Hurricane Sandy

auntbubbels

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you said the deadline is mid December, but I was wondering if you have an actual date? That would just help me out so much more.

I really haven't given it much thought, but if you send it after I am able to donate it, my friend will be able to do it for me. So no pressure for you

I have a box half full. I knew that someday I would find a use for all those scarves and hats I made, "just to try out a pattern", or to use up bits of yarn.

I am currently making fleece mittens to add to the box. I sew a lot, and have a lot of small pieces of fleece that I have been saving. Since mittens don't take much fabric, I decided to make those out of the fleece. I know you said knitted and crocheted items, so I hope these will be acceptable. I can make a pair of fleece mittens in 30 minutes or so, but it takes me a long time to knit or crochet a pair.

I should have my box out to you in the next day or two. I ended up back in the hospital for a couple of days, so that set me back making things since I didn't have my hooks and yarn this time. I'll let you know for sure when they go out. It's not as much as I had hope, but every little bit helps, I hope...

I was almost done with the scarf tonight. I had only like 20 or so stitches left. Then guess what happened. I ran out of yarn. I don't have anymore of that yarn. I just find it last week while cleaning out my bedroom closet. So very sorry.

Maybe you can ask the gals here and if they have the same yarn, they can send it to you.

Or you can make a smaller scarf for a child

I should have my box out to you in the next day or two. I ended up back in the hospital for a couple of days, so that set me back making things since I didn't have my hooks and yarn this time. I'll let you know for sure when they go out. It's not as much as I had hope, but every little bit helps, I hope...

Oh anything you send will be most appreciated :cheer

And I hope you are all better :hug

I just mailed a box out today... BUT I forgot to stick the note in it to say who its from... I also sent you a book to take south with you that I just finished... if you've read it just pass it on! Hugs!

Oh how sweet of you - I will let you know when I get it

thanks again and again

I had started another scarf for you last night. Well then today I went looking on the net for my yarn and found it on the red heart site. I posted on here asking if anyone had any and I just got a message. So the one I started last night I'm gonna give to another cause on here if thats ok. I will send the one I had already started when I get the yarn and get it finished. Hope you like it. If you wanna see the yarn I used on the scarf for you click on the link. Scroll all the way down it's on the last row on the left. It's called ocean. http://www.shopredheart.com/default.aspx?PageID=62&CategoryID=4&ProductID=1969&RootCatCode=01000

Well... its not anywhere near how well everyone else is doing sending you goodies...

I have been so busy with so many other projects... :whew

I did get that Ripple'ghan done for my sons Jr Class

I got an order for Husker Football beanies done and out

I also got and order for dishcloths done and out...

I joined the November Charity CAL to help stay focused on stuff for you for this week.....

and this is all I have so far.............

Slippers

post-18634-135897787241_thumb.jpg

Beanie

post-18634-135897787244_thumb.jpg

Slippers 2

post-18634-135897787248_thumb.jpg

Fingerless Mitts

post-18634-135897787251_thumb.jpg

Well... its not anywhere near how well everyone else is doing sending you goodies...

I have been so busy with so many other projects... :whew

I did get that Ripple'ghan done for my sons Jr Class

I got an order for Husker Football beanies done and out

I also got and order for dishcloths done and out...

I joined the November Charity CAL to help stay focused on stuff for you for this week.....

and this is all I have so far.............

Slippers

[ATTACH]60197[/ATTACH]

Beanie

[ATTACH]60198[/ATTACH]

Slippers 2

[ATTACH]60199[/ATTACH]

Fingerless Mitts

[ATTACH]60200[/ATTACH]

Are you kidding me - you are sending me so much - thank you over and over - you are the best :hug:hug:hug

Are you kidding me - you are sending me so much - thank you over and over - you are the best :hug:hug:hug

aww... thanks hon! :hug

I have till the 20th in the CAL to make stuff for you... crossing my fingers I can get alot in! :hook

Archived