Hats for FISH

pb&j

Here's a hat I made from a pattern from Lion Brand. After joining the yarn swap I got to thinking about yarn...yarn stash...destashing...small projects...projects for charity. Not an original idea but thought I could use some leftover yarn to make warm winter hats, scarves and perhaps mittens for my church's FISH closet.

Link to Lion Brand: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cctq-hatScarf.html

resize-white-chenille-hat.jpg

Cute little hat - but what's a FISH closet? When I saw 'hats for fish,' I thought, 'this I gotta see...' :lol

:lol Yes, FISH closet must sound quite amusing...hats for fish?! The FISH closet at our church is a little room where you can leave a bag of gently used or new clothing for donation, kind of like Goodwill but the church doesn't sell the used items, only distributes them to families in need in the community.

I think they use the term "fish" as in loaves and fishes. A lot of churches call their meals on wheels programs, loaves and fishes. I thought maybe it was a universal term but I guess not! :lol

Darling hat and a great idea for your church's fish project. My church does the same thing but our is called the Lighthouse Ministry.:)

Lynn

When I saw 'hats for fish,' I thought, 'this I gotta see...' :lol

I thought the same thing. How on earth could you catch the little guys to put the hats on them? *giggle* animal0083.gif

Seriously, though, it is a great idea. I'll be glad when I can find a good church.

Archived