November Charity CAL - 11/15 thru 11/20

busy-bee-lmt

Oh, my! :eek Where did the last three weeks go? :think It's time for the monthly get-together to make things for charity. Crocheted :hook, knitted :knit, sew :sew, woven, or what-ever. The items can be for people in need or animals in need, which-ever is your preference.

Often it seems that what one person makes doesn't make much difference in the number of those in need. This is a good way to get together and see that our little bits, when put together with the little bits of others really do make a difference in lots of other's lives.

We welcome everyone. :manyheart We gather for 6 days to creating and chatting to give back a bit of what we have received. Those who have time, whether it's for one day or all six, please join us at this time of thanksgiving. I'll put out some cyber treats for us to enjoy, too. :kettle:cchip Pictures are always welcome and a big source of encouragement and joy and inspiration.

I've got two prayer shawls in the works (crocheted) and a baby quilt started as well. Will be working back and forth between projects and hope to get them all done. :xfin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.::Evening all..........

I think I may jump in on this one this time round.

So let me get this right.... we are using this thread as encouragement to get personal goals done of making some charity items. yes?

Lets say there is a family that I would like to make a crocheted item for ... for each one of the family as they are struggling a bit right now... would that work?

Or making stocking caps for my church daycare/sunday school kids that are in need?

This would be a good way to keep me focused on getting these things done.

okay... off to crochet on my ripple'ghan that is in need of getting done for the auction.

:heart

:mug

Tammy, those sound like excellent ideas and well within what we do.

Welcome to all of you. If you want to start a little early or continue a little after is fine too. :devil

I'm in, more or less. I have to finish up at least two hats and a scarf I promised to a friend - I'll be seeing her next Tuesday and should have had them done before now. But as soon as I whip out those (fingers crossed on the whipping part), I'll be back to the standard lapghans. I have one in progress I'll continue working on. There's probably no hope of finishing it, but who knows? Maybe. I would like to have that one done and then I can be off to something new. The bummer is that I won't be able to check in after Sunday. I have no internet at home right now and I'm off all next week -- hooray! I love you all, but I'd rather be off :lol

At any rate, picture me doing at least something for charity.

I'm in, more or less. I have to finish up at least two hats and a scarf I promised to a friend - I'll be seeing her next Tuesday and should have had them done before now. But as soon as I whip out those (fingers crossed on the whipping part), I'll be back to the standard lapghans. I have one in progress I'll continue working on. There's probably no hope of finishing it, but who knows? Maybe. I would like to have that one done and then I can be off to something new. The bummer is that I won't be able to check in after Sunday. I have no internet at home right now and I'm off all next week -- hooray! I love you all, but I'd rather be off :lol

At any rate, picture me doing at least something for charity.

Don't worry about it, Donna. Post your totals when you can and I'll add them in then.

Tammy, those sound like excellent ideas and well within what we do.

Welcome to all of you. If you want to start a little early or continue a little after is fine too. :devil

:yay......

I'll get my list written and get busy! :hook

Count me in too. I'm working on hats for the Warmth for Warrior hat drive. I got some of that Team Spirit Red Heart yarn on sale so will be making a few hats for non-combat troops with it. I have one started today so I'm cheating a bit but for the good of a charity, its all good, right? :devil

Changed my mind. I'm going to let the WIP sit, and start another one I've been wanting to do. I have a LOT of white Caron One Pound - I'm not sure how so much piled up. I've been thinking of doing of a round ripple mostly white with narrow bands of bright green, blue, purple. Now I'm itching to start it, so after the obligatory stuff, that's what I'll be doing.

It really shouldn't take long to finish the other things. Wanting to start something new will be an incentive.

Good morning! It's brisk outside, but the leaves are in their glory here in Georgia. A truly fall day. That said, it started me thinking of hot apple cider and gingerbread cookies. So I found some to share with you.

post-9295-135897786628_thumb.jpg

I'm going to be working on a prayer shawl for my friend, Melissa, this morning.

Count me in too. I'm working on hats for the Warmth for Warrior hat drive. I got some of that Team Spirit Red Heart yarn on sale so will be making a few hats for non-combat troops with it. I have one started today so I'm cheating a bit but for the good of a charity, its all good, right? :devil

Absolutely! And that's a great cause. :cheer

Changed my mind. I'm going to let the WIP sit, and start another one I've been wanting to do. I have a LOT of white Caron One Pound - I'm not sure how so much piled up. I've been thinking of doing of a round ripple mostly white with narrow bands of bright green, blue, purple. Now I'm itching to start it, so after the obligatory stuff, that's what I'll be doing.

It really shouldn't take long to finish the other things. Wanting to start something new will be an incentive.

Oh, Donna, the new RR sounds gorgeous. Can't wait to see it. :cheer I don't use a lot of white, because I always seem to spill things on it that leave stains. :blush Just call me clutz.

post-9295-135897786625_thumb.jpg

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ Good Morning............

Well... I think I'm going to spend this week getting items made and mailed off to auntbubbles for her Hurricane Sandy Charity Drive.

I can make slippers or beanies or scarves for that family I want to make for in plenty of time for Christmas.

