Please Help!!!

krazycrocheter

Hello, I'm amber. Our women and childrens home could really use stuff. I called the lady today and she said they take anything. It is a real working house. They will take anything from cleaning supplies to clothing to books. When I say books I mean childrens books (all ages). Whatever they can't use in the house they sell in there thrift shop. So anything you can send would be appreciated. Please no squares though.

My friend and her family instead of getting gifts for each other has adopted a family. The womans husband left her and their three kids. They don't have much. Last year she only had $10 to spend on their Christmas. This year isn't much better. What she can't find for the older kids 9 and 10 are Junie B. Jones and DIARY OF A WIMPY KID books. The 9yr old is a girl and 10yr old is a boy.

Anything you can do to help will be very appreciated. :ty:hug:manyheart

It might be helpful if you could provide a little more info about the home, like location, in the city or a small town. The type of home, ie homeless shelter, domestic violence safe house. Age groups living there, temporary housing or permanent. It may help some of us have a bit more connection to the project and an understanding of the need. I know you must feel alittle frustrated at the lack of response. Maybe more info will help.

It might be helpful if you could provide a little more info about the home, like location, in the city or a small town. The type of home, ie homeless shelter, domestic violence safe house. Age groups living there, temporary housing or permanent. It may help some of us have a bit more connection to the project and an understanding of the need. I know you must feel alittle frustrated at the lack of response. Maybe more info will help.

I think this is a good point.

Also, especially at this time of year, most localities have holiday charity drives going on, so people are probably already working on things for their local charities.

And of course there are all the things people are doing for gifts. Doesn't leave much time for adding a new charity to the to-do list.

Another thought.....with the cost of postage, it seems much more efficient to work with local charities than to mail things around the country.

I'm in to help as much as I can... let me see what I can whip up and pull together!

A thought... for those that have difficulties with postage..... a good ol' "Walmart Card" would work.

Matter of fact.... I think I'll send one along with whatever I can put together for you!!!

I'm so sorry there is this struggle! :hug

Okay... so today I have done 2 beanies a pair of fingerless mitts and a headband/ear warmer.

I'll keep working to see what I can get done over the weekend. :hook

Archived