What to enter in state fair?

I have never entered anything in the fair, but I would like to do so next summer. From the looks of the afghans and handmade items (both knitted and crocheted), it would not be difficult to make a project to showcase my talent and win a ribbon! :hook

Suggestions on what to make?

I thought of a Bobbles & Lace afghan in ocean colors; blues, blue-greens, turqua, maybe even coral, and some white in between to brighten it up...

I entered for the first time this year, as did my 13 year old daughter. She entered an ear flap beanie she made and I entered a sweetheart ripple afghan, Tunisian scarf, converse baby booties and a dragon hat. We both got 1st place on all our items and my daughter got youth best in show.

Congratulations! :cheer

I entered 4 divine hats and 2 afghans, one being a Christmas round ripple and the other a wool eater. I got blues on all. However at our fair to get the BIG ribbon it seems it needs to be something like a shawl that is real lacy. At least that is what I've seen there the last few years.

Next year however, I am going to enter the log cabin afghan and the Welcome pineapple afghan. Also a shawl. Now all 3 of these items are almost complete and were supposed to go this year :rofl So much for that idea.

So what you have planned sounds great, but maybe check out something that is a lacy shawl or something :D That is my plan

Archived