Looking for stretchy crochet thread

Klixis

I've been wanting to make some elegant lace wrist warmers, among other things, that would require a stretchy crochet thread. I can't find any, anywhere. Is there something else I could use, or does anyone know where I could find it, even online? I've heard omega brand makes some, but i can't find their website for some reason. Thanks for your help folks! :tup

The only stretch thread I have found is nylon and although very soft is usually used for sewing stretch clothing (like swimsuits). However it comes in so many colors, even neon shades or clear. Not knowing how fine a thread you would want, it may be an option. You could always double or triple the threads for a thicker ply. It is sold at create for less.com.... and made by A&E. I am not sure if it actually stretches or is used for stretch stitch sewing...:think

Another option might be the stretch sock yarn.

The only Omega thread I could find is their nylon thread, which does not stretch. These nylon threads are called stretch thread because of their ability to be used with stretch materials and will not break under the stress. They are being sold on ebay in an assortment of colors.

Another option is the stretch cord used for beading and making jewelry/bracelets...You can find them in clear or colors at most craft or beading supply places...

Archived