does your stash look like this?

hey, that's not bad---my husband would be overjoyed if that was all that i had stashed. i currently have 4 large plastic tubs full of yarn, two sets of drawers full of yarn, and a corner filled with wip's. you should maybe go yarn shopping--haha:lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what my stash looked like a couple of weeks ago...it has grown by at least twice as much since then...the basket is overflowing and I just bought LOT more today, lol:

OddsandEnds002Resized.jpg

My stash is 4 large Rubbermaid containers, very unorganized.

Last month while on vacation, a crocheting friend and I entered a new-to-us yarn shop in a small Oregon town. We both were immediately afflicted with two of the 7 deadly sins -- lust and envy. Not to mention breaking that commandment about "Thou shalt not covet." It was the ultimate, dream yarn-stash!

Ranieannie

That's all there is??? That's not so bad! My stash was so bad DH bought me furniture so I could organize it all. I still haven't taken pictures of the my books, magazines, printouts, etc. To see what I'm talking about here's some of my photos.....couldn't even fit them all on one page.

Stash Photos 1

Stash Photos 2

Stash Photos 3

I WIN! :devil

:nworthy

You have more yarn than my local Wal-Mart and Michaels put together!

no one knows what I have for a stash, I keep it in the trunk of the car:devil

so when they see what I have in the house it looks sooooo small:blush

My sweet hubby is an enabler of my habit!!! lol I have 2 totes in the closet. A coffee table (closet under) FULL!!! plus what I have out for projects and oh I almost forgot the large trash bag in the basement of our motor home!!! lol I did forget that until now. I tried deperately to organize with colors and types. Ahhh phewy. It never stays neat. Altough I do rotate what I have and I will be out of yarn by the end of the year. But husband helps and does buy me yarn when he sees it at sales or on free cycle. then there are the ones he buys for me because he saw the twinkle in my eye!!!:hug

Oh wow, at least your yarn stash is semi-neat. I hide my stash, not from DH either. I hide it from my kitty cats. Those 4 are yarn chaos on 4 legs. And I think my 3 human kids are tired of our weekly chore of yarn untangling. My youngest did give me a binder to keep all my patterns in so those are very organized. But it is about time to go to a bigger folder. Also, pencil pouches work to hold all my hooks, except the long ones, but those fit in the binder through one of the pencil bands. So I am not really disorganized, just all tangled. :cat Tonya

Not bad at all. When I was growing up, my grandma lived with us, and she didn't have a yarn stash - she had a yarn CLOSET. Her bedroom had two closets. One held clothes, the other craft supplies, most notably yarn. Grandma had skeins, balls, clumps and tangles of every yarn and thread weight, every color, every brand, all tucked into boxes, tote bags, old suitcases, grocery bags, etc.

Unfortunately, when we went through it years later most of it had to be tossed out. My mom had a stash of her own about half that size, but we sorted through it and tossed a lot when she moved last year.

I'm beginning my own, too. I started asking around for yarn leftovers so I could use them to make granny squares for charity projects, and have collected quite a bit. Plus I tend to over-buy for every project, and usually have 3-4 projects in the works at any time. At the moment my stash is confined to 2 large plastic bins plus one copy paper box filled with a project in process.

And also, does anyone collect canvas tote bags, knowing they come in handy for storing and toting projects in process? I have at least 20, and half of those contain unfinished projects!

Looks impressive...I've been feeling my stash has been getting a bit out of hand, but really it's not...most of it is earmarked for some kind of project. I was going a bit crazy with it all because it was in several bags around my couch (now there's just two bags by the couch, but crochet paraphenalia on the coffee table) until my DH cleared out some of his stuff from my sewing room...then I organized (sort of) the yarn in the baskets on the shelves in there.

And I was feeling guilty about wanting to buy some more crochet books...I have several...but not as many as you have...

Very nice stash of yarn there...

Actually, my stash is in a cedar chest, in baskets, in tote bags, in boxes...everywhere!!! Plus, I'm bidding on more yarn on E-bay. My husband has to add an addition onto the house soon!!! :devil

Hope

It's a good thing I don't do Ebay very often...and when I do, it's only for Barbie related things...DH is already worried with my Joann.com habit as it is...

:blush weeelllllllll, i dont mind admitting i have a yarn stash that is slowly getting out of control. we just moved and we are waiting til i get shelves so i can stack all my fabric, and yarn neatly in the sewing room {which is the former dining room}. my poor boyfriend cant understand completely the power that yarn has over me.... sigh:c9 yarn......

Thank you Ladies & Gentlemen you have totally inspired me to go get all my stash and put it away in the containers I purchased. :hug

I have been putting it off for the longest time and I really don't have as much as you all do....

Yahoo Site Of My Photo's

You can view them there if you like as well as a few item I took picutres of.

I've only been doing this 1 year and I'm really just learning. I have only mastered 2 stitches so far but they have been keeping me busy.

Now I just have to find a place to put the large containers, :eek

:think

I'd also like to thank you all for such a wonderful board. I can see by what I have read so far I will be learning alot.

Have a great day!

I have enough yarn and wips to fill our spare room all in bags and plastic boxes and fruit cartons. Then i have half our garage full of fleeces and spinning stuff as well! I'm glad i don't have a camera at the moment cause the only thing i feel guilty about is the mess its in ! ha ha ha!

Well, I guess I am going to have to join the group with my addiction to the fuzzy stuff :hook.

Mine is like diamonds, but not near as organized :P

http://photobucket.com/albums/a284/kahud48/?action=view&current=e52f1cc8.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a284/kahud48/?action=view&current=mystash.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a284/kahud48/?action=view&current=mystash001.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a284/kahud48/?action=view&current=mystash1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a284/kahud48/?action=view&current=mystash002.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a284/kahud48/?action=view&current=mystash2.jpg

A box full of baby yarns, and yarn in the boxes on bookshelf---and crochet books---and a bag of simply soft:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a284/kahud48/?action=view&current=mystash003.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kahud48/49203099/

Button's, ribbon rug yarns etc. here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kahud48/49203097/

THIS IS THE WHOLE LOT AT FLICKR:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kahud48/sets/1068658/

:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

Now, if someone would just stop by and help me get it better organized.

P.S. Been on-line shopping again :P. Got a bunch comeing from threeolivemartini (over $230 :devil).

And just ordered some more today ($234.50) from another one of my ebay favorite sellers.

Aren't I bad :devil :devil :devil.

Now I have GOT TO GET BUSY

and start selling something (you know hubby's, I told him that I had something in mind to make and sell with them, so he would let me get them).

Now I Have To Sell Something :lol.

:laughroll

most of my stash is sharing room in the closet (I only have two rubbermaid bins :blush) but I am really excited about the idea of turning the guest room into a craft room :devil

I'm laughing because as soon as the first of my kids moved out, I moved right in there to convert the room to a "craft room"... no "Leave it to Beaver - come home after 20 years to find your posters still on the wall" syndrome here! :2nono

I actually moved most of my stuff down from the "kids room turned craft room/office" to our "formal" living room this past weekend - my hubby thought I'd be happier with an inspiring place downstairs as we both like to be in the same room together when we are home and as such, I never go upstairs to work. I still occupy about 2/3 of the walk in closet up there and have quilts (all WIPS) hanging on the walls, but now I have the most wonderful little corner of the living room. We already had a large bookshelf like wall unit thing that is now filled with my old bottle collection, craft/quilting and crochet books, baskets of notions and, of course, yarn. In the narrow space between the bookshelf and the wall are stacked 4 13"x15" baskets, wedged in so the tops face out, crammed full of novelty yarns (all organized by color) and on top, two large plastic totes facing out are also full of yarn. My cones of yarn are also on the top of the bookcase. Next to the bookcase on the floor is a roughly 34" tall x 14" square muslin lined wire hamper crammed full of my wool yarns for felting (I just love to play with that yarn!). Also sitting on the floor are 2 more of the 13"x15" baskets - one contains odds and ends of yarn from 1/2 skeins to little bits and balls (cat discovered that one and loves it!), the other contains some of my WIPs... :cat

When we got done setting it up, we both had to sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy! Hubby said he felt like he was in some cozy little shop somewhere... It was nice to bring all the yarn out of the closet and display it - it really is beautiful! And, now that it's out in the open for the world to see, I guess I'll have to keep any empty spots from showing as I use up the yarn... buy buying more yarn!!!:devil

One of these days I'll try to post some pics - I really am so please with how it turned out. It is an inspiring little corner of my world!

Mare

I love your stash. I tend to have things here and there for my yarn, all types, all kinds, in baskets, sacks, bags and boxes... Have you found a good system for organization????? Oh, please do share. I think one day my stash may take over my apartment.

Archived