So............ I have a busy day ahead of me of crocheting :hook! :yay

I would never make anything white for myself because I usually have a cup of tea at hand, and it would be at risk, but if I give it to someone else, I'm not responsible for future accidents :lol I try to be really careful when I'm actually crocheting white. However there was a sad case recently where I had a white and turquoise lapghan started and dropped it on the floor. Walking back to the chair with said cup of tea I tripped over my own feet. Of course it missed the dismal apartment carpet and splashed on the crochet. Instant landfill.

I think white is very boring to work too so usually use it only as an accent color, but I thought I would try this. I have enough white to make several like that if it turns out well.

I would never make anything white for myself because I usually have a cup of tea at hand, and it would be at risk, but if I give it to someone else, I'm not responsible for future accidents :lol I try to be really careful when I'm actually crocheting white. However there was a sad case recently where I had a white and turquoise lapghan started and dropped it on the floor. Walking back to the chair with said cup of tea I tripped over my own feet. Of course it missed the dismal apartment carpet and splashed on the crochet. Instant landfill.

I think white is very boring to work too so usually use it only as an accent color, but I thought I would try this. I have enough white to make several like that if it turns out well.

Oh, Donna. That sounds so like something I would do. :lol Although I did do an all white prayer shawl in July. And I have enough of that yarn left to do another one. :blush

Working on blankets for NICU again, still....they called with request. Still trying to finish the last third of a "second slipper" that has been staring at me for weeks. Kind of lost my place when I put it down. Am working extra hours until the end of the year and trying not to complain but it sure cuts into my crochet time. Seems I fall asleep in my chair every time I sit down to crochet.

.::Goooooooooooood Morning................

hope all is well with everyone!

well.. yesterday I managed to get a pair of slippers done for my charity.

I have a beanie 3 rows shy of being done too.

I'm going to finish up my ripple'ghan for the school auction today... then make another pair of slippers for my charity.

This is FUN! I need to join these CAL's more often! :hook

here is a pic of the slippers I have done

post-18634-135897787074_thumb.jpg

have a great day everyone!!!

I'm going to finish up my ripple'ghan for the school auction today... then make another pair of slippers for my charity.

[ATTACH]60139[/ATTACH]

Your slippers are so cute. I love the color and the stitch-look you used. :cheer I agree these charity blast CALs are wonderful and are such a motivator.

I finished another hat last night and just have the first round of another one started. I used a J hook on the last Got Spirit hat and only used about half the skein of the Team Spirit Red Heart yarn. I'm going to try and squeeze out another hat from that skein. Hope there is enough :think

Happy stitching to all of you today. I'm off to work this morning.

Your slippers are so cute. I love the color and the stitch-look you used. :cheer I agree these charity blast CALs are wonderful and are such a motivator. Thank you!!!

Well... you know... for all my good intensions... I cant seem to get charity stuff out like I want... with this.. its motivating to get as much done in the short time... then I'm done till the next time. I think this will work better for me to get things done that I so desire to!

I finished another hat last night and just have the first round of another one started. I used a J hook on the last Got Spirit hat and only used about half the skein of the Team Spirit Red Heart yarn. I'm going to try and squeeze out another hat from that skein. Hope there is enough :think

crossing my fingers for ya... that you have enough yarn! :hook Hats are fun... they are quick and very useful!

Happy stitching to all of you today. I'm off to work this morning.

Good morning! I've been out running errands (grocery shopping for one.) Now that my larder is restocked it is time to get to work on charity items. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished this afternoon.

[ATTACH]60139[/ATTACH]

Beautiful slippers, Tammy.

With Thanksgiving next week, I'm taking time to think about all I have to thankful for. And near the top of the list is Crochetville and all the wonderful friends I've made here. You ladies are the greatest. :ghug And returning health is another. Friends and family. My little dog, Sweet Pea. The chance to give to others in need.

post-9295-135897787091_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]60139[/ATTACH]

Those are very cute slippers.

I've made a couple of squares.

I'm not making as much forward progress as I hoped with the things I have to make (non-charity) by Tuesday, mostly because I'm tired and just sit holding it on my lap and watching my finches instead, completely zoned out. So I probably won't get much, if anything done for this CAL this month. But I'll be following all of you.

Those are cute slippers. I keep wanting to make some for me, but just never get around to it.

Those are very cute slippers. Thanks!!

I've made a couple of squares. good job!

Good morning! I've been out running errands (grocery shopping for one.) Now that my larder is restocked it is time to get to work on charity items. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished this afternoon. how'd ya do? get anything made?

Beautiful slippers, Tammy. Thank you!!

With Thanksgiving next week, I'm taking time to think about all I have to thankful for. And near the top of the list is Crochetville and all the wonderful friends I've made here. You ladies are the greatest. :ghug And returning health is another. Friends and family. My little dog, Sweet Pea. The chance to give to others in need. love ya honey!!! :hug

I'm not making as much forward progress as I hoped with the things I have to make (non-charity) by Tuesday, mostly because I'm tired and just sit holding it on my lap and watching my finches instead, completely zoned out. So I probably won't get much, if anything done for this CAL this month. But I'll be following all of you. aww.. its all good.. you can be our cheerleader! :cheer

Those are cute slippers. I keep wanting to make some for me, but just never get around to it. Thanks... they are super easy!

didn't get here yesterday,grocery shopping and getting finished up with a pkg.for NY

I got one scarf finished up last nite,pulled some hats from the 100,to give some warmth and comfort for NY'ers,so this time around I'll be doing hats to make back up the 100 total,that will be donated locally in Dec.

Archived