Hurricane Sandy

auntbubbels

Piscescrocheter gave me four hats for this cause,I'm on the last 15" of a 45" scarf,got some yummy looking yarn at Michaels today,and hopefully it will make a nice 55-60" scarf.its the bulky that was on special for 1.99

my plan is to ship them to you on the 15th

I am so excited about the generosity of everyone :cheer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finished the first scarf,it was to be 3 sections of 15",first two sections went well,third section was going to come up short,of course its a color thats no longer available,other colors were way off,hubby suggested to do 7 & 1/2 in each of the two colors,so that scarf will be aptly named the long and the short of it,lol.started the second one,oh no,its one you have to do by feel,in a dark den I couldn't see the dark colors very well.but got past the hard part and now its coming along nicely.

I thought of something. I'm going to make adult sizes only, because children can wear adult sizes in a pinch, but not the other way around.

I work in a nursing home and have bags upon bags of yarn some of the residents have given me. It is all in very good shape even though most of it is old, it is clean and does not smell. I have not really done much with it because there is not many skeins of one color. I have skeins of this and that. Hats and scarves would be perfect and the ladies in the home would love to hear what I am using it for! I may have read over it but do you have a deadline when you are wanting these. I would love to help!

I thought of something. I'm going to make adult sizes only, because children can wear adult sizes in a pinch, but not the other way around.

Very good idea, and you are right, I think a one size fits all would be a good way to go, and we can get them done and sent out to them faster rather having to size them all. I may throw in a few newborn ones though.

I work in a nursing home and have bags upon bags of yarn some of the residents have given me. It is all in very good shape even though most of it is old, it is clean and does not smell. I have not really done much with it because there is not many skeins of one color. I have skeins of this and that. Hats and scarves would be perfect and the ladies in the home would love to hear what I am using it for! I may have read over it but do you have a deadline when you are wanting these. I would love to help!

My deadline would be mid December - I am sure they are going to accept items after that, but I won't be able to deliver them.

Thanks for helping out

Hi, im in, got a few things in the works, so if you would kindly send me your address, Ill get them off to you as soon as I can, might be next week, but Ill get them to you. Crocheters, and knitters too for that matter, are certainly a generous and giving bunch!

Hi Janet, I've got a couple of hats made for you. I'm hoping to make a couple scarves and possibly a couple more hats. We'll see how my stamina holds out. If I don't feel well enough to do more I'll send what I have, but fingers crossed for more! :hook Please send me your addy! Thanks! :hug

I went down the basement to look at the hot water heater and see if I could figure out why I don't have any heat and there was a huge box outside my mail box. I have no idea why I don't have heat, but when I opened this package, I got warm all over.

There are many hats, scarves and gloves and each is labeled who it is for.

I couldn't believe the amount of goodies this wonderful fairy godmother ansept from NC sent to me.

If I don't get any heat, I may have to wear some of them!!!!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are a wonderful giving person. I will post a pic in a while.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

post-2636-13589778572_thumb.jpg

My Auntie, next door to me, just gave me 3 scarves she crocheted to send along with my crochet. After I told her what we were doing, she went into her bin of done items, and had 3 finished scarves for "just in case". She gave them to me to send, plus started on a new one!

My Auntie, next door to me, just gave me 3 scarves she crocheted to send along with my crochet. After I told her what we were doing, she went into her bin of done items, and had 3 finished scarves for "just in case". She gave them to me to send, plus started on a new one!

Say thanks to your auntie - I have two different places that I am going to donate the goodies to - I will let you all know where they go once I bring them.

Again, thanks so much for doing this

Hi! I know when you have flood waters in your house that you are not supposed to use any of the linens, etc. So if you could pm me your address, I will send some dishcloths I have made and a few hats.

Hi! I know when you have flood waters in your house that you are not supposed to use any of the linens, etc. So if you could pm me your address, I will send some dishcloths I have made and a few hats.

great idea - thank you sooo much :hug:hug:hug

getting a small box full of goodies for you, probably mail out the end of next week. I tagged the hats, in size anyways, with well wishes for a quick recovery for all. Hope that is ok.. thanks for all your doing......

nebraska cares!

Thank you sooo much :cheer:cheer:hug:hug

If you are still in need........... I'll get a box put together this week for you!!!

As my lovely neighbor said.... Nebraska cares! :hug

:heart

:mug

My 1st hat and scarf are finished. My 2nd hat is finished and the scarf is 3/4 done. I picked up the 3 scarves from Auntie. My sister has a couple hats finished. We're just going to keep working.

Archived