How do you hold a crochet hook?

LadyTwilyte

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more of a B than anything. But I think I hold mine like you'd hold a steak knife...if that makes any sense...lol.

I'm an A:hook I hold the Tunisian with B:cheer Jacqui

Yeah, I also hold the Tunisian hook B-style although I'm an A.

Now I'm curious if anyone at all holds the Tunisian hook the A way?

C: thumb extended more and hand closed more with the needle/hook in the first knuckle joint and a padded etension on the back end of the needle/hook.

but closest to B:

Yes! This is how I hold hooks too!:hook

I am more like this but with the hook up, and my tension is pretty even.

C: thumb extended more and hand closed more with the needle/hook in the first knuckle joint and a padded etension on the back end of the needle/hook.

but closest to B:

oh, forgot to answer this question too, sorry...my work is pretty loose...unless I'm working with thread and it's small work like making a leaf or something like that...a lacey doilie will come out a bit loose, but otherwise a bit tighter...but with yarn, looser, just right for me anyway.

I use the B position but it is damaging the tendons in my arm. My stitches are very tight and require a hook two sizes above stated. Need to find hooks with adaptors to make them "fatter" to require less tension on the tendon. Any ideas?

I'm an "A" unless I'm doing tunisian, then I switch without thinking about it. Just seems to work better that way for that.

Archived