Sign in to follow this  
Tokitae

Newbie from GA :)

Just getting back into the swing of things. Did crochet in high school... never really learned more than the basics. Trying to teach myself again and found this site. :)

Having some issues with a pattern; even though it's a beginner one.

Row 1: With MC, ch 91, work 2 dc in third ch from hook, *skip 3 ch, sc in next ch,

ch 3, dc in ea of next 3 ch, rep from * across, working sc in last ch, turn.

The bolded part is just throwing me for a loop.

Hello, welcome to Crochetville!

Well, the row, as I understand it from reading your instructions is, with Main Color, chain 91, you make 2 dc in third chain from hook, then you skip 3 chains and make 1 sc in the next chain, chain 3 and make 1 dc in each of next 3 chains, then you begin again from the asterisk, you skip 3 chains, you make 1 sc in next ch, chain 3, 1 dc in each of next 3 chains, and repeat again from the asterisk, until you finish your row.

Hope this helps!

Hi:hi and welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida

Hi there. I am from GA also. I think what might be throwing you about the pattern is that you are making a loop when you CH3 and then DC in each of the next 3 chains. I am wondering what the next row says that you do in the chain 3 loop? If the next row does not say anything about what you do in the CH3 space or loop ... then I would say that the pattern is missing SKIP 3 CH before the 3 DCs. Just my take without seeing what the pattern looks like. I hope that you can figure it out ... hang with it!!!

It looks like the 2nd row has you working in the loop. I just did a small strip and it looks pretty good. Follow it exactly and I think that you will be happy. Happy Hooking

Hello from south Florida!

Welcome Welcome!! :hi