Afghans are my passion

MarshaRice

So I thought I'd show a few. There are no patterns, with the exception of the baby ghan, cause lets face it, once you've mastered the granny square, the skies the limit.

This one was made for my hairdressers new baby, it's the only one I used a pattern for

post-63534-135897782159_thumb.jpg

This one is Jacob's Ladder, it's my favorite quilt pattern

post-63534-135897782164_thumb.jpg

This one is for my GD Kayla, purple is her favorite color

post-63534-135897782167_thumb.jpg

This one was made for GD Sara

post-63534-13589778217_thumb.jpg

This one is the first scrap ghan I've made, and I love it, I might keep this one

post-63534-135897782433_thumb.jpg

These are just a few I've made in the last year

Thanks for looking

Marsha

All your afghans are beautiful but, I am with your granddaughter Kayla her purple(my favorite color also) afghan is my choice as the favorite.

Thank you all for the nice comments,

Very pretty! Love the 5th one the best! Can you tell me what kind of join method you used on them?

I use a whip stitch with a large tapestry needle. Put right sides together and use just the back loops. A couple tips I'll pass along, make sure each block has the same amount of stitches so when you're sewing them together you can match stitch for stitch, and when finishing off a block leave a tail long enough to sew with. I also start the last row of a block in the corner and end it with a ch 1, sc, so the tail is in the corner where you'll start sewing.

BTW, my tapestry needle is my second most important tool, cause I weave in all the tails as I work.

Marsha

Archived