November Charity CAL - 11/15 thru 11/20

busy-bee-lmt

Way to go ladies! :cheer Lots of progress being made! :cheer

I finished the first prayer shawl today. It's extra long and has fringe on both ends. Wow! That was a royal pain. Each strand had to be knotted on the ends to keep it from unravelling into a fuzzy mess. Just have four tails to hide and it will be ready to deliver.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well work still has not let up for me. Didn't work less than 11 hours m-th so today was the first day I felt like looking at the computer at home. Of course I missed the start of the charity CAL again. But I am on board.

I have beanies left over from my craft show. I'll drop over on the charity side and see where I can send them in NY or NJ.

Probably back to cat mats tomorrow because I plan to watch a big MMA match. Probably not a lot of MMA fans at the ville, but I find it to be very interesting. These guys pushing their physical limits and getting beat up and loving it. It's odd for a gal my age I think to like those kinds of fights. But the whole ticket will last 5 or so hours and that's lots of crochet time! And it gives me and the hub some bonding time.

Love the slippers by the way. I never can get a pair to come out right for me.

:mdust .:: Good Morning ...............

How are you all today? I'm good.

I have a nice little box of goodies going for auntbubbles charity. The slippers I showed you yesterday...

This beanie....

post-18634-135897787219_thumb.jpg

another pair of slippers and a pair of fingerless mitts.

Think I'll work on a couple more beanies today... hmmm:think

have a great day!!!!

:heart

:mug

:mdust .:: Good Morning ...............

How are you all today? I'm good.

I have a nice little box of goodies going for auntbubbles charity. The slippers I showed you yesterday...

This beanie....

[ATTACH]60189[/ATTACH]

another pair of slippers and a pair of fingerless mitts.

Think I'll work on a couple more beanies today... hmmm:think

have a great day!!!!

That is an adorable looking beanie. :manyheart

Sounds like everyone is working away as best they can. I got just a little done on my next hat last night. Went to bed early so didn't get too much done yesterday. Hopefully I can get the hat done today and start something new. I've been thinking about doing some recycled Christmas card ornaments where you crochet around the edges of old card pieces cut out and add a loop at the top to hang them. I would send these along to the troops with the hats for the Warmth for Warriors. Hummm - thinking about that one some more...:think

Hello everyone. I'm slow getting going today. Thought I'd pose a question for everyone. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Whole meal or single dish?

We always had roast turkey with oyster dressing, home-made cranberry sauce, sweet corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Sounds like everyone is working away as best they can. I got just a little done on my next hat last night. Went to bed early so didn't get too much done yesterday. Hopefully I can get the hat done today and start something new. I've been thinking about doing some recycled Christmas card ornaments where you crochet around the edges of old card pieces cut out and add a loop at the top to hang them. Hummm - thinking about that one some more...:think

Those ornaments sound lovely, Cindy.

Welcome, Denise.

Tammy, that's a great beanie.

teakaycee, I love the colors in the hat. My friend looks at all my yarn colors when she comes over and asked for 2 hat/scarf sets. Told me choose colors, though she needed one to go with denim. I made that from Vanna's Choice Denim Mist (boring), and for the other, after several false starts, ended up with solid I Love This Yarn Aubergine, a pretty dark wine red, but I wouldn't call either of them colorful. I decided I needed to throw in a third set with a little more life. I hadn't thought of mostly white with a bright band. Hmmmm..... Back to the drawing board!

Thank you!!! :D

Sounds like everyone is working away as best they can. I got just a little done on my next hat last night. Went to bed early so didn't get too much done yesterday. Hopefully I can get the hat done today and start something new. I've been thinking about doing some recycled Christmas card ornaments where you crochet around the edges of old card pieces cut out and add a loop at the top to hang them. I would send these along to the troops with the hats for the Warmth for Warriors. Hummm - thinking about that one some more...:thinkoh what a lovely idea!!!!

Hello everyone. I'm slow getting going today. Thought I'd pose a question for everyone. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Whole meal or single dish? Well... you see.... I love the whole darn meal!!! But I will say... the cranberry relish that my daddy use to make ... that I now make... is my favorite...due to the memories it brings!!!

We always had roast turkey with oyster dressing, home-made cranberry sauce, sweet corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. YUM!!

Those ornaments sound lovely, Cindy.

Welcome, Denise.

Tammy, that's a great beanie. Thanks hon!

teakaycee, I love the colors in the hat. Thank you!!! It was the scraps left over from the slippers. Used it all up!! :yay... love doing that! My friend looks at all my yarn colors when she comes over and asked for 2 hat/scarf sets. Told me choose colors, though she needed one to go with denim. I made that from Vanna's Choice Denim Mist (boring), and for the other, after several false starts, ended up with solid I Love This Yarn Aubergine, a pretty dark wine red, but I wouldn't call either of them colorful. I decided I needed to throw in a third set with a little more life. I hadn't thought of mostly white with a bright band. Hmmmm..... Back to the drawing board!LOL... I know what you mean... sometimes color choices are such a pain...LOL

DDC you sound like me. I always have a cup or glass of tea in my hand. I have to be very careful.

