Seeking a Brand that offers.......

Seraffa

Not sure where to find lots of yarns in delicate "fleck" colors in pastels (for lack of a better description.)

The ones I started out with are sold in Hobby Lobby under the Baby Bee label and are skeins with tiny dots NON SELF PATTERNING just...kinda small dots like a robin's egg effect. The two I fell in love with are the one with rose, taupe and green dots on ecru, and the other with green, brown and sand dots on ecru. Perfect for Bridal or St. Patrick's Day wear.

Any ideas....please post back. :think

I bought a few skeins of a Michael's Snuggly Wuggly on clearance (I an old curmudgeon and hate the cutesy name) in the "Dots" pattern. I haven't used it yet so haven't seen how it works up, but it may be something like what you describe, though I think the dots of color will be larger, more like patterning.

I love this yarn used to have a pastel tweed - I think they still do. It's white with flecks of colored yarn in it. I haven't used it for a long time, but I think they were turquoise and pink.

You could also look at other "fleck" yarns that have tufts of contrast color incorporated in the background color. Red Heart has some, but they aren't very cheerful colors.

Anything with a 'tweed' should be fine.

Yes; just wondering if one Brand offers significantly more selection in their line of yarn; there's the big-name yarn makers, then the house-brand in craft stores, then all the indie companies...........:eek

You could also look at other "fleck" yarns that have tufts of contrast color incorporated in the background color. Red Heart has some, but they aren't very cheerful colors.

Agreed. I used a skein of their oatmeal colored tweed and it was fine. One look at the "Fiesta" line of colors, though, and it put me off of my food. I don't know how yarn makers put up with designers that make yarn mimic old linoleum tiles.........eccchhhhhhhh.

Archived