Hurricane Sandy

auntbubbels

Ladies and gents:

I would like to donate as many crocheted or knitted items on behalf of the survivors of Hurricane Sandy.

If you would like to make a scarf, hat, gloves or an afghan, you can send it to me and I will donate in on behalf of Crochetville.

There are so many places set up in my neighborhood to accept donations. Monday I will take a ride to Costco and go on a shopping spree so I can help out.

If you want to donate an item, please PM me and I will send you my home address.

Thank you

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would LOVE to make some hats!! I'll get some started & then PM you for your address!! I will also go ahead & mark what size they are on my removeable tags so people will know :)

I'd like to do something too. Not sure what yet. I just finished a throw for my daughter, have started another for my youngest son, and still have two other sons to complete projects for by Christmas. But I think I can squeeze something else in. Probably a few scarves as they don't take too long. :)

Sandy

I could try and see what I can do from this side of the pond if you want Janet. Found myself a group of crochet and knitting Mum's on another forum. I'm sure I could get something running.

I could try and see what I can do from this side of the pond if you want Janet. Found myself a group of crochet and knitting Mum's on another forum. I'm sure I could get something running.

I would love to receive something from you, but be careful of the cost of shipping. I know its so expensive to ship internationally :hug

The need is so great - I'm on the South Jersey Shore (near Atlantic City) - we had no damage - but AC and surrounding areas are devastated. Our group is collecting hats & scarves to donate to the Atlantic City Rescue Mission. It turned really cold today.

Will you take crocheted granny squares and grannies daughters? Can you pm me your address?

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to sew the squares together.

But thanks for offering

I'll make hats and scarves. I decided I'll do this instead of Christmas gifts. None of us really needs another thing anyway. I'm so excited ~ I'm going to start right away tonight!

Please pm me your address because although I think I have it, I don't know where my little notebook of addresses is right now. Thank you.

I'll make hats and scarves. I decided I'll do this instead of Christmas gifts. None of us really needs another thing anyway. I'm so excited ~ I'm going to start right away tonight!

Please pm me your address because although I think I have it, I don't know where my little notebook of addresses is right now. Thank you.

I am so excited how everyone is responding. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :hug

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to sew the squares together.

But thanks for offering

I'm so sorry! I just do not have the time to make more than a few squares. Will try to make a scarf, but don't count on it. I don't have the monatery resources to send a whole afghan either.

I'm so sorry! I just do not have the time to make more than a few squares. Will try to make a scarf, but don't count on it. I don't have the monatery resources to send a whole afghan either.

Don't worry about it - :hug:hug:hug

I have one scarf done, will start on second one today. Will probably make four or five. Haven't decided. Hubby is on vacation this week and it depends on what we end up doing.

Sandy

Yeah!!!!

I got my first hat half done last night! I'm going to try to crochet on hats and scarves every night.

Piscescrocheter gave me four hats for this cause,I'm on the last 15" of a 45" scarf,got some yummy looking yarn at Michaels today,and hopefully it will make a nice 55-60" scarf.its the bulky that was on special for 1.99

my plan is to ship them to you on the 15th

Archived