Crocheted Kelp Forest Shawl

lavonne3ca

I just had to try this shawl, I had a rocky start but loved how it turned out. Please forgive the horrible lighting, I just couldn't wait to daylight. This took 2 skiens of Sashay. This first link leads to the written knitted pattern and second a link to the youtube video in which she explains how its worked with both knit and crochet.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kelp-forest-shawlette

post-274-135897780218_thumb.jpg

post-274-135897780221_thumb.jpg

I'm so excited! Karin, the designer of this shawl, has just given me permission to write up a pattern featuring crochet instructions!!

Of course, the pattern will give her credit as the inspiration, link to her video, and back to her Ravelry page.

Since her original pattern is a free version, the crochet version will be free also.

Now, sorry to disappoint you, but you're going to have to wait awhile for me to get it done. I won't be able to start until after I get back from STITCHES East on October 15.

I will take very detailed pictures along the way, so it will be both a pattern and tutorial. A pattern that can be printed on one page, with more detailed instructions if needed, with lots of close-up photos, for the tutorial part.

Since I'm left-handed, I'll even make both right-handed and left-handed versions available.

Archived