Crocheter ADD/Shinny Object Syndrome ~ CAL......

teakaycee

Well here is my picture of Theron's baby blanket. He is due the beginning of December. He will be my 3rd grandchild, but the first since I've been crocheting

Oh I love it!!!!

Yeah... the hearts look much better right side up.. huh...LOL

:heart

:mug

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:roflYou crack me up! Love the colors you're using! It looks like Simply Soft. I haven't had a chance to work on mine the past couple days. I hate when I can't find time to crochet! :angry

Caron baby one pound! It feels alot like SS and splits like it too :D

Okay you ladies are going to think that I really do have ADD/SOS lol! I was happily working away on my ripple for my dh for Christmas. Then he says he really wants an afghan with the star of David on it. Huh? Well, me being me was instantly dissatisfied working on an afghan that isn't exactly what he would want. So I started a round ripple in blues and white and I'm planning to try to surface crochet gold star of David designs on it. My sweetheart has been set aside. And if I will most likely have to frog the sweetheart so that I can use the yarn for the rr. Money is so tight I just can't go out and buy more yarn for it. I was able to buy a little more yarn yesterday at a thrift store, but not enough for an afghan and of course nothing that coordinates with anything else, lol. Still thrift store finds are good for small projects and stash building.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my stash will be barely there after all my Christmas gifts are made, lol.

So, do I belong here if I can't complete that afghan? :think I'm feeling awfully flakey right now. :lol

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Omy..... what a day yesterday.... :sigh

Well.. I did get my manicure which was nice... a little "me" time is good. Stopped at JoAnns to get some yarn that I need for the school color ripples I'm making for the Jr class to raffle for Prom funds.

I dont know what I did to my left knee... but boy does it hurt!

I've been walking the track at the High School while my youngest has football practice. Day before yesterday I walked 4 1/2 miles. My knee didnt hurt then... but the next morning I could hardly walk. Darn old age!!!!

Well.... my boys all have their pink t-shirts on and pink socks. Tonight they will have pink football beanies on that I made and possibly a pink hoodie if its cold. We will be ready for the Pink Out game! :)

Recently one of our dogs dug up a bunny nest... well... if you all know my youngest and my house... we try to rescue baby animals in need. We started out with 4 bunnies... and are down to 1 last one now. This one is doing really well though... I actually have some hope with this little guy. But I have been making tiny little burial bags for each bunny as it passes away. :(

Well yesterday I got a call from a very dear friend who's brother and his girl lost their 17 week baby. Just breaks my heart. They induced labor last night and the little boy was born. My friend called to ask if I would make a tiny baby blanket. Well of course I did... but I got to thinking... I'm really tired of making burial items.

Today I plan on working on my blue/brown ripple'ghan.... thats happy and a good thing. sheesh.

Okay... need more :mug

Then need to get hubby moving.... we may do a little car (Jeep) shopping today.

have a GREAT day everyone! :hug

Dee........... you are more than welcome to stay here and hang out with us... you never know ... you may just get a chance to finish this one... or maybe start a new one... but if nothing else... you can :cheer the rest of us on that are trying to finish this darn ripple...LOL.

Did someone say coffee? :D

I'm back! :hook I had the nastiest stomach flue ever! I did manage to make an entire blanket for a co worker in the process. I have been working on my ripple but it isn't progressing very quickly since I have a million Christmas project going as well. I think I may have over purchased on yarn! The weather has turned cold out of no where here in Texas. It looks like I am going to spend most of my day moving in my potted garden in hopes that I can save it. I hate to see plants die! It makes me sad. :( I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it's not to late for me to join in with you gals! I am also working on this same pattern. I am using Deborah Norville Everyday yarn. Here is what I have so far.

post-21469-135897783387_thumb.jpg

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Evening¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

My goodness... it has been so busy here at my house. :whew

I havent been able to work on my sweetheart ripple due to tending to items for a couple fundraisers going on here in our town. Our Firestation burnt down about a month ago... so our town came together and had a fundraiser to help offset some of the costs that insurance wont cover.

The Jr/Sr Prom is having a fundraiser next month and needed some items to raffle off... they asked me if I would make a couple afghans. So still working on those. I got a couple nice orders for my Football Beanies.. .so have been making alot of those too.

Of course the everyday family stuff too... tending to the house... taking care of my kids.... and my husband who has come down with a sore throat and fever.... Which he does not need at this point.... only having his transplant back in May. :sigh

Anyway... wanted to stop in... say :hi HI and see what you are all up to!

