Christmas in the Hospital

MissBeccaMN

Hi all!

Every year through here my mom has done a Toy drive for a hospital in the Minneapolis St. Paul area.

This year I am in charge of the toy drive. We will be donating toys to Gillette Children's hospital in Minneapolis.

As a pre-med student I work 2 jobs in the hospital setting and see how tough it is in children in the hospital and their families over any holiday. This hospital is special to me because of a family experience and because it is the place I hope to work some day!

I will be bringing in as many toys as I can the week before Christmas to try to brighten the spirits of these children!

I have talked to Child Life at Gillette and they are so excited for this to happen!

They said that they will accept hand crafted toys or store bought toys as long as they are not used/in rough condition!

If you would like to donate please pm me for my address

In return for donating I am sending out my Bear in hoodie pattern for free. It is currently for sale in my etsy store but for any donations it will be free!

Just be sure to include your email address in the box/envelope with the donation so I can send you the package!

Thank you so much in advance!!

Do you have some suggestions of some fairly easy to make items you would like to receive. Have not done this before and an having trouble thinking of appopriate items.

Thanks

Just confirmed tonight we are getting Pre-med association on campus involved!

Also I will have another pattern for donations! I will have a preview of it this weekend! :)

For those of you who are new to this...

Here are the basics.

If you send me one toy for the toy drive, you may pick one of the patterns I am offering for free.

If you send me two or more toys, you may have both patterns emailed to you!

The toys can either be hand made, or store bought. Also, books are great too!

Last year, we had everything from movies, to books, to chemo hats, to baby blankets, not to mention toys!

Here is what happened last year! :)

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131515

Archived