More help please!

kinnykins18

Question

So i didnt even think about the fact that last time i put the whole pattern up here, oops. i need a little bit more help on it though.

again im brand new to crocheting so lots of description would be greatly appreciated.

Beginning at top of beanie, ch 87 (93); join with sl st in first ch to form a ring, taking care not to twist ch.

Round 1: Ch 3 (dc, ch 2, sc) in same ch as joining sl st (counts as first pattern repeat), *sk next 2 ch, (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in next ch; repeat from * around; join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch-3—29 (31) pattern repeats.

round 2 is where i'm stuck

Round 2: Sl st to first ch-sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, sc) in first ch-sp, (2 dc, ch 2, sc) in each remaining ch-sp around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch.

Repeat last round until piece measures 11"/28cm from beginning. Fasten off.

also i got this from Bernat.com

7 answers to this question

Did round 1 work out OK? You have 31 repeats of the pattern? And you were able to join?

The part of round 2 that looks a little different than some patterns is that you need to 'scoot over' to a certain spot to start the real pattern. "Scooting over" here is done by slip stitches, because they don't take up much room & aren't too noticeable.

You've already joined with a sl st in to the top of the ch-3 of the first round. Sl st into the next dc, now the ch-2 space is ahead of you. Start the first ch of the ch-3 (the ch3 acts like a dc) AROUND the chains of the chain space: stick your hook into the space, not into any stitch, and proceed from there. From now on, all of the 2dc, ch2, 2dc pattern groupings will be made into the chain SPACES, not into stitches.

http://www.bernat.com/data/pattern/pdf/Bernat_Sheepish_web20_cr_Beanie.en_US.pdf

This is where the pattern is. its a slouchy hat. like I said said I'm brand new to this and dont quite understand the concept, so I dont know what alot of things mean. No one in my family crochets and all I know I've learned from the internet. if i could find a video of this pattern being done i would use that, but i havent found anything yet. so all i can do is reach out to the crocheting community for help. I'm not even sure if i did round one right because my post got deleted.

Did round 1 work out OK? You have 31 repeats of the pattern? And you were able to join?

The part of round 2 that looks a little different than some patterns is that you need to 'scoot over' to a certain spot to start the real pattern. "Scooting over" here is done by slip stitches, because they don't take up much room & aren't too noticeable.

You've already joined with a sl st in to the top of the ch-3 of the first round. Sl st into the next dc, now the ch-2 space is ahead of you. Start the first ch of the ch-3 (the ch3 acts like a dc) AROUND the chains of the chain space: stick your hook into the space, not into any stitch, and proceed from there. From now on, all of the 2dc, ch2, 2dc pattern groupings will be made into the chain SPACES, not into stitches.

Just to clarify round 1, i only repeat until i get all the way around, right?

Then for round 2, do i sl st into each chain on my way over to the dc then i put my hook through the arch created from the ch2? then what?

Also thanks so much for all your help you are extremely helpful i really appreciate it.

Round 1: Yes, repeat the pattern stitch (2dc, ch2, sc) until you get all the way around. Once you make it around, close off the round by slip stitching into the 3rd chain of the very first ch3.

Round 2: No, do not sl st into each chain. DO make a sl st into the space created by the first ch2. Then (ch3, dc, ch2, sc) into the exact same space that you just worked the sl st in. Now skip to the next ch2 space and work the pattern stitch (2dc, ch2, sc) into it. Continue doing that until you get back to the beginning of round 2. Like before, close off this round with a sl st in the 3rd ch of the first ch3.

Repeat round 2 until desired length, finish off as described, and then you will have yourself a slouchy beanie!

Good luck! And ask if you have any more questions!

♥♥♥

As you end the 1st row you slip stitch into the top of the ch 3. You have a another dc between there and the ch 2 space. Slip stitch into the top of the dc and then slip stitch into the ch 2 space. Have you found how to do that slip stitch?

Archived