Falling Leaves Sweater

crochettreasures

I FINALLY got my Crochet magazine in the mail yesterday and fell in love with the falling leaves sweater pattern. Anyone else interested in this sweater? I want to attempt it but it says its for "experienced" folks - its sort of intimidating, however I'm always up for a challenge? Maybe its just temporary insanity??

Anyone else wanna work on this sweater with me?

Anyone?

Short story - I'm always looking for unique and different sweaters. There is a small group of us who have earned the title of "weird" in our office :)

Weird is not a bad thing :) - But we always try to out do one another with our sweaters. I know that - this one would not be "out done"

Short story - I'm always looking for unique and different sweaters. There is a small group of us who have earned the title of "weird" in our office :)

Weird is not a bad thing :) - But we always try to out do one another with our sweaters. I know that - this one would not be "out done"

Well, if you're looking for unique and different, that's the thing to make! LOL I was thinking when I saw it that it looked like something that Mimi from the Drew Carey show would wear! LOL I want to see a pic of it when you're done!!!

I FINALLY got my Crochet magazine in the mail yesterday and fell in love with the falling leaves sweater pattern. Anyone else interested in this sweater? I want to attempt it but it says its for "experienced" folks - its sort of intimidating, however I'm always up for a challenge? Maybe its just temporary insanity??

Anyone else wanna work on this sweater with me?

Anyone?

Which crochet magazine is the sweater in??? I'm so wanting to see it now...:scrachin

Well, if you're looking for unique and different, that's the thing to make! LOL I was thinking when I saw it that it looked like something that Mimi from the Drew Carey show would wear! LOL I want to see a pic of it when you're done!!!

I so agree!! LOL

:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll DonnaLynn and Andrea!! You two crack me up. I didn't think it was THAT guady - Loud and obnoxious yes but not Drw Carey Mimi like. LOL

Mimi - the sweater was in Crochet! magazine.

Now I'm just going to have to make this thing now - just because LOL

:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll DonnaLynn and Andrea!! You two crack me up. I didn't think it was THAT guady - Loud and obnoxious yes but not Drw Carey Mimi like. LOL

Mimi - the sweater was in Crochet! magazine.

Now I'm just going to have to make this thing now - just because LOL

ROFL! Well, you are right. Those colors aren't quite bright enough for Mimi!!!! I can't wait to see your finished project!!!!!!

Ok, so I feel bad now. I did like aspects of the sweater...honestly I did, I liked the leaf shapes...well, that might have been it. But I wish you well with your sweater....and I promise I won't criticise it again.LOL

Ah yes! I remember seeing that sweater and thinking 'WOW!' To see a small picture you can click on this link Falling Leaves Sweater It's the second picture from the top. It's called Falling Leaves Jacket. I happen to love it but don't think I have time to do a CAL for it. For me, it's one of those things you work on a little at a time.

:eek Sorry, but that wasn't what I was picturing..lol. But if you like it, you should do it....I thought there would be leaves on it, with nice fall colors. It kinda looks toooooo frilly, furry...almost blurry. Maybe that's just the picture, if you make it...I would like to see it :)

Well girls - I'm going to attempt this sweater. I'm tryying to "convince" DBF that he owes me an "I love you" present and that the materials for this sweater/jacket should be it :)

I did realize that this jacket is completed on a sweatshirt base :) - Yup I'm gonna do it. Just have to get the supplies.

Andrea - Don't feel bad - you did nothing wrong :hug

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw the jacket in this issue I thought it looked really neat, I like it. To much going on now for me to give it a whirl. Good luck and I'd love to see pictures when it's done :)

I'm still trying to convince DBF that he owes me an "I love you" present. I've left copies of this pattern in his truck/under his pillow/in the bathroom - between pages of his Ford mechanical spec books/in his tool box... I don't think he has gotten the hint just yet.

I'm still trying to convince DBF that he owes me an "I love you" present. I've left copies of this pattern in his truck/under his pillow/in the bathroom - between pages of his Ford mechanical spec books/in his tool box... I don't think he has gotten the hint just yet.

LOL Dawn!! :clap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't get that magazine so I went to the website. I would try to make that in a heartbeat. Do they sell those magazines in the bookstores? I would like to get the pattern. I know I would probably change something in the pattern. I always do. Bad habit!

Archived