October charity blast

darski

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been plugging along on the wedgewood RR at work. I left it here last night, so after work and this morning I worked on another I had just started. I'll be taking the wedgewood home tonight and focusing on that. I'm off the next two days, but they may be busy and I don't know how much more I will get done. I'll check back in on Wednesday afternoon.

Everyone's doing wonderful -- Keep up the great progress. :cheer :cheer

I have 4 Christmas stockings done as of tonight. I have to work tomorrow so no crocheting until tomorrow evening. Unless I sneak in a bit at lunch tomorrow. :think

Congratulations to everyone. :cheer

I'm still getting my hands back so I have 4 hats so far.

I have not gotten any notices of posts in this thread. Are any others having problems with notices?

Good morning. I got another three rows done on the prayer shawl last night. It's taking all most an hour a row at this point. I'll see if I need another three or not and then go from there.

Congratulations to everyone. :clap It looks like we're doing sure this month. :manyheart

Congratulations to everyone. :cheer

I'm still getting my hands back so I have 4 hats so far.

I have not gotten any notices of posts in this thread. Are any others having problems with notices?

Good job on your hats and I hope your hands are feeling better. I don't use the notices of a subscription thread, so I'm not sure if it's not working or what.

I finished one more Christmas stocking tonight. I'm plugging along and cheering you all along with those big rounds of round ripples and prayer shawls.

hardly got near the crochet this evening,maybe a row and a half,but did start the last 20 inches with navy

Yay! :clap

I finished the crocheting on the prayer shawl last night, but other than hiding the tails, it's done. Then I started another one with a different yarn (fuzzy & rose colored) in a simpler pattern that requires very little concentration. Only two stitches used - chains and double crochets in V stitch pattern. It goes fast and easy. :manyheart

Well... I'm pretty much out of the running this month. I hope a little rest will restore my hands and wrists for next month.

Good on all that has been done and will be done by the end of this blast.

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Just a quick reminder that totals should be posted in

Large

and

Colourful

letters.

I will do the collecting and post totals on Friday.

Thanks for posting this thread..I must have missed it before :think I am still a little new around the "Ville" so that could be why I missed it..I hope to join in next month as I crochet for Hospice of the Valley here in Arizona:clap... and have been making prayer shawls since Sept...Here is one I am currently trying to finish since last week should be done today only needs 6 more rows to donate..:O)

post-35509-135897783697_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this thread..I must have missed it before :think I am still a little new around the "Ville" so that could be why I missed it..I hope to join in next month as I crochet for Hospice of the Valley here in Arizona:clap... and have been making prayer shawls since Sept...Here is one I am currently trying to finish since last week should be done today only needs 6 more rows to donate..:O)

I love that shawl. :manyheart

We generally do this somewhere around the 17th of any month. If you have a reminder program/calendar it can let you know to check in on CAL's.

Mine failed me this month so things got sort of derailed. :wlol

That's beautiful! Very nice work. :clap :clap :clap

Next month - will it fall over the weekend of the 17-18? Later than that we will run in to Thanksgiving, which could be good with people off work (me), or bad with people cooking, eating and Christmas shopping (probably everyone else!)

I abandoned the Wedgewood lapghan. I really hated the yarn. The whole thing is frogged - the blue and red returned to stash, the Wedgewood is chucked in a box for Goodwill. Maybe someone else will love it.

So I really accomplished little. There is the one I finished up the last couple of rows on, I added a few rows to the bright Sunshine Print one while I sat in the laundry room at the apartments yesterday, and last night I started a started a gray and dark red one. When I'm doing round ripples, I like to start several and get them beyond the point where I have to use the pattern and can just pick them up and go. I'm going to start one more tonight at work. I'm going to try to have them finished by the end of the next Charity Blast.

The Sunshine print one is Smooth Fox's hexagon round ripple, the first time I've made the pattern. The center really is a hexagon, not a shapeless blob like it looks in the photo! :lol The finished one is her Daisy Round Ripple pattern - a really super pattern that I've used often. The gray is too, but I modified it to leave off the petal points so the center isn't so flower-like.

1 lapghan finished, 1 started for children's hospital

1 lapghan started for hospice

post-39480-135897783747_thumb.jpg

I have 6 mini Christmas stockings done. Here is a photo to show what I've been working on. I have been using up small scraps of different colors and it's been fun to mix and match the yarns. I'm working on another sock tonight so won't post my final numbers until tomorrow.

post-10977-135897783766_thumb.jpg

Well I have not been on the Internet much this month. My job is sucking the life out of me right now. I am sure things will get even nuttier after the election because we will have a new Mayor and 3 new council people (I'm in city govt).

Needless to say, I missed the Charity Blitz altogether! But I am impressed with all of the work you have all done. Sorry about that Wedgewood yarn but the items you did get done look great to me! I don't see anything that looks like a shapeless blob!

Way to go all of you!!!

Next month - will it fall over the weekend of the 17-18? Later than that we will run in to Thanksgiving, which could be good with people off work (me), or bad with people cooking, eating and Christmas shopping (probably everyone else!)

Could go either way for me. :lol

I abandoned the Wedgewood lapghan. I really hated the yarn. The whole thing is frogged - the blue and red returned to stash, the Wedgewood is chucked in a box for Goodwill. Maybe someone else will love it.

So I really accomplished little. There is the one I finished up the last couple of rows on, I added a few rows to the bright Sunshine Print one while I sat in the laundry room at the apartments yesterday, and last night I started a started a gray and dark red one. When I'm doing round ripples, I like to start several and get them beyond the point where I have to use the pattern and can just pick them up and go. I'm going to start one more tonight at work. I'm going to try to have them finished by the end of the next Charity Blast.

The Sunshine print one is Smooth Fox's hexagon round ripple, the first time I've made the pattern. The center really is a hexagon, not a shapeless blob like it looks in the photo! :lol The finished one is her Daisy Round Ripple pattern - a really super pattern that I've used often. The gray is too, but I modified it to leave off the petal points so the center isn't so flower-like.

Those are all beautiful! Great job! :clap:clap:clap

I have 6 mini Christmas stockings done. Here is a photo to show what I've been working on. I have been using up small scraps of different colors and it's been fun to mix and match the yarns. I'm working on another sock tonight so won't post my final numbers until tomorrow.

[ATTACH]59601[/ATTACH]

How adorable! I'm sure the troops will love them. :clap:clap:clap

I finished and delivered one prayer shawl done in blue Popcorn Copley yarn. Also started two more prayer shawls in different yarns and different patterns.

Love your round ripples. The large lapghan is especially pretty and I love the bright colors you used. Great job! :cheer:cheer

Archived