crochetbug13

2012 North Carolina State Fair project

There were times I definitely had to consider the possibility this would not be done in time for the fair, but friends sent me crochet mojo and some of their insomnia, and I worked through the night and got it done. You can read about it here. This picture does not have the best light, but it was the best light I could find under the circumstances.

I am happy to report that not only did I get this turned in on time, but it earned a blue ribbon in its category (afghans with 2+ colors), and is so big that even I can't steal all the covers.

post-43348-135897781425_thumb.jpg

Edited by crochetbug13
Additional information
  • Like 1

Oh my goodness!!!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!!! All your time and work has paid off tremendously!!! I am sure that it will take top honors at the fair.

That is gorgeous!

Absolutely amazing !!! I've been following the progress on your blog and getting nervous.

You are sure to win the super duper blue ribbon for your afghan. Gorgeous! :clap:clap:clap

It this does not win first, they need new judges.

This is amazing.:hook

Soooo beeee-autiful!! Great job!!

Your afghan is beautiful and should first take prize for sure. I love seeing crochet patterns into what was only the quilt world it is a piece of art.

That is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Ha Ha...it gives me immense pleasure to say...TOLD YA SO!!!! Its really beautiful and so deserves top honors....now go sleep and rest while I admire and envy your awesome talent....:P

Hugs

Words fail me! That is just amazingly beautiful. It is truely a work of art! Good luck.

LegalWoman17, I am thrilled to report that you called it correctly. This piece is, indeed, getting a blue ribbon. After last year's debacle where they displayed my entry folded with the back side showing and in a display case away from ALL of the other entries (and it was an honorable mention), this is at least a step in the right direction. I haven't been yet, so I don't know that they have it displayed they way the did all of the other entries, but will be eating funnel cakes and checking that out on Friday.

Holy cow! I thought it was a real quilt until I made the picture bigger...I love it!

You have no idea how important that encouragement is to me. There were several of you (and you are definitely one of them) who helped me power through any moments of doubt.