Teddy Bear with a Bow Afghan Pattern

candiwv_

Question

Someone asked me to recreate an afghan that their grandma made them. It got burnt in a fire. The only thing that I could really tell from the pieces left was that it was a graphgan. They said it was a bear with a bow. If anyone can send me to something similar to this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

Those are cute! But not what I am looking for. Thank you though! It needs to be one big bear done in tunisian, single or half double in a graph style pattern.

Withoout a photo, it's hard to find something unless it was very popular for it's time.

Was it possibly this ghan on ebay? It's the only one I've seen with a coral type bow and cream background.

I made a baby afghan back in 1979 using a kit that I purchased from a Herrschner's catalog. It was done in 3 panels using yellow sport weight yarn in afghan stitch (tunisian) with the center panel wider than the 2 side panels. A large teddy in a sitting position was cross stitched on the center panel and the 2 side panels were cross stitched in pink (I think) diamonds or squares all the way down it. I believe that the panels were connected using a lacy-like stitch if I remember correctly.

Does this sound like the afghan that you are speaking of?

No, this is not cross stitched. Thank you though! I may have to just find a graph to do it. It was a rectangle afghan (might even be knitted, but just looking for something close to do in crochet) with a green border, brown bear, and a coral bow on a cream colored background. Of course, the colors were probably changed. I can make it anyway I want, but really wanted to come close to the afghan her grandma made her.

Archived