ATTN Bistitchuals!! Want to Swap?

DesertCrocheter

Hey fellow knitters! We are currently getting the 2013 swap schedule ready for posting, and one thing we hostesses have been talking about is a Knit For Crochet Swap.

Some ideas we've bandied about include having a short list of comparable items that you could select from to swap, e.g. scarf, shawl, place mats, etc. You would check any item you'd like in either knit or crochet. I'd try to pair you with someone who'd like to receive the same items. The two of you could then either decided whether your partner knits or crochets for you, or agree to let it be a surprise. Of course, you'd be able to list your knit and crochet level of expertise, your interests, your likes/dislikes, etc.

Or, we could have a list of crocheted items you'd like but would never make yourself (for me, this would be amis--I stink at amis and would love some bird ones) and maybe we could team you with a crocheter who'd like a knit scarf, for example, and you could swap.

I haven't cleared having a Knit Only swap with Amy and Donna yet, since in the past our focus on Crochetville has been on, well, crochet. But with the addition of the Knooking forum and the opening up of the Knit forums to everyone (rather then signing up for them as we used to, Crochetville's Best Kept Secret, LOL), other fiber crafts are becoming part of our virtual home here.

So what do ya'll think? Is there enough interest to add something along those lines, and if so, how would you like to see it structured? My only concern is that we keep any items exchanged comparable in effort so that no one gets stiffed by making a huge knit shawl and getting a crocheted potholder in return. Unless that's what she wants! :lol

Patty

oh this sounds great...i am a knitter of less than a year but i find that there are just some things i prefer to knit. This could be fun...maybe pair one of us knitters with someone who does no knit so that the non-knitter receives a knitted item and the bistitchual (I love this by the way) one receives something crocheted

I confess I often put a knitted dishcloth in with my crocheted swap items. Especially for the pet swap. I can knit a dishcloth with a paw print on it--how perfectly cute and appropriate is that? So I think including a knitted item is fine, as long as if it's a crocheted item swap (like purse or bookmark or whatever), that crocheted item is in there. I knit a cute little shawl/scarf for Hometown this year because the pattern was called Phoenix and I was making an Arizona/Tucson-themed package.

Patty

Archived