TENTATIVE Nashville Crochet Retreat: January 18-20, 2013

Amy

I am kicking around the idea of a crochet retreat in Nashville/Franklin, TN for January 18-20, 2013. Location would be the Drury Plaza Hotel in Franklin, TN (bedroom community just south of Nashville).

I would need to verify with all designers that they are okay with us offering classes on their patterns before I publish specifics on some of these patterns. Each class fee includes yarn and pattern.

Classes feature techniques such as basic Tunisian, slip stitch crochet, working with motifs, broomstick lace, and filet crochet. All should be suitable for advanced beginners/intermediate crocheters.

Tentative Retreat Schedule

Friday, January 18

9:00--10:30 AM, Tunisian scarf class (cowl or plain scarf), Red Heart With Wool, $32.00

10:30--Noon, Slip stitch short row scarf and Audrey Gloves (fingerless gauntlets) tied with satin ribbon), Red Heart Midnight, $39

Noon--2:00 PM, Lunch/free time

2:00--3:30, Crochet Lorelei Scarf, Red Heart Unforgettable, $39

3:30--5:30, Broomstick Lace Vest, Red Heart Unforgettable, $49/$54 depending on size

5:30--8:00, Dinner on Your Own

8:00--????, Sit and Stitch, pajama party, games

Saturday, January 19

9:00--11:00 AM, Filet crochet shawl, $56

11:00--1:00 PM, Lunch/free time

1:00--5:00 PM, Sit and Stitch, games, fastest crocheter

5:00--8:00 PM, Dinner on Your Own

8:00--????, Sit and Stitch, games

Sunday, January 20

10:00 AM--????, Sit and Stitch until whenever people need to go home; I could stay as late as 6:00 PM or so

Interested? Let Us Know!

If you're potentially interested in attending, please fill out our interest survey form to let us know which classes you would be most interested in taking. Filling out the form is NOT a commitment to attend. We just need to know if there's sufficient interest before pursuing this idea further.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Happy New Year Amy,

Will you be planning another retreat later on this year, like the summer or fall? I would really like to attend one but January is too soon after Christmas for me to leave.

There is enough general interest that we'll likely proceed with something, but later in the year.

My daughter had some major health concerns at the beginning of last November, so I wasn't able to devote efforts to planning a big retreat.

We may try to do something for later this year.

I hope your daughter is doing better, Amy! As for the retreat, depending on the dates, I'd enjoy a retreat with other crocheters. Especially if there is someone in the northeastern GA or southwestern NC area that would like to carpool. :)

Archived