I am making hat for the hospital Emergency Department. They always have older and younger people come in the department that need hats in the winter or because they are having cemo. I have made hats for 4 years now. Knitted and crocheted and sewn.

Nice hat!Thanks! Is the last row a backward sc?yep... sure is! I never did get the hang of that! Mine is always funny looking! Reverse sc can be tricky sometimes.. its kinda a flick of the wrist.

I could eat mashed potaoes and gravy until I pop. That is my favorite part! LOL... omy

DDC you sound like me. I always have a cup or glass of tea in my hand. I have to be very careful.

I am making hat for the hospital Emergency Department. They always have older and younger people come in the department that need hats in the winter or because they are having cemo. I have made hats for 4 years now. Knitted and crocheted and sewn. VERY NICE!!! :hug

I am making hat for the hospital Emergency Department. They always have older and younger people come in the department that need hats in the winter or because they are having cemo. I have made hats for 4 years now. Knitted and crocheted and sewn.

That's great, Brenda! :cheer

What I find hardest about reverse sc is stopping. I haven't found the trick yet for ending it seamlessly - I always fumble around with that. By the way, I stole from the hat more than a color idea. I was just finishing the red one and used the reverse sc. It looks good, and probably really strengthens the edge that get tugged at all the time. Thanks for that too!

What I find hardest about reverse sc is stopping. I haven't found the trick yet for ending it seamlessly - I always fumble around with that. By the way, I stole from the hat more than a color idea. I was just finishing the red one and used the reverse sc. It looks good, and probably really strengthens the edge that get tugged at all the time. Thanks for that too!

Isnt that what we're all about though... sharing ideas and patterns and and and... :hook

you need to show off what you made!

I wanna see!

I have 3 hats done now. Here are the ones I crocheted using the Team Spirit Red Heart yarn. I added a reverse single crochet edging on the one hat after I saw Teakaycee use it on her cute beanie.

[ATTACH]60211[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60212[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60213[/ATTACH]

:yay........... those are AWESOME!!! love that finished edge.... heheeee :lol

It really is cool ... huh? Just something different and nice on the edge of a beanie once in a while!

I haven't seen that yarn locally,looks alot like the colors I would use

finished the second hat

It's a self-striping yarn but not too sure I like how it's striped in the skein but it was cheap and on sale. I really do like the edging idea that Teakaycee used on her beanie so I copied her. :hook

.:: Okay...........

so on the 1st day of this CAL... I made a pair of slippers and a beanie... which I showed.

Yesterday I made.....

Another pair of slippers....

post-18634-135897787285_thumb.jpg

and this pair of fingerless mitts......

post-18634-135897787292_thumb.jpg

Dont have a pic yet of todays accomplishments.. but I made another beanie and a headband/ear warmer. :hook

So.. If I can keep up with 2 items per day... by the 20th I'll have 10 things to send auntbubbles! Thats not too bad!

so on the 1st day of this CAL... I made a pair of slippers and a beanie... which I showed.

Yesterday I made.....

[ATTACH]60214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60215[/ATTACH]

The slippers and fingerless gloves are so pretty. Nice job! :cheer

I started making the crocheted Christmas ornaments using recycled Christmas cards. I have several done as of tonight. I will take some pictures and post them tomorrow. I'm off to bed. Good night everyone.:night

Good morning all. It's a cool, brisk day here although I do think it's going to be warmer than yesterday. My joints hurt yesterday, so didn't get a whole lot done on anything. I'll try to do better today.

What is your favorite pie to go with Thanksgiving dinner? Mine is pumpkin, followed closely by cherry and blueberry. :D

.................post-9295-135897787303_thumb.jpg

I have 3 hats done now. Here are the ones I crocheted using the Team Spirit Red Heart yarn. I added a reverse single crochet edging on the one hat after I saw Teakaycee use it on her cute beanie.

[ATTACH]60211[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60212[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60213[/ATTACH]

Those are fabulous hats! :clap:clap:clap

Yesterday I made.....

[ATTACH]60214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60215[/ATTACH]

Dont have a pic yet of todays accomplishments.. but I made another beanie and a headband/ear warmer. :hook

So.. If I can keep up with 2 items per day... by the 20th I'll have 10 things to send auntbubbles! Thats not too bad!

WOW!!! You are doing great, Tammy! :clap:clap:clap

The slippers and fingerless gloves are so pretty. Nice job! :cheerThanks so much!!!

I started making the crocheted Christmas ornaments using recycled Christmas cards. I have several done as of tonight. I will take some pictures and post them tomorrow.Oh...cant wait to see. I'm off to bed. Good night everyone.:night

Good morning all. It's a cool, brisk day here although I do think it's going to be warmer than yesterday. My joints hurt yesterday, so didn't get a whole lot done on anything. I'll try to do better today.aww man... I'm so sorry you were hurting yesterday! :hug

What is your favorite pie to go with Thanksgiving dinner? Mine is pumpkin, followed closely by cherry and blueberry. :DYep.. pumpkin .. followed up by apple :)

.................[ATTACH]60217[/ATTACH]

Those are fabulous hats! :clap :clap :clap

WOW!!! You are doing great, Tammy! :clap :clap :clapThanks hon!!! :hook

Archived