Day Dream Granny

Julz

I just finished this one...Its just your standard granny square, I used the Bernat Mosaic yarn in the color of Daydream. I love how this turned out although I'm not a fan of this yarn and probably won't use it again...it was very thin in some spots and then got very thick and there were a few times, I just grabbed to yarn and pulled and it came right apart...but after all the color is beautiful!!

This will also be a prize at my family reunion on Saturday

post-16225-135897780001_thumb.jpg

Very nice looking granny afghan!! I love the yarn, but did not like the quality of it....thick/thin and very easy to tear!! And it is not an inexpensive type yarn either!! The only reason I bought the yarn is because I had a 50% off coupon from JoAnn's & someone from here had made a "divine hat" using that yarn.....and it was so darn pretty!! It is a gorgeous yarn!! :)

Julz, I keep coming back to this, it's just really beautiful and elegant in it's simplicity!

Can you share with me how many squares you did across and down? Did you by any chance get the measurements?

My curious mind wants to know! LOL!!!

Thanks! Alaina

Julz, I keep coming back to this, it's just really beautiful and elegant in it's simplicity!

Can you share with me how many squares you did across and down? Did you by any chance get the measurements?

My curious mind wants to know! LOL!!!

Thanks! Alaina

Hi Alaina...thanks I'm glad you like it!! I did 5 rounds of the actual granny square. I did 6 across and 7 down for a total of 42 squares. No, I didn't measure it but it really wasn't that big with this kind of yarn. I would just suggest you make as many as you like for the width and then the same for the length but just add one more row for the length for it to look more rectangular instead of squared

• 2 weeks later...

Archived