No slip rug

custombearhugs

Very nice! What did you use for the backing and how was it applied?

I used a rubber shelf liner meant to line your kitchen cabinets with. It comes in a large roll and was the same width as my rug. I used a spray adhesive. Its like spray on rubber cement. You apply to both surfaces, let dry til tacky, then put the two pieces together.

Once dry it can be washed and hung or laid flat to dry. I have another rug in my kitchen that I have had for about 6 months now that is holding up great!

I used a rubber shelf liner meant to line your kitchen cabinets with. It comes in a large roll and was the same width as my rug. I used a spray adhesive. Its like spray on rubber cement. You apply to both surfaces, let dry til tacky, then put the two pieces together.

Once dry it can be washed and hung or laid flat to dry. I have another rug in my kitchen that I have had for about 6 months now that is holding up great!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

This is fantastic information, thank you so much for sharing. Your rug is gorgeous! Once I get my project list down to a more managable level I'm going to make myself a rug! Can't wait!!! :cheer

• 2 weeks later...

Very good idea there, with the non-stick. I've been thinking about making a small rug for my bathroom but didn't want to slip and bust myself apart! ;)

ETA: I like the rug too, not just the backing! :D

Archived