help me name this yarn please!!!

melindascrochetbits

So I was digging through my stash this morning and found a bag of this yarn that I picked up at the thrift store awhile back.

It is nicely stored in a stapled zip lock bag and I may have enough to make a baby to lap sized blanket with it.

Only problem is, there was no yarn label with it! I have tried researching it and I think it is lion brand hometown but am not sure.I have seen this type yarn before but for some reason I just can't think of the name of it.

It is a very soft, bulky yarn of some sort.

I guess I could just go down to Walmart of hobby lobby and look around until I found it but thought I would try here first.

Thanks for your yarn-pertise!( yarn + expertise) :lol

post-5228-135897784687_thumb.jpg

Probably Hometown (Homespun is the loopy stuff). It's about double worsted weight and soft.

Just happened to think--if it's not Hometown, it could be Softee Chunky or Simply Soft Chunky. Sure looks like Hometown, though. I didn't realize they had more purples that it might be, like Portland Wine or Rocky Mountain. Also, I don't see Baltimore now. Hmm. Most of the Hometown solids are NFL team colors.

thanks! I will get a pic as soon as my batteries charge for my camera.

I was just trying to figure out what kind of yarn it is so that I could find something to make with it and a stitch to use that won't make it so heavy.

I tried a granny square but to me I thought it was too heavy so I frogged it.

Thanks for the help.

It may have been in someone else's stash for quite a while before it got to the thrift store. Hometown is a relatively recent yarn. I wonder if it might be Aunt Lydia's rug yarn or something similar. That is a soft bulky yarn too. Just a side road to go down. :)

Usually, the best thing you can do is take it to the yarn store. It's really hard to try to figure out what it is from a picture.

I don't like granny squares with heavy yarn either - I think the holes are too big.

I know where my LB Hometown USA is, so I just checked it. Your picture looks just like the Minneapolis Purple. It's super bulky.

Archived