And reneeb........... WELCOME.... love what you've done so far on your ripple!!!!

have a great night all!

check back in later

I hope it's not to late for me to join in with you gals! I am also working on this same pattern. I am using Deborah Norville Everyday yarn. Here is what I have so far.

[ATTACH]59566[/ATTACH]

That is really pretty! I really like the colors that you have chosen :)

• 5 weeks later...

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ GOOD EVENING ALL ¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

Wow... is this CAL right on or what.... LOL

We all have Shinny Object Syndrome.... BAD!!!! :rofl

Well............ how is everyone?

How are your Sweetheart Ripple'ghans coming along?

What projects have caught your attention and kept you from your Ripple?

Me?... Well......... I'm good... been super busy with my son Michael who has relapsed from Nephrotic Syndrome.

I've been crocheting like crazy... just not spending too much time on my Sweetheart Ripple'ghan. I've been caught up in charity stuff.... trying out a couple new patterns... writting up a couple of my own patterns... and of course Thanksgiving.

We had a great Thanksgiving... I was successful in making a low sodium meal.. .turkey and all the sides so Michael could enjoy it too!

Okay.... back to coffee and crocheting for a while yet!

Catch you all later!

Hi All!

I had to put my hearts aside in order to get some Christmas stuff done that my DD wanted for some friends as gifts. My dh laughs that she is giving the gifts and I am doing all the work:shrug

• 1 month later...
I thought it would be fitting to see my finished afghan and it's recipient...my new grandson!

OMGosh.................both beautiful!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.:: Good Morning everyone......................

This is just a quick pop in to say HI and Have a GREAT day!

I'm off to sub today at the elementary school.... so I'll catch up later this afternoon/evening!

Things have been more than crazy around my house!  So I'm in need of help to get back on track my friends!!!

See you later when I get home!   Be ready for some chatting... I need my friends!   :)

Hugs to you all :hug

lol,  I saw this topic and just had to take a look.  I am not working on the ripple you are focusing on so for now I will just lurk in the thread.  But I may join,  I find that at times I have a severe case of Shiny Object Syndrome, lol........

Currently have one Afghan very near being finish, one that is just getting off the ground, one that is still in WIM stage, I have the yarn and the pattern just trying to finish one of the other two first lol.  Also planned, a cowl/hood to match a pair of fingerless mitts (this is a knit project).  Two care bears that are just body parts right now lol, one baby blanket that just need edging and ends weaved in.........

Hmmm looking at my list I am in worse shape than I thought good to know I am not alone :)

Evening kids.....................

:whew... what a day.    Good but long day.   Going in to work helps the day go by quicker so I can kind of get through not being able to visit  hubby since he's in isolation.  :(

Finally home... dinner done... fresh cup of coffee in front of me.... catching up here.... and crocheting next to me to work on!

Trying to think of some things to do for fundraising to help get some extra money to help pay for my son Patrick to go on his trip this summer.

I really need to get my hook moving and sell some crochet items.

lol,  I saw this topic and just had to take a look.  I am not working on the ripple you are focusing on so for now I will just lurk in the thread.  But I may join,  I find that at times I have a severe case of Shiny Object Syndrome, lol........

Currently have one Afghan very near being finish, one that is just getting off the ground, one that is still in WIM stage, I have the yarn and the pattern just trying to finish one of the other two first lol.  Also planned, a cowl/hood to match a pair of fingerless mitts (this is a knit project).  Two care bears that are just body parts right now lol, one baby blanket that just need edging and ends weaved in.........

Hmmm looking at my list I am in worse shape than I thought good to know I am not alone   Yeah..................its so good to have you join in.      I have fallen so far behind in my ripple.    I seriously need to get it back out and work a row or two!!!!!

bbiab.... :)

Squirrel!

I can't find one hook bag, and the other is out in the truck surrounded by snow..and I just don't wanna... So I have to find a project to work on that uses a J hook..as that is the only one I have right now :D

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ 

:snow hope all is well with everyone this fine snowy morning.................  

School was cancelled for us today... so the boys got to sleep in and no subbing for me.

So................... I'm going to spend some serious time with my hook and yarn today!!!!  :hook

Squirrel!

I can't find one hook bag, and the other is out in the truck surrounded by snow..and I just don't wanna... So I have to find a project to work on that uses a J hook..as that is the only one I have right now  LOL... omgoodness!!!!   

Archived