October charity blast

darski

I know I'm a day late (and a $ short :wlol) but if we want a charity blast I guess we should just get started.

I'm guessing we can run from Fri - Wed for a change.

Personally, I'll just work on hats as my hands still don't want to do much .

if y'all had decided not to do a blast this month - we can just ignore this whole post :rofl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could someone explain this thread to me

TIA

Marsha

Hi, Marsha. Once a month a bunch of us get together and work on things for charity. They can be knitted, crocheted, woven, sewn or whatever. They can be for people or animals, too. We visit and share pictures of what we do. It's for 6 days with sometimes a day or so thrown in at the beginning or end as well. Then at the end we all post our totals and see what a lot we can accomplish working together. Sometimes it seems that one person doesn't make much of a difference and this just proves that we do indeed make a difference. Hope you can join us.:manyheart

Hi, Marsha. Once a month a bunch of us get together and work on things for charity. They can be knitted, crocheted, woven, sewn or whatever. They can be for people or animals, too. We visit and share pictures of what we do. It's for 6 days with sometimes a day or so thrown in at the beginning or end as well. Then at the end we all post our totals and see what a lot we can accomplish working together. Sometimes it seems that one person doesn't make much of a difference and this just proves that we do indeed make a difference. Hope you can join us.:manyheart

Thank you Linda... very well said :hook

I had forgotten all about it for this month. I have a round ripple that's been sitting for three days because I don't want to pick it up and do -- the last row and edging. I became totally bored and ran out of steam that close to the end. This will be incentive to finish it.

I also just started another RR, a new pattern tonight at work. So I'll also be working on that.

Do you mean you get together somewhere on the internet, what charity are you crocheting for. I quess I still don't understand.

Marsha

We get together here at the 'Ville every month - we aim for somewhere around the 17th of each month - This charity event has been going on for many, many moons.

We each do whatever we would normally be doing for charity but this CAL gives us a focus in the middle of a month. Our donations are entirely our own choices in our areas.

Grab a hook and make something if you feel like joining in. I like to make one lapghan per event but my hands aren't always speaking to me so I do hats frequently. As I always say: "When in doubt; make a hat" :wlol

Good morning. I got 3-4 rows done on one of the prayer shawls last night. It's one of those where you start at the middle and work out from there, increasing the number of stitches by 8 every row, so pretty soon it takes longer and l-o-n-g-e-r and L=O=N=G=E=R to do a row. I've got about one or two pattern repeats to go (3 row repeat) and then two rows of edging and it will be done. It's a real pretty sky blue with tufts of bright colors about every 10 to 12 inches. I'll have to take a picture to show you what I mean when it's finished. :D

Good morning everyone. I'm not sure how much charity work I'll get done this time around, I'm feeling like I'm a bit on overload with projects that need to be completed. But I will try to work on a lapghan that I have in progress.

I got a late start too with about 10 rows on a preemie blanket. I will be traveling all week for work but taking two projects with me. This will be my way to relax. Not sure if I will try and crochet on the plane or not.

I'm a day late to this post but would like to work on some mini Christmas stockings for the troops. We are about halfway to the goal of 800 stockings. So I'm in for this week's charity blast for :stockings for the troops.

Good morning. I got 3-4 rows done on one of the prayer shawls last night. It's one of those where you start at the middle and work out from there, increasing the number of stitches by 8 every row, so pretty soon it takes longer and l-o-n-g-e-r and L=O=N=G=E=R to do a row. I've got about one or two pattern repeats to go (3 row repeat) and then two rows of edging and it will be done. It's a real pretty sky blue with tufts of bright colors about every 10 to 12 inches. I'll have to take a picture to show you what I mean when it's finished. :D

this sounds lovely. Sky blues are just coming back into availability again so I plan to enjoy myself with them too.

I love pics :clap

busy bee, I understand your pain with the longer and longer and longer rows on the shawl. I'm doing round ripples right now. I did finish the last round and about half of the edging row (reverse sc). It felt like it took months to get around it. I usually don't bring large projects into work, but I hauled this one in today. I really want to finish the border and then I can weave in the ends tonight when I get home or in the morning. I will be very glad to say farewell to this one!

busy bee, I understand your pain with the longer and longer and longer rows on the shawl. I'm doing round ripples right now. I did finish the last round and about half of the edging row (reverse sc). It felt like it took months to get around it. I usually don't bring large projects into work, but I hauled this one in today. I really want to finish the border and then I can weave in the ends tonight when I get home or in the morning. I will be very glad to say farewell to this one!

Oh, yeah! :lol I understand! :D

:cheer I finished the round ripple :hook Even the ends! :clap I'll try to get a picture, but I won't be able to get it up until Wednesday. No time tomorrow and I'm off Mon -Tue, and I use the computer at work.

It's very bright :sun - RRSS Soft white, petal pink, perfect pink, turqua and spring green. It will probably go to the new Linus program chapter here at the hospital. If not, to the abused children's center at another local hospital.

The next one I've started will probably be for the hospice. It's more "grown up" colors: Wedgewood, Windsor Blue, Claret. I've never made a round ripple for them, but I have several new RR patterns I want to try. I'm only about 12 rows out, but it's rippling a bit. I think it's because the Wedgewood is on the lighter side of RH, and the Windsor blue is a thicker heavier one. Claret is somewhere in the middle on the heavier side. I hope it works as I get farther out and there is more weight to the piece to pull it out.

:cheer I finished the round ripple :hook Even the ends! :clap I'll try to get a picture, but I won't be able to get it up until Wednesday. No time tomorrow and I'm off Mon -Tue, and I use the computer at work.

It's very bright :sun - RRSS Soft white, petal pink, perfect pink, turqua and spring green. It will probably go to the new Linus program chapter here at the hospital. If not, to the abused children's center at another local hospital.

The next one I've started will probably be for the hospice. It's more "grown up" colors: Wedgewood, Windsor Blue, Claret. I've never made a round ripple for them, but I have several new RR patterns I want to try. I'm only about 12 rows out, but it's rippling a bit. I think it's because the Wedgewood is on the lighter side of RH, and the Windsor blue is a thicker heavier one. Claret is somewhere in the middle on the heavier side. I hope it works as I get farther out and there is more weight to the piece to pull it out.

The new one sounds gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing this first one. :clap:clap:clap

I usually don't like the variegated with sharp light dark contrasts like the wedgewood has, and I've tried several things with it and ripped them all out. But I think this one is going to look nice, even with the blotchy effect this variegated gives. The claret and windsor blue are turning out to be very good matches for it.

Congrats on finishing up your round ripple. :clap I know sometimes the final few rounds are killers and then weaving all the ends under can take a while too.

I finished up two mini Christmas stockings for the troops. I may make another few more socks and then switch to a hat. It's like Darski says when in doubt make a hat! :lol

Archived