male, crocheting and proud of it!

realmencrochet

hi all,

i'm new to the forum and consider myself a newbie. I started crocheting over twenty years ago while in the peace corps, but didn't get back to it until about a year ago. want to learn much more. i look at it as a creative outlet for me and don't like people telling me that a "man" shouldn't be engaged in it, so even more determined.

not shy about jumping into more advanced projects. in fact, hoping for some help with making an eeyore hat with ears. i only have two weeks! (LOL)

looking forward to learning a lot.

thank you.

Richard

Hi and welcome from Ontario Canada. I'm always so excited when I encounter a male crocheter, it reminds me of my Uncle Bill. He was a farmer, a very large man with hands so large he could catch a football with one hand, and he crocheted the most beautiful lace doilies, and bed dolls. He used a number 11 steel crochet hook and crochet cotton. My mother still has one of his doilies and I look forward to having it when the time comes.

welcome to the ville, Richard. Glad to see you. We don't care whether you're male or female. All that matters is the fact that you enjoy it and want to learn more. I've been crocheting since I was 8 years old (33 years ago) I too got away from it for a while only to be drawn back when I was pregnant.

Again, welcome and if I can help you any let me know. I'll do what I can.

Welcome from another one of the fellers here. An eyore hat! Great idea. I'm sure you'll find someone here for help (not me, mind you... I just make hooks).

Archived