Completed Work in Progress “Angela�

Tampa Doll

Where is the pattern from? In order for it to stand so well, do you use starch and if so, what kind and what recipe? or do you use a certain type of glue?

Glad you all like Angela. :c9 I have been looking for an angel for the top of my tree for quite a while now. I was sent a book called Angelic Ladies by House of White Burches. The largest of the three was the perfect size. (20") :angel I saw a pattern once for one that was 3 feet tall. Now where would you store something that big? :think I did change the wings a little, and I am happy with the results.

As to stiffening her, I used a stiffner that I purchased at the store. I have used Elmers glue and water and they give you a recipe for sugar and water. (Bugs???):bee :dragonfly

Christmas is my favorite holiday.:ctree:wreath

Happy crocheting.

MaryJo - Angela is absolutely stunning. What a wonderful job.

In fact I do have that book and pattern and am just so tempted to start one. I also have the one for the 3 ft. angel but like you - where do you store it?

It will not only be a challenge to crochet Angela, it will also be a challenge to be able to find the fixings to do her up here in the north. But I will try. Will let you know the outcome. Thankyou for your help and keep up the good work.

Oh, by the way, love your dollies in the background also.

June

khourtniey on the last picture of the first page, the angel is standing up by herself. The Angel has been stiffened with stiffener that was purchased at the store. In the other pictures where you see green, that is the styrafoam (spelling?) form I use for shaping.:D

readyfox-it will also be a challenge to be able to find the fixings to do her .

I had trouble finding the fixings for her also. What I did for the teardrops was in Joann's they have this trim that has beads handing down. I tried to find cheap earings for the beads, but ended up using this trim.:think

Will look forward to seeing yours when it is done.:hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm speechless! What a stunningly gorgeous tree-topper you have created! Her hair is lovely (looks like mine when I leave it down to dry after a wash), what did you use to make that?

Truly amazing!

And Andrea, thanks for the huge belly laughs! Boobs indeed! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Archived