How do you hold a crochet hook?

LadyTwilyte

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hold it like B, and am a fairly tight crocheter. There is absolutely NO way I could hold it like A! I think part of the reason is that I'm left-handed, but taught myself to crochet right-handed, so the idea of holding a crochet hook in my right hand like I would a pencil would be on par with dancing on top of an elephant difficulty-wise. :P

I'm a 'B' too:hook When my grandmother was teaching me, she tried to get me to hold it in the 'A' position but it was so hard for me to keep the tension constant :blush I must say though that she could go really fast the way she held the hook :D

I guess you could say I hold mine like a C. It's the way I learned. I recently had a friend tell me I crochet like a truckdriver with the way I hold my hook (whatever that's supposed to mean). I can't hold it any other way. I feel like I have less control when I do. My stitches are even but on the tight side.

I'm a B...I'm glad to see others that hold the hook like I do. I've had crocheters tell me I hold my hook wrong, but I can crochet rings around them. When my mother was teaching me to crochet, my hand would cramp. So she told me to hold the hook in whatever was the most comfortable for me. I was never one for going by the book, even in cooking. :devil

I'm a neither. I grip my hook in my palm like it's the only thing keeping me from falling over the edge of a cliff. It's not pretty, but it's the grip that hurts my wrist the least. :hook

I am an A, and I think my stitches are even but not too tight.

Actually I'm a modified A, holding the hook more like a flute than a pencil, if that make sense....

Archived