails are well and truly woven in, it's impossible to get them out. I had to throw out parts of projects when I decided the pattern wasn't working, or I detested one of the colors or something. Now I don't weave any until I am almost, if not completely finished.

Why do I always put off tucking in tails as I go? As much as I hate it you'd think I'd learn to do it as a I go along. Sorting more yarn to work on scarves.

I'm right there keeping you company. :lol Even when it's squares, I usually wait until I'm ready to sew them together before hiding the pesky tails.

Well, as I said, I started counting from yesterday. This morning I finished a round ripple for the Linus Project. I will try to post a to pic by the end of the weekend.

I won't get as much done for this CAL as I hoped, because I took pity on our work Christmas tree that has a truly pathetic tree skirt. I got a pattern and I'm trying to whip one out before Sunday. I don't think it will take too long though and I will still have some time for this CAL.

Tomorrow is the official start for the CAL! I got a baby blanket sandwich pinned together tonight and may get started on the quilting tonight yet.

I'll be putting out eggnog and sugar cookies early for all to snack on while we craft.

That's sweet to whip up a new tree skirt for the work tree, Donna.

Tomorrow is the official start for the CAL! I got a baby blanket sandwich pinned together tonight and may get started on the quilting tonight yet.

I'll be putting out eggnog and sugar cookies early for all to snack on while we craft.

:yay.... getting ready to start tomorrow! I'm finishing up a pair of slippers tonight and sew a flower on a Husker beanie.

Eggnog and sugar cookies huh? Sounds great!!! I'll have coffee and homemade chocolate mint cookies ready for us!

:heart

:mug

I'm trying to finish my other sock for one more Christmas gift tonight. Then tomorrow nightI hope to get going on my charity shawl. I'm looking forward to those sugar cookies. I'd love a cup of coffee with my cookies please. :hook

I was trying to that group of knitted scarves done before starting this charity weekend. I will start out fresh in the morning. I have cast on for another knit scarf but may frog it as I crochet faster. Sometimes I just like the way knitting shows off a variegated yarn better than crocheting. Have been working hard to complete the last steps on a few projects so I can work on just new scarves. Yes, I got those pesky tails tucked in.

Archived