Elder Care “Warm Shoulders” Capelet

Jayashiangel

First the pictures don't the project justice I got the pattern here do to a few issues (hard to get a picture & not enough bed space-camera ratio) and well the color (red/orange/purple) doesn't show right :think I also chose to do XX-XXX LG (22-28) since I was worried that the pattern would be too small for unknown user of said wrap & Used the L hook.. Rows 13-Row 18 I did a total of 17 rows instead just 5 to make it longer to keep someones arms warmer just below the elbow

post-35509-135897784648_thumb.jpg

post-35509-135897784651_thumb.jpg

Very pretty. I make lapghans for hospice and have wondered if they would like shawls too. This cape pattern looks perfect so I think I'll check with them and see.

I bookmarked the pattern. Thanks for sharing it.

I think the idea of making these longer is good too. I wear shawls around the house when it's cold, but my favorite shorter one ends up being replaced by a longer, over the elbow length.

Wonderful project and I just donated a wheelchair shawl to my local nursing home. I also do lapghans for them but I asked this time what they needed more and she said that the shawls and wheelchair type wraps are really useful and needed most. The nurse said they get lots of blankets but these wraps are really in demand.

Wonderful project and I just donated a wheelchair shawl to my local nursing home. I also do lapghans for them but I asked this time what they needed more and she said that the shawls and wheelchair type wraps are really useful and needed most. The nurse said they get lots of blankets but these wraps are really in demand.

Thanks for the update on this topic :cheerThis is why asking (if you can is always best) plus it allows you to try out a few other types of shawl patterns as well :O) and keep a few people warmer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived