does your stash look like this?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK We just moved this weekend and I now know exactly what I have and I'm so embarassed! I don't even have it all here yet and it has filled a very deep closet except for a shelf of china and a long narrow shelf of photo boxes. My hubby would shoot me! I've managed to keep it in several locations and not let the same person help me move it every time so noone really knows. :blush

The floor of my bedroom closet is full of bags with yarn, a laundry basket full, and a couple back packs full. NO ORGANIZATION!!! I have just recently started more than one project a time, so Least I don't those stashed. LOL!

Croschet03

One of my storage baskets:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3664/ballsallstoredsmall2dr.jpg

The others:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9430/myfirstbasketsmall8rq.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3289/mynewbasketsmall0kc.jpg

Here's what's inside those baskets:

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4354/ag190076zb.jpg (warning it's a huge and blurry pic)

I don't have it pictured, but I also have a five drawer dresser that holds spinning stuff, more yarn, beading supplies, sewing supplies, more yarn, and misc. craft supplies. On top of the dresser I have a couple of plastic drawer organizer things the kid no longer uses which holds more yarn, a milk crate with a comforter bag that is full of more yarn.... another drawer in the living room full of leftover bits.... and of course the WIP basket. Oh and another basket that has yarn in it. Ummm and about a half dozen sweaters I intend to frog for yarn

A year ago I had almost no yarn at all, then hubby won me a huge lot off ebay, some of that is pictured above is that yarn, some of it is from swaps and RAOK's and some I've purchased. (Oh, than that's a queen sized bed and that's just the full skeins/balls of yarn, I didnt drag out the leftovers or WIPs or sweaters that day to photograph ;) )

The patterns are getting out of control too, I need to get some magazine holders and a few other things to organize it all. One of these days lol.

I must say that I am very proud of each and every one of you for having wonderful yarn stashes :h5:2rock

I'm limited budget-wise but my fiance works right next door to a Hobby Lobby and he's offered to bring me some yarn, thread or nylon depending if its on sale :manyheart

I'm kind of strict on myself tho.. I wont allow myself to have more than 3 projects going at a time (that way I'll finish them faster to buy more yarn) and I currently have 1 everlasting project and am getting ready to start on my second for the purse/tote swap.:knit

Just this morning my fiance asked if I wanted a wooden chest to put all my yarn, books, leaflets and hooks in. I dont have much at all but I realised that if I dont have a place to put what I already have.. then I really shouldn't buy more.

But then I thought.. "A wooden chest would actually look really nice in my room" :devil

Oh.. and yarn sales.. are always a "go ahead and buy it now" :manyheart

-Wendy :D

you have a good start. mine is much much bigger. fills a 10x12 foot room from top to bottom, and always wanting more, i truly am a yarnaholic and i am not afraid to admit it:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

OK I'm somewhere in between Marvie and Thunder - I have an old plastic toy chest that I toss my yarn in along with 3 baskets that are under my coffee table in my living room, a rolling 3 drawer plastic cart for all my thread. A cardboard box for more thread. and 2 big garbage bags of yarn that I need to find a permanent home for. I'm waiting to purchase storage equipment - once I know what I have for room in the new house.

Mine's not quite that much. About 10 years ago I took stock of my "buying habits" and attempted to get myself organized. Hubby bought me a large trunk (a reproduction of those old round top kind like your grandmother had) and it has been WONDERFUL!! Large enough for all my books, etc., as well as thread/yarn.

My stash is pretty big and I've only been crochetting for a month or so. I keep buying and buying. I've made about 10 scarves already and two cell phone pouches, lol. I'll see if I can take a picture of it this evening. ETA: it's pretty neat at the moment at least. I've got the yarns in zip loc bags in a large laundry basket (the actual basket type).

Oh, I forgot the part about hiding stash from hubby.... I haven't reached that point yet lol. He buys me yarn often, encourages me in many ways, and has even sold a few things for me =) I feel quite blessed with him and my son, they are always bragging about something I've made. I didn't realize quite how much the kiddo talks about my projects till a new neighbor in our building mentioned that he'd told her about all the things I've made him, plus all the things I have and can make. I'm a lucky mom =)

I figure someday I will have to start hiding stsh from hubby, but for now he tolerates it without complaint *g* in part because his computer parts stash is already outgrowing the 6.5 ft tall two door cabinet he stores it all in. And whenever he buys computer parts, I get more yarn ;) Works out quite well rofl. "Oh, you say you blew another motherboard and have to replace it? That's fine hunny, I need to get some yarn for such and such project" (or... I am all out of such and such color/fiber content is a good one too) works every time ;)

I have 4 of the new large size hefty bags full. And extra tht didn't fit into the bags. The loft bed in my craftroom has a play area in the back, it's full of yarn.. Tried the big rubbermaid tubs ran out of room in the closet.....

I have 2 20 gallon tubs full of yarn, 2 orange crates full of pattern books, not including the books that are 2 foot high on my dining room table, 4 in my car, and 7 on my bed, oh yeah, and the one beside my chair! I think I may have 5 in the messenger bag I'm carrying, and I have totebags and WalMart sacks full of yarn in every room of the house, oh yeah, and one at work and 2 in my car... :blush

Hubby used to complain, but I took care of that....I got divorced! :eek

My goodness! I am not sure, but I think I have yours beat! (Then again, to find out that would require that I actually go through my stash! If I do that, then I can't tell hubby I have to go out and buy more yarn!!!)

:rofl :rofl :rofl I've been told that my stash is large enough to open a LYS from my home! :rofl :rofl :rofl

My stash is fairly messy and it creeps. Right now, I've got a wall shelf (half as wide as the wall and up to the ceiling) that's crammed full of yarn, at least 8 wire cubes stuffed full, a plastic 7-drawer cabinet with all the drawers overflowing, a steamer trunk full, a huge box under my sewing table (which isn't a pretty site, either :blush), plus about ten or eleven 58-60 quart plastic tubs (some of which can't be closed).

I have pictures of part of it on this blog post: Stash Flash!

My stash has nearly quadrupled in size since these photos were taken. :blush

LOL @ hiding yarn from hubby!! I have a good man! I have a huge storage box filled with yarns and WIP projects in the laundry room. In the living room he bought a chest to keep my stuff in, and every once in awhile I'll go digging for something(threads, yarn, patterns, candles..) and then clean it up while I'm in there. after seeing melissa's pics... I need more yarn now:lol

stash003.jpg

stash001.jpg

I am not as bad as some. I have 3 3-drawer rubbermaid cabinets full of yarn and ribbons. I have one 3-drawer rubbermaid cabinet full of crocheting thread.

I try not to buy yarn or thread unless I am doing a project. Then of course, I buy extra.:devil

DH never complains about what I buy, cause he usually ends up with what I make, unless it is designated for the Granddaughters.:lol

My problem is storage for my dolls. I have 3 5-shelf rubbermaid shelves for my dolls. I have a 5 shelf wooden corner cabinet. These are in the middle room (got rid of the bed) and the guest room. In the computer room I have 3 shelves on top of a cabinet with more dolls and stuffed toys. :eek

Never hide anything from DH as being retired, he is always with me.:hook

Archived